Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Monk Skill Animations Preview, New Battle Pet Skills, Blue Posts, TCG Art

Diablo 3 - Account Security and Public Games, Hardcore Hell, Diablo 3 API, Blue Posts

Monk Skill Animations Preview
    Today we are taking a look at the Monk skill animations. Keep in mind that things are constantly changing, so this may not include every skill or represent the final version of the animations.

New Battle Pet Skills
    The latest beta patch also brought us many new Pet Battle skills, even a few that will likely pet pet specific like Wrath of Tarecgosa. Many of the skills are still incomplete and lack damage numbers.

Name Type Power Cooldown Duration Accuracy
    Aged YolkHumanoid03 rounds0%
    Ancient BlessingCritter0100%
    Arcane StormMagic010 rounds100%
    BackflipHumanoid1090%
    BlinkstrikeAquatic1590%
    Bombing Run [NYI Visual]Magic0100%
    Bone BiteUndead2090%
    Bone PrisonUndead00%
    BONESTORMUndead50100%
    Broom StrikeMagic00%
    Buried TreasureCritter00%
    CataclysmDragon4050%
    Competitive SpiritMagic101 round90%
    Confusing Sting [NYI]Flying105 rounds90%
    Consume CorpseUndead505 rounds100%
    Corpse ExplosionUndead1590%
    Creepy ChompUndead2090%
    Crystal PrisonBeast05 rounds2 rounds100%
    DevastateDragon301 round80%
    DiveAquatic3080%
    Dreadful BreathHumanoid00%
    Egg BarrageCritter203 rounds3 rounds100%
    Elementium BoltElemental0100%
    Emerald DreamBeast0100%
    Emerald PresenceMagic03 rounds100%
    Feign DeathBeast00%
    FlockFlying42 rounds90%
    Food ComaCritter05 rounds2 rounds100%
    Ghostly BiteUndead401 round90%
    Gift of Winter's VeilMagic404 rounds90%
    GM KillHumanoid99100%
    Gobble StrikeCritter00%
    Haunt [NYI]Undead05 rounds90%
    Holiday CheerHumanoid104 rounds90%
    Horn AttackBeast00%
    Ice SpikeElemental4050%
    Ice TombElemental0100%
    InstabilityDragon4050%
    IntensityCritter03 rounds100%
    LaunchMechanical301 round80%
    Minefield [NYI]Mechanical010 rounds100%
    MoonfireMagic1010 rounds10 rounds100%
    MudslideCritter00%
    Nature's TouchAquatic303 rounds100%
    Nature's WardElemental00%
    Nether BlastMagic155 rounds90%
    Nut Bomb [NYI]Magic0100%
    Perk UpCritter0100%
    Plagued BloodUndead1090%
    PlumageCritter00%
    Poisoned BranchElemental105 rounds90%
    PowerballCritter00%
    Proto-StrikeDragon301 round80%
    QuakeMechanical10100%
    Quick AttackCritter00%
    Rabid StrikeUndead1090%
    Rock BarrageCritter203 rounds3 rounds100%
    Rock, Paper, Scissors [NYI]Undead2090%
    RushBeast00%
    Shock and AweMechanical563 rounds1 round25%
    SkitterCritter2090%
    Sleeping GasDragon00%
    Slippery IceElemental00%
    SparkElemental850%
    Spreading InfectionUndead204 rounds90%
    Sticky GrenadeMechanical0100%
    Stone RushHumanoid3590%
    Super Sticky Tar [NYI Art]Beast02 rounds100%
    Surge of PowerMagic502 rounds100%
    Temporal LapseDragon020 rounds5 rounds100%
    Time BombMagic0100%
    Time StopDragon05 rounds2 rounds100%
    Toxic Smoke [NYI]Mechanical05 rounds100%
    Wild MagicMagic03 rounds100%
    Winter SpiritElemental2090%
    Wrath of TarecgosaDragon020 rounds5 rounds100%

Battle.net Account Security & Diablo III
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We'd like to take a moment to address the recent reports that suggested that Battle.net® and Diablo® III may have been compromised. Historically, the release of a new game -- such as a World of Warcraft® expansion -- will result in an increase in reports of individual account compromises, and that's exactly what we're seeing now with Diablo III. We know how frustrating it can be to become the victim of account theft, and as always, we're dedicated to doing everything we can to help our players keep their Battle.net accounts safe -- and we appreciate everyone who's doing their part to help protect their accounts as well. You can read about ways to help keep your account secure, along with some of the internal and external measures we have in place to help us achieve our security goals, at our account security website here: www.battle.net/security.

