Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

U.S. Military training programs advocating genocide

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012...all/1?pid=1195

https://www.aclu.org/blog/religion-b...ials-uncovered

This has been in the news for a few weeks. More leaked materials were released a few days ago and can be seen here.

Excerpts from the article:

"The U.S. military taught its future leaders that a “total war” against the world’s 1.4 billion Muslims would be necessary to protect America from Islamic terrorists, according to documents obtained by Danger Room. Among the options considered for that conflict: using the lessons of “Hiroshima” to wipe out whole cities at once, targeting the “civilian population wherever necessary.”"

"For the better part of the last decade, a small cabal of self-anointed counterterrorism experts has been working its way through the U.S. military, intelligence and law enforcement communities, trying to convince whoever it could that America’s real terrorist enemy wasn’t al-Qaida — but the Islamic faith itself. In his course, Dooley brought in these anti-Muslim demagogues as guest lecturers. And he took their argument to its final, ugly conclusion."
    ___

This is horrifying. So we've got some troops that have probably had it drilled into their heads that they are in a genocidal war with Islam and that civilian casualties are necessary.
    Last edited by TofuBeast; 2012-05-21 at 03:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeings how the Muslim world is treating Western civilization, I would have no problem with it.

"History does not allow freedom to be defended by the weak and the timid." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Cynon View Post
    Seeings how the Muslim world is treating Western civilization, I would have no problem with it.
    No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.

The things people find on the internet. Not once as a member of the military for the last 6 years and the countless hours I have spent training have I been told or read that we are at "war" with Islam and that civilian casualties are necessary. Yes there are those in the military that believe this garbage, but there are just as many if not more that are not in the military or associated with any form of government that believe this.

/OVER BLOWN TRUTH SO EVERYONE WILL HATES THE GOVERNMENT

Are you legit retarded? Oh sorry, just noticed you're an American, I forgive you.

Infracted
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-05-21 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackattack View Post
    The things people find on the internet. Not once as a member of the military for the last 6 years and the countless hours I have spent training have I been told or read that we are at "war" with Islam and that civilian casualties are necessary. Yes there are those in the military that believe this garbage, but there are just as many if not more that are not in the military or associated with any form of government that believe this.

and if you were still in the military and you were ordered to destroy a city populated purely by muslims would you?
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goraax View Post
    Are you legit retarded? Oh sorry, just noticed you're an American, I forgive you.
    Don't act like that way of thinking is true for all Americans. That's a bullshit way of thinking and every military leader I've spoken to has said so. These articles contradict the very training I've been given. We are taught NOT to target civilians and we are taught that Islamic terror is a small minority of Islam, not a true representation of their religion. I don't know where these two articles come from. Likely propaganda spin from anti-military rags.

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    and if you were still in the military and you were ordered to destroy a city populated purely by muslims would you?
    No I would not, and we would not give such an order legally anyways.

Such an order goes against the Geneva Conventions, among other things, I'd be legally obligated to disobey.
    Putin khuliyo

I'm not surprised that you don't understand what this is, and choose to make bold accusations instead of really trying to find out, but what I will key you in on is the fact that this is just a man's presentation and therefore his own personal opinions. This is not US military doctrine nor is it some training aid. Not to mention that many of the highlighted portions in the Wired article are irrefutable facts. Not sure why the facts are being made to be shocking here?

I was just going to say something similar. This is a small group of (moronic) people spouting bullshit. It's not what 99.999% of people actually believe.

It's akin to saying, "All men advocate beating their wives! Because one guy did."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by TheVadar View Post
    Therein lies the problem, each sides does not have the same level of consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    There are lawful and unlawful orders in the military.

So the question is "Is it a lawful order or not?" So if its just a city full of Muslim Faith civilians and nothing else, then no I would not.

See what "most" people fail to understand is that the military is no different then society. There are laws and regulations the we as members of the military must follow. If we do not follow them, bad things happen. Just like in society. Civilians that do not follow the "law" cause bad things to happen. The soldiers that do not follow the "law" cause bad things to happen.

