Thread: When/What to AH

When/What to AH

I have just cleared out normal the first time. The entire time i was playing i kept every single 'rare' item i got to put on the AH. So far i havnt really sold much. When i do its for a rather small amount compared to what i see listed normally. Usually i will put most of these up(lets say the level 20-30 stuff i have up now) i put up for maybe 2k bid 7-9k buyout. I look on the AH and almost everything is listed at 100K+.Now i know the 'economy' is gonna be a bit whacky for a while, until things settle, and most people are 60(or have multiple 60s). But how do people get to these amounts of gold. The most i have had at once so far was around 40k, which of course got spent on leveling up crafting/jewels, and of course trying to craft some decent rare items as well.

So i know what good stat sets are for each class, so i know what should sell quickly, but i can never sell anything, even with my seemingly low prices for anything in the same level range. So how does one actually make any gold in this game aside from picking up the loot on the ground. Should i just be breaking these all down for crafting mats(the lower level rares), or am i just missing something here.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

Deleted
    No idea how you got so little gold, i've never used ah, im lvl 41 and spent about 150-200k gold on bs/jc and have another 30-40k on me :s
    Just go out and kill shit, sell it, lvl and sell near lvl cap stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    I put all Rares on AH no matter how crap they are, someone might like them for leveling
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

1. Forget about upgrading/crafting Gems and Blacksmithing.
    2. Sell every blue you get. That right there is a decent amount of gold.
    3. No seriously, don't upgrade Jewelling/Blacksmith. Save your money.
    4. Exception to #2 - Some blues are better than rares/legendaries. As a general rule, they will be pure Primary Stat(Str/Dex/Int), or Primary + Vitality. They are awesome. Check the AH for what similar ones sell like, but usually you can get between 5-30k for them, depending on how good they are.
    5. In addition to #4, double check every Blue Weapon you find. If it has a bunch of every stat, vendor that shit. If it has a high DPS/Weapon Damage plus Sockets, +WD bonuses and/or a shitload of a Primary Stat, then sell it. Again, pricing varies depending on how good stats are, but as a general rule, High damage weapons are the best sellers.
    6. No seriously, don't level your Jeweling/Blacksmith. It's a waste. Buying gems of the AH is usually cheaper than combining them. Buying decent blues is far cheaper than crafting, and you know exactly what you get.

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 06:41 AM ----------

7. You are limited to 10 auctions at any one time. Depending on how often you play and how much you post items for, you may find you get a backlog of items to sell. If this is the case, you're better of under-pricing the items to ensure that a) they sell quickly, and b) you can sell more of your items. You might sell that one item for 30k, but you almost certainly will sell the 30 items sitting in your stash for 3-5k each. You do the math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by mirthen View Post
    So how does one actually make any gold in this game aside from picking up the loot on the ground. Should i just be breaking these all down for crafting mats(the lower level rares), or am i just missing something here.
    1) Selling any lvl<30 items is probably hard because normal is just so easy to finish without buying any extra gear. I know that lvl30+ items are selling around 5000-15000g, because yesterday people kept buying stuff before I managed to click the buyout button myself - happened two or three times. The stats just beed to be right. Primary stat and vitality, and none of that +str & +int & +dex crap.

2) I think I made around 40 000 gold just clearing up act1 until skeleton king on nightmare, without any +gold items. The amounts of gold that drop seem to increase quite drastically with the difficulty level.

3) The 100 000g prices in AH are mostly pointless, especially for leveling items. When I'm looking for stuff I put the buyout cap to 20 000g and find almost perfect items.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    I put all Rares on AH no matter how crap they are, someone might like them for leveling
    maximum of 10 AH sucks :/

@OP just take a look good at the item before putting it onto the AH weapon with huge amount of weapon damge will indeed sell for lots
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Honestly, unless you get a weapon/armor with some great stat rolls, it's not worth the time and trouble to try to AH it at the normal/nightmare level. What does sell well in the normal/nightmare levels are rings and amulets. A blue ring with a couple of good stats or a rare ring will sell for more than equivalent level weapons/armor.

Quote Originally Posted by mirthen View Post
    I have just cleared out normal the first time. The entire time i was playing i kept every single 'rare' item i got to put on the AH. So far i havnt really sold much. When i do its for a rather small amount compared to what i see listed normally. Usually i will put most of these up(lets say the level 20-30 stuff i have up now) i put up for maybe 2k bid 7-9k buyout. I look on the AH and almost everything is listed at 100K+.Now i know the 'economy' is gonna be a bit whacky for a while, until things settle, and most people are 60(or have multiple 60s). But how do people get to these amounts of gold. The most i have had at once so far was around 40k, which of course got spent on leveling up crafting/jewels, and of course trying to craft some decent rare items as well.

So i know what good stat sets are for each class, so i know what should sell quickly, but i can never sell anything, even with my seemingly low prices for anything in the same level range. So how does one actually make any gold in this game aside from picking up the loot on the ground. Should i just be breaking these all down for crafting mats(the lower level rares), or am i just missing something here.
    I think you're just putting your stuff up for too much. You can sort by buyout and filter out anything over a certain buyout cost. I find tons of good, if not great items for 500-1500 gold buyouts. It's not max level stuff, I'm only level 27 so far, but I only pay more than 2000 if something is really amazing. I've also put up fairly mediocre rares and they all tend to sell because I put my buyouts up for 750-1500. I could probably sell stuff for more, but even 750 is better than getting vendored and with a sell cap of 10 items up at once, I want things selling quick so more items can go up for sale.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    1. Forget about upgrading/crafting Gems and Blacksmithing.
    3. No seriously, don't upgrade Jewelling/Blacksmith. Save your money.

I like my little towns looking cool and having a crappy looking level 1 BS and Jeweler is just not acceptable.

Only AH Rare+ items you'd wear (those with ideal stats). Vendor the rest until you're 60 farming Hell/Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    maximum of 10 AH sucks :/
    dear god does this suck. I've got 10 rares on AH and another 12 or so expired and the whole first tab of my stash filled with rares. I think I'll just have to post them for like 2k and just clear them all out. Not in a position yet where I've got enough gold to blow on a second tab of my stash.

I have sold many rares in the 3-6k range, just sucks when the crop you put up for the day aren't selling and there's nothing you can do.

Deleted
    how do i know if a weapon has high dps on it, other than logging out and looking it up? is there a quick way?

Sorry if this is off-topic, but There is no cancel button in AH right?
    You cannot cancel your items from AH?

I put everything for 2k on AH and they sell fast, more than 2k they dont usually sell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lihnida View Post
    Sorry if this is off-topic, but There is no cancel button in AH right?
    You cannot cancel your items from AH?
    You have 5 minutes from the time you list something to cancel it. After that point, you cannot cancel your auction.

OT: I put everything that does not have any real set of primary stats (like str + vit, dex + vit, int + vit) for 500 - 900g. Everything, including weapons + rares that have primary stats or I used to level and were worth it I put from 3000 - 10000g, depending on stats. Easy to make tons of gold that way. Just means a lot of re-exploring as I leave game to go to the AH.