We also wanted to reassure you that the Battle.net Authenticator and Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (a free app for iPhone and Android devices) continue to be some of the most effective measures we offer to help players protect themselves against account compromises, and we encourage everyone to take advantage of them. In addition, we also recently introduced a new service called Battle.net SMS Protect, which allows you to use your text-enabled cell phone to unlock a locked Battle.net account, recover your account name, approve a password reset, or remove a lost Authenticator. Optionally, you can set up the Battle.net SMS Protect system to send you a text message whenever unusual activity is detected on your account, keeping you aware of important (and possibly unwanted) changes.

For more information on the Authenticator, visit http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...henticator-faq

For more on the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator, visit http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...henticator-faq

For more on Battle.net SMS Protect, visit http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...et-sms-protect

We also have other measures built into Battle.net to help protect players. Occasionally, when Battle.net detects unusual login activity that differs from your normal behavior -- such as logging in from an unfamiliar location -- we may prompt you for additional information (such as the answer to one of your security questions) and/or require you to perform a password reset through the Battle.net website. World of Warcraft players might be familiar with this security method already, and Diablo III players may begin to encounter it as well.

As always, if you think you've been the victim of an account compromise, head to the "Help! I've Been Hacked!" tool at http://us.battle.net/en/security/help for assistance.

We've been taking the situation extremely seriously from the start, and have done everything possible to verify how and in what circumstances these compromises are occurring. Despite the claims and theories being made, we have yet to find any situations in which a person's account was not compromised through traditional means of someone else logging into their account through the use of their password. While the authenticator isn't a 100% guarantee of account security, we have yet to investigate a compromise report in which an authenticator was attached beforehand.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Monk (Forums)
    Mistweaver Feedback
    We've dealt with some issues, and we have the AP/SP conversion working internally now. That said, the tooltips will still not work for another build or two (that’s a separate issue).

We’ve changed Eminence from working on auto-attacks, since this would encourage monk healers to auto-attack just for those heal procs. Regarding our “vision” for the spec (in terms of PvE), it is currently (and this could change, of course):

• Melee healing MistweaverYou position your statue near the ranged to heal them, and you are in melee. Your rotation is similar to a Windwalker’s, except you spread Renewing Mists out and Uplift during AOE phases. For AOE, you use Spinning Crane Kick and one of the last tier talents. You almost never cast Soothing Mist, Enveloping Mist or hard cast a Surging Mist unless you absolutely have to. If something doesn’t deal damage, you don’t want to cast it.
    • Ranged healing MistweaverYou aren’t in melee, you’re at range. You may position your statue near the melee since they're farthest away. You mostly cast Soothing Mist since your statue also casts it with you, and burn through your Chi with Enveloping Mist. While moving you put down Healing Spheres near people you think may become injured (or on top of those who are). If you want to add in some damage, cast Cracking Jade Lightning. Cast Renewing Mist whenever it's up. Roll/Chi Torpedo into injured members and use Spinning Crane Kick to heal them up. Use the Chi you generate through Spinning Crane Kick on Uplift.

Also, depending on the fight, you can switch between both of those modes (using Transcendence to teleport back and forth into melee). There will inevitably be encounters where one is better than the other, and we feel that’s okay. That is going to the life of a Mistweaver Monk. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Windwalker PvP Mobility still feels limited
    The PvP set bonuses for monks will clear snares and roots when you Roll, use Chi Torpedo, or Flying Serpent Kick. We’ve also changed Roll, Chi Torpedo and Flying Serpent Kick to suppress snares while the monk is moving.

Can you provide any specific scenarios in which your mobility feels underwhelming (Versus a Frost Mage? Versus a Rogue? In a team scenario?)

Monks are intended to have good mobility, but be a bit less good at locking targets down.

Zen Sphere will be toned down soon.

We’re still looking for just the right mechanic for Blackout Kick. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Diablo 3 API Preview
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the release of Diablo 3, we are working hard to make career and hero profiles available to the community. With career and hero profiles, we are excited to also release a set of API resources specific to Diablo 3 for community fansites and developers to consume. I’d like to take this opportunity to give a preview of the progress we’ve made to the community and open up discussions around what data will be available.

