Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Blizzard are wrong then, as an example.

You have a REALLY good character model all HD, physics and everything. It's now running down a corridor with a 16 bit stone texture. This is bad, and it actually damages your eyesight because, guess what! Your Eye sees the WHOLE picture, and as such, needs a small contrast between the background, foreground and middle.

The fact that they label the foreground as something to discuss is just as amusing, as it doesn't effect the look of anything by the eye unless it's to simulate depth.
    Sounds to me that you just disagree with their design. Which is fine but it doesn't make it wrong. It would be wrong if it fails to accomplish their goal of providing an unobtrusive view at every layer. If every layer would be equally saturated and contrasted it would cause a lot more hurt eyes - not that graphics can in reality ever really damage your eyes. Starcraft 2 did not ship with an Ultra mode either so it is very much possible that we see their textures coming at higher resolution and thus more crisp. By the way a good texture can be 16 bit without problems, it's all a matter in which colour space it is finally clamped into.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Personally I love the atmosphere.