Thread: Hardcore Mode

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i wonder how high lvl you can get in hardcore, like will there be lvl 60 hardcore chars lol

Quote Originally Posted by dreamlore View Post
    And better luck that lottery winners do, when it comes to server disconnects and lag spikes that are more likely to kill you than any mob/boss in the game.
    This. Never been much a fan of HC mode, but in D2 i came to the point where i knew everything and was reacting automatically so i said "why not" and made a lvl 99 HC char taking my time and going extremely slow and cautious. I made it in single player games.

In D3, i'm on a server. even if i am the most skilled player, i cannot predict a lag or DC which will make me die for sure, especially at higher difficulties. So, no HC mode for me. The content is the same, so i prefer to lose some achievements than my mental sanity :P
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by questbeater View Post
    i wonder how high lvl you can get in hardcore, like will there be lvl 60 hardcore chars lol
    Someone beat Diablo on Hell with HC characters, so it's definitely possible to stay alive that long.

Now, Inferno is a whole other story. I don't think we're gonna see any Diablo kills on Inferno HC for a while.

The achievements are the biggest thing I think. My friend has literally twice as many achievement points as me because he did the game on hardcore with his first toon.

I only do HC with my tank friend (im a Wiz) I know I can do most of the game by myself, but its SO much safer with a tank along with me. Even have it set up where he does all the BS/JC stuff and I do the AH farming -well up till there are to few people at the levels which we get stuff-

Currently we are 30, about 3/4ths the way through act 3 normal. Its going pretty good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Also: No potion spamming.
    This made HC in D2 way easier - it was like having more and more lives, not only one (perfect rejuvenating potions say hello).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.