Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826501004 This is a mouse I use when I start getting wrist pain.
    I like waffles!

I have the opposite, its not my mouse hand, but rather my left, and more so with d3. For my mouse I use the razer death adder, it seems larger and more comfortable. I tried the naga but it was too small. you can get one of those wrist braces at Walmart for like $5-10. i know that helps some people.

I bound "Move" to E (just like in Wow, ESDF).
    I haven't had to click to move once, apart from entering houses/dungeons, my wrist isn't hurting at all. From combat? Hardly.

You still have to steer with your pointer, just not click it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What helps me is rotating my wrists and fist pumping.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

First day my wrist was killing me after 6+ hours of straight play. I rolled up an old dish rag and made a little rest for my wrist, alleviated much of the pain. still slightly sore.

Deleted
    I use this - £5.99 delivered on Amazon. Highly recommend it... also make sure your keyboard has a wrist rest.

you get used to the pain after some time and even after some time you won't even notice it.I'am usually sitting in front of pc each day around 15-18 hours since i work as pc tech and when i come home ofc i play games.At start the pain was hard to deal with it but after some time i don't even notice it now lols.

Become ambidextrous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    My wrist hurts like hell from long hours of play from WoW and especially D3. I just stop playing and stretch my arm etc etc and get back to it. Remember no pain no gain!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Become ambidextrous.
    doesn't really help, I'm left-handed myself and I still use my right hand for my mouse, as do most of us.

My wrist hurts as well, sometimes, so checking if they have something at my job to help (wrist support mouse mat or something)
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just do some nice hand/wrist stretches before playing and during breaks. It helped a lot for me! You should also invest in a mouse pad with a memory foam rest, they are totally worth it especially if you're a gamer and they cost no more than 10-20 bucks.

Deleted
    You've got R.S.I. (Repetitive Strain Injury), and it is pretty obvious what the cause is. Your wrist is constantly doing a straining task that it really isn't built to do. Here are a few things you can do to reduce the risk of R.S.I.

1. Chair - The height and angle you're resting your arm & wrist on your desk is dependant on your chair. You don't want to be reaching for the mouse to much, and you want the back of your arm (near your elbows) to rest of the desk, while your wrist is slightly lifted off the desk. Set your chair at the right height to do this.

2. Mouse - The mouse and the way you hold it matters a lot. A mouse that fits your hand better and is not to big or small is going to help a lot.

3. Breaks - Taking a five minute break every hour will not ruin your gaming experience. I've got my computer set up to announce the time every hour, so at every hour I just get up, and walk around for a few minutes and stretch my muscles.

4. Comfort - Don't have anything around your wrist. Sleeves, Watches and other things only apply (mild) pressure to your wrist when you're working / playing.

As someone who works from home, I can tell you to keep those four points in mind. It really, really helps. I'm at the computer for almost 18 hours a day working, and I rarely get R.S.I.

Do wrist exercises, its what I started doing ever since my wrists started to hurt a bit during some games haven't had a problem since.

lol, been playing d3 for like 3 days, no breaks nothing..
    it's all about the support on your arm and how you are positioned while gaming. If you are not positioned correct and do not give your arm enough support it will kill you lol.
    Also get a hi sensitive mouse so you dont need to make as much movement.

Never had problems with gaming, not with diablo not with any other super clicking game.

glad to see im not the only one..

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    lower desk/raise chair so you don't have the wrist pressing on the desk border

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Become ambidextrous.
    I am.

I use mouse with my left hand at work, but my home setup is built so that there's no platform on my left side where to put the mouse. Otherwise I'd just keep switching hands.

I don't know where all these people are getting their carpal tunnel information from. Basically just keep your forearm level/straight with your wrist/hand and you should be fine. Having your wrist inclined/declined at weird angles its not meant for puts tons of unneeded pressure on it.
    Last edited by Hedleyazg; 2012-05-22 at 10:28 AM.

Deleted
    How about... play less?....................................................

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds pretty nerdy for a gamer but wrap em up. I'm a mechanic/musician/gamer/weight lifter so if I'm awake I'm using my hands and I find wrapping my wrists relieves the pain quite nicely especially when playing drums.
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...eBase:11756520

I got those for bench presses because my wrists felt weak when the weight got higher, but one day was playing drums and my right wrist was killing me so decided to try them on, pulled them really tight and worked like a charm.
    WoW Hunter WarriorPaladin Death Knight
    D3 Crusader
    Gw2 Lvl 80 Dragon Hunter, Lvl 80 Warrior, Lvl 80 Revenant
    Bnet GrapeSoda#1671
    Gw2 GrapeSoda.5980
    Hit me up, let's play.