Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't want to see anime hair or pink mohawks, thanks

I think its fine the way it is. The dyes were really all I need/wanted in this game for customization.
    Hi Sephurik

Diablo is not a RPG game. They added two grenders to each class, its more than we had in D2.

I have always had no interest in the Diablo Series chiefly because there is no character customization and therefore I never feel attached enough to my character to be bothered to do so much grinding. I dislike mirror matches in fighting games so teaming up my with group of clones also breaks immersion for me and just feels completely stupid.

I never played the first one at all, but I was so disappointed and disinterested in the second one that it was torture to have my friends who got me it at a present pushing me to play. I didn't have any interest it being another clone in the clone world of things I didn't care about. At least you can pick sex in Diablo 3, but I lost interest immediately again for the same reason. I don't have any reason to be attached to my character so doing a bunch of repetative tasks with this character I don't value has no pay off for me. I would have never purchased D3 if it wasn't given to me for free.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    So there has been quite a few complaints about not being able to customize how your character looks.

I just have to ask, why does it matter when the only thing you see clearly is the hairstyle? You can't even zoom in.
    Its kinda like saying "why Cant I customize my tanks and troops on Command & Conquer?" because it doesn't matter if you can barley see the stuff enways.. a goose could shit a golden turd out and people would find something to complain about. Haters gonna hate.. shouldn't have bought the game, people say they love wow and diablo 3 but all they do is bitch

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akutare View Post
    I have always had no interest in the Diablo Series chiefly because there is no character customization and therefore I never feel attached enough to my character to be bothered to do so much grinding.
    Diablo is deff not the game for you then and thats fine.

I guess to some people, the color of your hair matters enough to play/buy a game. I mean why buy it because its fun? That would be stupid...
    Last edited by IllidariCouncil; 2012-05-21 at 12:52 PM.

Customization would have been nice but each character is a pre picked individual with its own lore and background, not a "make your own from the ground up" kind of thing. I'm thankful to be able to actually choose gender and have dyes in a game like this honestly, and won't fret much over customization on a model that's an inch tall.

Now if we could opt out of being shoehorned into the awful storyline, I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat!

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    I guess to some people, the color of your hair matters enough to play/buy a game. I mean why buy it because its fun? That would be stupid...
    That's not entirely fair to be honest, and I say this as the kind of person who spends 2 hours on a customization screen of brand new mmos before hopping in because my character has to look just right. Sometimes, that IS a big chunk of the fun. I still absolutely love Diablo 3 but can understand why that would harm some poeple's view of the franchise. Think of it like being forced to play DnD with pregen characters only.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care at all, but I have a friend that refuses to play certain classes because of how the characters look. It really bugs him that monks have beards, witch doctors have guts and barbarians look dumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumu View Post
    Think of it like being forced to play DnD with pregen characters only.
    No one is "forcing" people to play the game, & people "should" research about the game to learn that there isnt a customization option before spending $64. Not every game "needs" a character customization option regardless if it could use it. Sometimes it just needs left alone, if people hate that and wont play the game because of that.. they need to stick with the "traditional" MMO
    Last edited by IllidariCouncil; 2012-05-21 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    No one is "forcing" people to play the game, & people "should" research about the game to learn that there isnt a customization option before spending $64. Not every game "needs" a character customization option regardless if it could use it.
    I know. I've been playing since D1 and in my first post, I stated being thankful even for genders and dyes because customization has never been, and probably never will be, what D3 is about. Also the person above stated they knew that it wasn't for them, and that was one of the reasons. I simply stated that was a fine reason to not choose a game over because to some, yes, it matters that much.

It would've been a whole different matter if people were saying "I BOUGHT THIS RPG AND CAN'T ADJUST THE BRIDGE OF MY CHARACTER'S NOSE BLI$$" which they weren't. It would just be a nice extra, just like dyes were.

Think of it like being forced to play DnD with pregen characters only.
    And that's not entirely fair either, the only part of you PnP character that would be pregened is the backstory and the inworld look. There would be nothing stopping you playing the eact same way you would in any other DnD campaign except the character creation session would only take hours instead of weeks.

I know. I've been playing since D1 and in my first post, I stated being thankful even for genders and dyes because customization has never been, and probably never will be, what D3 is about. Also the person above stated they knew that it wasn't for them, and that was one of the reasons. I simply stated that was a fine reason to not choose a game over because to some, yes, it matters that much.

It would've been a whole different matter if people were saying "I BOUGHT THIS RPG AND CAN'T ADJUST THE BRIDGE OF MY CHARACTER'S NOSE BLI$$" which they weren't. It would just be a nice extra, just like dyes were.
    I mean I get what your saying yeah, peoples gonna have differences. What Im saying is, everyone doesn't need to bitch about everything blizzard does. Enjoy the game, dont buy the game. I mean why do both and still find something to bitch about. Its always something, and it deals with something that wont change or its too late to change like MoP. It gets old after a while.

If you didnt buy the game, you have no say or shouldn't have a say in it. That would be like people bitching about lobster and how nasty it is.. without ever taking a bite. You didnt buy the game because you couldn't change your toons looks? Cool, but all the crying in the world wont change it.

The best way I can tell people that cry about blizzard / other company's games is, It's All Over But The Crying
    Last edited by IllidariCouncil; 2012-05-21 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    So there has been quite a few complaints about not being able to customize how your character looks.

I just have to ask, why does it matter when the only thing you see clearly is the hairstyle? You can't even zoom in.

Sure I'd like to change my barbarians haircolor, but what else? You want earrings with 3 polygons? And what would that actually accomplish when it's not even rendered after getting a helm.
    Would be more work remaking the portraits, lol

Although it's pretty much just a "and also..." when opening with complaints about error 37s that are mostly gone already
    Take a look at the keybind section... Z zooms in

Agreed; the overall crying on this forum over a game that no one seemed to expect is driving me crazy, especially about things that have been staples of the franchise for 16 years.

However I think in a "Know what would be cool?" kind of way to see in D4 or even a D3 expansion, things like this are a legit thing to bring up. It adds enjoyment without dumbing down or hacking away at the same core mechanics that everyone else enjoys.

When I put on hat or helm, does it matter what my character looked like? I know there are invisible dyes, but why spend an enormous amount of time giving head options when the first helm you don covers it all up, and every helm thereafter. If you don't like the helm, dye it; if you don't like your face, don't. Pretty simple.

This is spoken from a person who is crazy about character customization and a fanatic about making my characters feel like "My Own." Including getting their look just right.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Agreed; the overall crying on this forum over a game that no one seemed to expect is driving me crazy, especially about things that have been staples of the franchise for 16 years.
    Agreed

to see in D4 or even a D3 expansion, things like this are a legit thing to bring up
    the only thing I want to see in a expan is mephisto back

Deleted
    I'm living and loving without it, but I'd still rather have it than not.