Why do people want a Skyrim/Witcher in diablo universe?

IMO Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are awsome exactly because they are old school. I dont want Skyrim and World in Conflict in blizzard universe (despite loving those two games) i want the same expirience which reminds me of then fun ive had with D1 and SC as a kid with updated graphic/interface and on a big screen etc.

This is exactly why i am looking forward to the remake or sort of remaster to be precise of Baldurs gate series in the summer. I want those old games to remain true to the roots. While modern RPGs like the Witcher and Skyrim are awsome indeed i still want to play old ones like Diablo and Baldurs Gate and while new generations of gamers maybe dont like those old games im sure there are enough players like me that would buy such games.

I don't I actually like Diablo 3 much more than Skyrim especially in the combat system.

They might be called RPG but are quite different beasts. You dont buy Diablo 3 expecting another Skyrim, period. I knew exactly what s in it for me in D3 and am quite pleased with it right now.

How is Diablo 3 (third game in the series) is more oldschool to you when Skyrim is fifth game in the Elder Scrolls series, while the first one (TES: Arena) was released in 1994, and second one (TES: Daggerfall) - in 1996, same year as first Diablo game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Develop...Scrolls_series

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    How is Diablo 3 (third game in the series) is more oldschool to you when Skyrim is fifth game in the Elder Scrolls series, while the first one (TES: Arena) was released in 1994, and second one (TES: Daggerfall) - in 1996, same year as first Diablo game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Develop...Scrolls_series
    Skyrim is not old school because there's simply nothing old, or even anything that feels old, about it. That's like saying Wolfenstein is old school because Castle Wolfenstein is three decades old.

Then again Diablo 3 is a clear throwback to the nineties when you could still pass a 2D hack n' slash game as an AAA title. And I don't mean to berate D3, I'm loving it, but let's face it - if this wasn't Diablo, people would be wondering who the hell still makes a game like this in 21st century and expects full price out of it. Even if it actually was more fun than most modern AAA titles with their fancy havok and unreal engines.