Just killed SK on inferno.

Okay, i just killed the skeleton king on inferno, and i must say, it isn't really harder, he just does shitloads more damage, no new tacts, nada. I expected new mechanics, but nope :/

Thoughts? what do you think about that there are no new mechanics just damage and health?

From one side it is a little dissapointing, but from the other side, imagine different tactics for different bosses on different levels. It won't change anything, just make it less repetetive, afterall, in the end, when we reach lvl 60 and inferno, we farm champions and elite packs, not bosses. But I think that end-act-bosses should have at least 1 new ability per each higher difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    that there are no new mechanics just damage and health?
    That's exactly how it works. This information has been available for days.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Yeah, I thought Skeleton King, and the Butcherer in Inferno Mode looked just as easy (mechanic wise) in Inferno mode as they did in normal mode. Stating this seemed to send a lot of people into an uproar though. At least those champion packs are challenging!

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Thoughts? what do you think about that there are no new mechanics just damage and health?
    It's not WoW. The harder difficulties are just that, more health more damage. These aren't 'hard modes' per se where the fight changes. If you want a challenge, try doing some of the unique achievements to each boss.

They should just add a few affixes to the boss to make it more random and maybe eliminate the issue with farming bosses. If the bosses have random affixes, then it's not so easy to farm them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    They should just add a few affixes to the boss to make it more random and maybe eliminate the issue with farming bosses. If the bosses have random affixes, then it's not so easy to farm them.
    haha butcher with arcane+plague+molten cheer
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    haha butcher with arcane+plague+molten cheer
    Or Belial with arcane.

WHERE DO YOU GO

aye I did it earlier and can't say I wasn't a little disappointed (I have read barely anything about it, spoilers and what not). It actually felt easier because I'd done it 3 times already. Hoping they actually get harder.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    If you're farming bosses, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    It's not WoW. The harder difficulties are just that, more health more damage. These aren't 'hard modes' per se where the fight changes. If you want a challenge, try doing some of the unique achievements to each boss.

i know this isn't wow.... i've played D2 since 2nd grade and i didn't stop before diablo 3. But really, why shouldn't there be new mechanics? after nightmare i could completely avoid ALL attacks on the bosses, it is not hard at all.

the only hard thing after nightmare are the random elites, which are very op tbh.

Deleted
    They don't have new abilities, but i think they have enrage timers on inferno.

I never hit it on SK, but i hit it once on Butcher(It's 3mins) When the fight has hit 3 minutes, the entire room goes on fire and you die. Anyways, i'm not really too bothered about the bosses not having new abilities, I'm farming champion/rare packs for 5 stacks of valor buff to get megaloots from the bosses.

Bosses are story lines, Mobs are loot pinatas. Game is about farming and not having fun silly goose.