10+ Year Old Account

53 lvl monk on hell - cant get past act 1

i just get obliterated by most of elites. they are much worse than single bosses. even regular mobs are much of a trouble.

atm i have about 215 dps one handed weapons, dual wielding them. that should be enough for hell act 1 i mean come on.

i basically lack dps and surivability. is it just the monk class that sucks and i should reroll smth else like wizard or faceroll barbarian or wat ???

Barbarian isn't faceroll, it's the worst solo class for inferno.

Drawing from this post, it seems your knowledge of the game is low. You should try improving your knowledge and most likely your ability as a player, then you should be able to beat it.

some of my monk friends have stated that it isnt easy..just remember it wouldnt be fun if it was easy..unless you are one of the lich king babies..

Deleted
    I had worse weapons and made it just today. I wasn't really dying much, a couple times on some of the more retarded affix combinations, but except that it was no problem. But Hell is the point where you need to actually start looking at your skills, play around with them. What are you using? I went with mostly tanky skills, actually only tanky/CC/healing skills + a spirit generator, and I honestly don't believe you can use any other spirit generator than crippling wave. You will also need to kite a fair bit, waiting for your CDs, healing yourself. That's only for the arcane/jailor/desecrator/frozen/fire chains combinations though. Less hardcore packs should be no problem at all.
    Oh, and at some point I started using a shield, but mostly because it gave more damage than my shit weapons actually.

And no, the monk class most certainly doesn't suck. What's your DPS, hp, armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i just get obliterated by most of elites. they are much worse than single bosses. even regular mobs are much of a trouble.

atm i have about 215 dps one handed weapons, dual wielding them. that should be enough for hell act 1 i mean come on.

i basically lack dps and surivability. is it just the monk class that sucks and i should reroll smth else like wizard or faceroll barbarian or wat ???
    I had trouble getting killed too fast. I bought a shield, and switched to Mantra of Healing runed with Boon of Protection, and spammed Fists of Thunder runed for spirit regeneration. This allowed me to spam mantra of healing (BoP rune makes you absorb damage equivalent to 15% of your health). This in effect makes you invincible. I recommend turning elective on and getting searing winds, so that it can solo all of the mobs around you while you spam Mantra of Healing and Cyclone.

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    You should try improving your knowledge and most likely your ability as a player, then you should be able to beat it.
    And your gear! More gear is always going to help, even if there may be bigger problems to solve first.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-05-22 at 10:35 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Ehm use a shield

This would be the first step in the right direction. As you have seen, they can make shitloads of dmg...shields reduce this dmg... and switch your skills from offensive to defensive ones.

Hell is not faceroll with any class.

And stack vitality... you need a larger healtpool compared to nm.

An no monk is not underpowered, you are simply not good enough

P.s. Play with friends, much more fun and easier

Kite stuff when you get low, dodge stuff, dont be bad
    N

10+ Year Old Account
    2k dps and 23k hp

This is fairly close to the build I use for Hell mode, and I swear to you with a shield, it will actually feel easier than Nightmare mode was.

I prefer Cyclone to the Serenity because I like being able to spam cyclone to keep mobs off of my ranged DPS + pull them into Searing Winds. This also allows me to centralize the mobs into one area for easy AE damage. If a mob gets through and begins tearing up my Wizard, Boon of Protection usually keeps him alive long enough to CC or escape.

I also would replace Breath of Heaven with seven-sided strike, runed for stuns. Mantra of Healing will be more than enough healing for you + potions for emergencies. Seven-sided strike with stuns + Blinding Flash = a ton of CC, and you can use the seven sided strike to dodge Arcane Beams, Fire, Freeze grenades etc.

I got a monk to 60 in like 20 hours

all i did was

find two one handers with 1.90% + life steal per hit

Mantra of life reg + the rune to make it stronger

+ the passive to heal u when u use spirit

cripple wave with 20% less dmg rune

Serenity + 4 sec duration rune

lashing tail kick with stun rune

After that its a matter of spamming the living hell out of your Mantra to get the extra heal regeneration + the extra healing from passive for using the 50 spirit to activate it. Then popping serenity when you're super low so u can spam mantra heal some more

That's how i did it anyway and i hated it, so i rerolled a Demon hunter 53 atm

2k dps and 23k hp
    2k DPS doesn't sound like very much for level 53. I'm only 39 so I'm not sure, but I know at 41 I will be around 1500.