OP, congratulations on reading a sensationalist headline, doing no thinking of your own, and screaming about how the military is brainwashing our troops to genocide Muslims.

This is not the official position of the US military, this is one man. The title of the article is ridiculous and doesn't accurately reflect what actually happened.

Any soldier that actually takes this to heart is already a disturbed individual. This person is teaching officers - not recruits, mind you - and I guarantee not one of them walked out of there thinking "well, the next time I'm in Afghanistan or Iraq I guess I should shoot all the brown people." They're smarter than that, as evidenced by the fact that this nonsense was reported, stopped, and is currently being investigated.

Yes, the teacher is a bad person, no, he shouldn't have done what he did, but it has no lasting impact and has been rectified by the leadership of the military. This isn't an institutionalized problem and therefore not a big deal. One teacher is a bigot, and he'll be fired. Worse things have happened.

The article says there's a group of idiots weaseling around spreading hate to anyone who'll listen. It also says that the reason this whole thing happened is because the teacher brought them in and agreed with them. Nobody was taking those people seriously, and the article seems to imply they didn't even have official positions, saying the group is "working its way through the U.S. military, intelligence and law enforcement communities". I could be misreading that.

Even if I am, though, they aren't the ones teaching our soldiers. The only person in this article who actually told soldiers things like "we need a war on Islam" from a position of any authority at all was Matthew Dooley. Who is now under investigation, and whose program has been scrapped. So no, this isn't a big deal, no, we don't have soldiers brainwashed into thinking they should kill all adherents to Islam, and yes, you're seriously insulting the intelligence of our troops if you think one man during one lecture could convince them that an entire group of people need to be exterminated.

OP, have you talked to any military personnel to see if any of that is true or are you just -that- weak minded you'll believe anything published on the interwebs?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVadar View Post
    Not that I agree that ISlam itself is the enemy but I do think your comment is wrong.

Genocide = the systematic removal of the problem, furthermore it shows the rest of the world exactly what we are willing to do in the name of protecting our own making it far less likely they would give us the motivation to attack them.

Of course it is rare that such extreme measures are needed, take japan in ww2 for example they tossed up the white flag after we annihilated the civilians along with the militant in just 2 cities with a extreme showing of force.

Simple fact is, one will not likely support going to war if it means the potential annihilation of their non militant family members.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    So no, this isn't a big deal, no, we don't have soldiers brainwashed into thinking they should kill all adherents to Islam, and yes, you're seriously insulting the intelligence of our troops if you think one man during one lecture could convince them that an entire group of people need to be exterminated.
    It is also possible some people actually are affected by people so easily that they believe others are as well, so I wouldn't necessarily look at it as an insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is why shit has to go through like a million approvals before it gets out of a think tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Threads on religion is not allowed on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Not that I agree that ISlam itself is the enemy but I do think your comment is wrong.

Genocide = the systematic removal of the PROBLEM
    I think that is the mentality that people are absolutely scared of. Genocide is not the systematic removal of a problem, it is the deliberate and systematic extermination of an ethic or national group. The face that people think an entire ethnicity is the problem is what truly shocks the vast majority of people.

Like I said in my post, "So we've got sometroops that have probably had it drilled into their heads"

I was particularly careful on my wording there to avoid people from thinking that I'm alleging that the whole military is this way.

Not only are there people telling troops this shit, there are plenty of people in the U.S. that agree with things like this that I have talked to or seen. And if there's a good population of citizens that think it, I guarantee you that there are troops that think it.

Even the posts in this thread show that people think this way.

I'm not saying that the military has been systematically brainwashed. But things like this only reinforce people's beliefs that the religion of Islam, comprising of a 5th of the world's population, is evil and must be destroyed.

You don't become the badguy so you can beat the bad guy.
    Being a war crazed Fundie, so you can kill war crazed fundies, leaves you with war crazed fundies when it's all over. Rite?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.