Please keep in mind that this is an early preview and there will likely be many changes to the D3 API by the time it is released. Also note that we haven’t finalized several key pieces of information including artisan recipes, hero and follower spells and powers and achievements...(Continued)

Trading Card Game Art Gallery Update
    The Trading Card Game art gallery has been updated to feature ten new pieces.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-05-22 at 04:01 PM.

Im getting excited with all this Pet Battle stuff coming out.

Hacked playing through public games? Damn, I'll stick to my irl friends.

Heard there was some way to spoof session IDs of people you've been in games with, which would explain why authenticators don't stop it. Shrug, I'm safe enough if that's true, never saw the point of playing a game like D3 with strangers.

The 4th piece of art kinda looks like Richard from LFG. I like

GM kill... hmm, must be crabby

WoW.. Loving some of those monk animations.. too cool.. too cool!

Morbidly entertaining stuff that they're now advising that we avoid Public Games on a game which they have been selling as being "Multiplayer with the option for single player".

The Monk class however is looking like one of the most beautiful they've made however in other news, very aesthetically pleasing. Human females do look a few chromosomes short of a monkey as ever however.

I'm liking monks more and more everyday. I wish you can have a weapon equipped and gain its stats but you can fight bare handed.

The video really doesn't do the Monk justice I'm afraid, the video and graphics quality appear to be on low and the Pandaren Male are the only ones who really have all of the animations working properly. Additionally I think not only did they miss half a dozen of the abilities, but they didn't really show half of them properly either.

But for anyone who thinks those look good, I can assure you they actually look a LOT better than it shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spinning Crane Kick = Ken/Ryu's Hurricane Kick in Street Fighter

15+ Year Old Account
    This is going to be a very long beta I bet... People can't even get lvl 90 yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    The video really doesn't do the Monk justice I'm afraid, the video and graphics quality appear to be on low and the Pandaren Male are the only ones who really have all of the animations working properly. Additionally I think not only did they miss half a dozen of the abilities, but they didn't really show half of them properly either.

But for anyone who thinks those look good, I can assure you they actually look a LOT better than it shows.
    I do question how you think it doesn't do it justice, I feel that after spending quite a few hours on it in total that it ended up being something that I could be proud of. Then again you are entitled to your own opinion even if nearly every spell took 3/4 recordings per spell due to either the Tree (Holy crap that old Tree is annoying) or another player getting in the way.

The reasoning for the 'look' of low graphics I think could only be as a result of me slightly zooming in on the character in editing as I couldn't get the angles I wanted to in-game without having to use a cracked wow.exe to run some camera mods (I'm not breaking ToC to create a video for use on a community website). The note about missing abilities if you could name them I can create another video easily enough as I'm sure the only one I didn't name was Chi Burst which I did show after using Thunder Focus Tea.

new "Lil' lord marrowgar" pet incoming?

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi View Post
    I'm liking monks more and more everyday. I wish you can have a weapon equipped and gain its stats but you can fight bare handed.
    you do. The weapon only comes out for finishing moves to kill the enemy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi View Post

They actually can wear 2h weapons but attack using their fists.

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    I do question how you think it doesn't do it justice, I feel that after spending quite a few hours on it in total that it ended up being something that I could be proud of. Then again you are entitled to your own opinion even if nearly every spell took 3/4 recordings per spell due to either the Tree (Holy crap that old Tree is annoying) or another player getting in the way.

The reasoning for the 'look' of low graphics I think could only be as a result of me slightly zooming in on the character in editing as I couldn't get the angles I wanted to in-game without having to use a cracked wow.exe to run some camera mods (I'm not breaking ToC to create a video for use on a community website). The note about missing abilities if you could name them I can create another video easily enough as I'm sure the only one I didn't name was Chi Burst which I did show after using Thunder Focus Tea.
    And why a female human? her animations suck, you'd better record a female belf monk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duniah View Post
    And why a female human? her animations suck, you'd better record a female belf monk.
    We should be focusing on the spell animations here, which don't differ race to race bar Roll and Rising Sun Kick. Tiger Palm is broken on Humans as you can see from the video but on other Races many other spells are broken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    This is going to be a very long beta I bet... People can't even get lvl 90 yet.
    beta's are always verry long its not like its the test realm for a patch
    last beta took almost half a year

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Hmmmmm so that's what Boub sounds like 0.o.