Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    they may try actively not to make it OP on any role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    nothing should be OP, it should all be balanced =p
    Yes. Blizz actively tries to not make ALL classes op...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    If you want overpowered, play a hunter, mine in 364 gear pulls 18k dps single-target...it makes me really sad because it is so boring.
    In DS I believe they buffed all melee and all hunters because many of us got the orange staff. We were 'ok' against melee and hunters that got 403 or better weapons but I feel the mages, locks, moonkins, eles and shadows that didn't got orange are nerfed.

This of course changes in MoP, obviously.

I remember on my moonkin working so hard to align my eclipse up and pre-casting mushrooms DoT spreading even casting a tranquility if needed. Only to be lowest DPS after all my hard work and not bashing mages but to an arcane mage. Do I feel like currently in the game arcane mages should be above moonkins? Hell no...They do nothing but just spam arcane blast there's no mental input into it.

Okay, you want to make us lowest DPS fine do it but don't slap us across the face by making us the hardest class to play in current content MENTALLY not physically as in rotation. Really disgusts me how they treat moonkin.

Resto has been OP since I can remember but is it OP now? No its balanced where it should be.

I'm a strong believer that your DPS should be by the complexity of a class. Make the classes hard and the people that take the time to master them excel. If people can't master them they play a class thats simpler. For the love of god, don't make a class that can literally DPS with 1 hand #1 on DPS....Ticks me off

Deleted
    IMO resto is definately OP at the moment, im doing up to 40k hps some fights 20-25k easy hps on others without even trying that hard, no other healing class can get close to me for total healing done end of raid, and always top during encounters, my gf sez the same for her drood, and she is way better then me so god knows what numbers she gets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    I remember on my moonkin working so hard to align my eclipse up and pre-casting mushrooms DoT spreading even casting a tranquility if needed. Only to be lowest DPS after all my hard work and not bashing mages but to an arcane mage. Do I feel like currently in the game arcane mages should be above moonkins? Hell no...They do nothing but just spam arcane blast there's no mental input into it.
    Actually, and I'm really honest about this, if you ask me which mage spec is the hardest - especially in Tier 13 gear - I would say Arcane. This is because it is very sensitive to mistakes about timing with its mana burning. In Tier 13 gear it's considerably harder to play because the 4-piece bonus gives it a necessity to burn again and again (without much dps extra). In addition, it is extremely sensitive to unpredictable movement (e.g. void zones that spawn randomly) and sometimes even predictable movement (though in cases such as Majordomo it was fine due to blink).

The easiest by far is frost mage (in PvE, in PvP it's very complex due to the heavy CCing and kiting it has to do). It is basically a spec of "wait for a proc, use it", "wait for another proc use it", that's all. It doesn't even care if it moves much. Even its burn cooldowns aren't that heavy in importance so even if interrupted it won't care that much. Of course that means having very low burst (for non-player targets of high HP), it's not us useful (and its nerfed explicitly anyway in PvE).

Fire mage is more complex than frost and more controllable than arcane but it's much more unpredictable due to the Ignite spell. I've talked about that above and there're other details, though a lot changed in MoP.

Most mages and outsiders do not see mages outside 5mans and baradin hold so they have created this myth that 'arcane is easy' and 'fire is ok'.

I honestly say fire is very easy and frost is basically a faceroll, but arcane is much more intense (to get competitive of course, not just 'be there'). I've now seen the mage in heroic modes across the whole expansion and I've used all 3 specs optimally and only in Patchwerks, 5mans and very rare other cases (Majordomo, lucky crystal spawns in Baleroc) is arcane genuinely 'easy'.

Deleted
    As far as OP goes, feral cats in PvP is op. They go cat and put 8k ticking bleeds on you with 4k resi, if they're about to die they go bearform and are impossible to be taken down. Your druids are OP, apparently not in the specs you people usually play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flammington View Post
    As far as OP goes, feral cats in PvP is op. They go cat and put 8k ticking bleeds on you with 4k resi, if they're about to die they go bearform and are impossible to be taken down. Your druids are OP, apparently not in the specs you people usually play.
    They don't die but they also don't get that much damage out either. Druids are so obvious and slow in some things they are almost 'cute'. e.g. a non-resto druid trying to heal. Yes, it helps but they won't do much and it's too obvious they are trying it, with lots of GCD lag on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by bertieballs View Post
    IMO resto is definately OP at the moment, im doing up to 40k hps some fights 20-25k easy hps on others without even trying that hard, no other healing class can get close to me for total healing done end of raid, and always top during encounters, my gf sez the same for her drood, and she is way better then me so god knows what numbers she gets.
    Resto is in a really bad state at the moment. If you're doing that much HPS it means your other healers blow and you're carrying them. The main focus of resto in the past was raw HPS output because they lacked the raid cd's and utility that every other healing class had (minus tranquility of course). During T12 (i think) resto took a substantial nerf to their healing output which allowed other healers to catch up to them (mainly Hpaladins and holy priests). So now you have a healing class that does the same (if not less) HPS than other classes that also bring more raid utility / cd's.

Feel free to check out any above average guild on WorldofLogs.com and see where their resto druids are compared to their other healers. Any well played holy paladin or priest will out heal a resto druid anyday.