Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Im in love with Frost Arrow.

It hits SO hard single target AND AoE, and freezes.

Quote Originally Posted by vaenror View Post
    Uhm. Now i have to think a better setup for thrash packs - bola stun abuse. Anyway very interesting, it opens for me a lot of possibilities
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isharii View Post
    Im in love with Frost Arrow.

It hits SO hard single target AND AoE, and freezes.
    +Cold Dam weapon + Hungering Arrow + Tentacles + Cull the weak = Frost Arrow on crack (after lvl 59)

10+ Year Old Account
    LMB: Hungering Arrow (scatter shot)
    RMB: Elemental Arrow (unruned)
    1: Smokescreen (displacement)
    2: Preparation (battle scars)
    3: Caltrops (jagged spikes)
    4: Sentry (spitfire turret)

Passives: Vengeance, Cull the Weak, Perfectionist.

I'm only level 38. Te only time I die is if I get surrounded, and even then I come out on top sometimes because Elemental Arrow does so much damage, and I have a templar with Guardian.

Just getting started on nightmare myself, but I'd say the amount of new skills, runes and gear you'll pick up will change your tactics inevitably. For instance the entangling shot / chain gang works wonders on normal, but everyone seems to go for either bola shots or hungering arrows once you get the right runes.

Also since there seems to be a ton of working builds out there, I'm wondering if this question would be easier to approach by means of exclusion - are there any absolute no-go abilities that just won't work or will be rendered useless by more powerful abilities? Will I have to abandon my grenades once I get to Hell? =/

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there are abilities that are a "no-go". Every ability can work if you use it right (in a right build that supplements that ability).
    Just look at the different working builds in this very thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    The trick to this spec being the tentacles, cold weapon and having all the modifiers on them. Tentacles can hit the same target multiple times (3 on Belial) so they are awesome AOE and Single Target. They cost next to nothing to cast and you have your Bat doubling hatred regen. Tentacles also hit every target for the full weapon% damage, unlike ball lightning.

I am certainly looking forward to trying this out, unless they hotfix the tentacles, wich seems likely from how OP they are supposed to be. My only personal hickup with this spec is the lack of a proper hatred generator, but will have to see when I try it out.

I like this, thanks I will try this out. I wont be changing my weapon though, i have a 1200 dps bow and I am not getting rid of it any time soon XD.

Deleted
    i focus on movement (vault w/ speed buff and reduced cost) and snares. i deal damage with frost arrow and very rarely with bola shot, but also with caltrops w/spikes. on single bosses like butcher and diablo, i'd use a stun build (bola shot and impale w/stun build)
    a bat is always out. i've found that caltrops w/spikes are very powerful, the damage is high enough to kill off what manages to enter my melee range with half HP. this allows me to concentrate on -usually- more dangerous caster mobs in the background. also, they buy me a lot of time when kiting stuff around.

i was wondering, what are the best defensive stats? vitality is cool sure, but there're maybe better choices once vitality is high enough to avoid insta gibs?

for Inferno
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VYj!TYe!YcZcZY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXDyUvW_Ji4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1WcPJxxXzg

if u kill blue/yellow packs without kiting then swap Caltrops with Companion (Bat Rune) or with Rain of Vengeance

(i prefer caltrops in my farm runs as i have to kite some time ;x)
    p.s swapping skills make u loose your Nephalem buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sillabear View Post
    I like this, thanks I will try this out. I wont be changing my weapon though, i have a 1200 dps bow and I am not getting rid of it any time soon XD.
    If you don´t use a cold weapon the tentacles don´t snare and Cull the Weak is useless. So might want to change that to something else.