10+ Year Old Account

Boomkin Solo Slabhide and Altairus

So, I managed to solo Kael'thas in TK on my Boomkin yesterday, and after this I felt the urge to try to solo other bosses as well.
    The first bosses which came to mind were Slabhide in The Stonecore and Altairus in Vortex Pinnacle because they both drop some sweet mounts.
    I searched a bit around for videos and guides on youtube and google, but I did not find anything about boomkins soloing these bosses. I only found feral druids, hunters, DKs and such.
    Do you guys think it would be possible to solo these bosses as a Boomkin? And if so, are there any specific tactics?

Possibly on normal. Doubtfull on heroic. Main issue is that the bosses can still crit, and you lack all mitigation (dodge, parry) as boomkin, along with having fairly weak selfheals (that removes you from your moonkin form which is your only reduction). The reason hunters/DKs/ferals can do it is that hunters have pets, and both DK's/druids have significant selfhealing power + their avoidance and absorbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I would never try it on Heroic, they drop the mounts on normal anyway.
    The thing about KT I guess is that it is mostly non-physical damage, and I am also able to kite there as a boomkin.

The adds in stonecore are a pain in the ass to solo and you need to get past them to initiate the first boss

A surv hunter can do it by cc 2 of the mobs then going crazy on millhouse to make him run to the next set of adds when they are down you can then camo past the rest to slabhide

Slabhide is easly soloable and so is altruis the only problems you will find is getting past the mobs but if you go feral you can sneak past them all

a bear tank shouldnt have too much trouble not too sure about a boomkin though they do hit kinda hard so you will have to keep self healing alot

Can't check (maintenance and all), but I don't see why not. In VP, all trash is skippable, Ertan doesn't do any physical damage so he'd be a joke, and Altairus gives a huge haste buff so he shouldn't be hard to heal through.

Stonecore the early trash might be a pain, but between being able to root 1 and their low health shouldn't be impossible. Corborus and the rest of the trash is skippable, and Slabhide should give plenty of free DPS/Heal time during air phases.

Ofc, only way you'll know is by trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    being able to root 1
    Should be able to root 3 with nature's grasp

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I effectively solo'd reg ToT on my druid, running my friends level 80 through. I stayed out of form to readily apply heals to myself and melted things rather fast. The hardest hitting boss was the merciless one but he wasn't unmanageable. Since these dungeons are just 1 notch above and I did ToT months ago with t11 healing gear I'd say it's much easier, especially if you are DS geared

Deleted
    if you an keep the haste buff up in votrex then yea as your hots should cover the damg as i believe it even drops mount in normal?
    might have to play around with spec to take the "take less damg" and "hots for more" stuff if you not got already though, for slabhide probabbly as you can burn him down in his first air phase in normal as a ranged jsut gota survive until it.

Checked, and yes.
    VP was even easier than expected. Other than moving slower in cat form, it was just as fast as feral. LBx3 and Rejuv did enough healing on their own to kill Altairus with the haste buff.
    Stonecore was a bit harder, almost died because I went too aggressive on Slabhide. Still, just being careful during ground phases (i.e. healing and applying DoTs) and DPSing during air phases was enough to kill him. Nature's grasp was a good call on trash, rooting most of them gave plenty of time to heal up/kill 1 at a time. Worst case scenario, kill one or two in the pack, run out, and then finish the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright guys, thanks for the tips and input. I'll probably just go and try out and see how it goes. Wish me luck!

Deleted
    have to admit it's tempting to solo these 2 guys for their mounts especialy if they go account bound.

10+ Year Old Account
    i solo them on my spriest and got both mounts 397ilvl

I managed to do both, but on normal. 405ilvl.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.