Deleted

Demom Hunter Nightmare

hey guys!

i am pretty new to diablo franchise and to this sort of games so don't go poop on me please:P

hehe well my question , how do you other demon hunters manage to get it trough in nightmare ? i am currrently at the butcher and i can't seem to get him down more then 67k HP .

i got the Templer as my follower and my build is : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dfQ!bYd!ZbZaba ( hope this is te right 1 so you can see it :P)

any tips ? or any tricks on how i can make it past nightmare?:P still in act 1 at the butcher and i think the magic and champion mobs are pretty hard to kill as a demon hunter , or is it just me ?:P

btw my templer got every skill so he can either heal me or heal himself.

Get Smokescreen, it's ridiculously overpowered. Also playing with a Barbarian/Monk who tanks for you makes everything super easy.

My build atm
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dTV!Yeb!ZZZYZb
    Not sure if Frost Arrow is really the best attack but so far it's working fine.

Deleted
    well the problem is , i can't seem to find any1 who can play with me on nightmare:P the people who play monk and barb are either in hell or inferno. and my other friend is still on normal act 3 , so :P

I'd atleast replace multishot with smoke screen (with lingering fog) to get those five second invisibilities.

As far as magic and champ mobs go I just kite kite kite with traps, smoke screens, vaults and bat companion to keep my hatred up. Using hungering arrows instead of entangling shots to get more dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    More gear. Hit the AH and try to pick up a good bow for fairly cheap, and see what else you can get for cheap.

Also, you're not locked in to having one skill of each type. Go to options->gameplay and check elective bars or whatever. It's on the bottom right. Use smokescreen.

Deleted
    okee , ye i tried with smokescreen worked pretty well. going to try it tonight guys thanks <3

-Grind up a bit in public games if your current act is giving you trouble. Even if the group consists of all DHs or Wizards, it can be easier kiting bosses than soloing them.
    -AH all gear. Don't forget + Damage > Dexterity (will probably be nerfed soon)
    -Throw vitality gems in.
    -Utilize smokescreen with that rune in that makes it last longer (you can use that AND vault, its what I do)
    -have an attack with a snare. In NM I switched out ball lightning for frost arrow just because of the slow.

Deleted
    make sure to upgrade your bow regularily, every 5 levels or so. there are often good ones for cheap in the AH. re sell it once you don't need them anymore, you won't lose money this way. the weapon dps upgrade is by far the biggest you can get.

always keep the boss at distance (it doesn't matter if he's not on your screen anymore, as long as you can still see his health bar and shoot in his direction, he'll drop) and remember to pay attention to the floor. when it starts glowing, get out before you take fire damage. vault and smoke screens are great. also, impale and bola shot with stuns are great too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    okee , ye i tried with smokescreen worked pretty well. going to try it tonight guys thanks <3
    Also add in preparation to your build. It will let you regen discipline, so you can get 4x smoke screen in a row if you want. Butcher isn't difficult to kite, so you don't need entangling shot. Instead try going for hungering arrow and mix in marked for death to increase your damage. Try to get into positions where you can smoke screen and rapid fire him. In between rapid fires, stay mobile and try to shoot him as much as possible.

Butcher is a pretty hectic fight for demon hunters. You have a lot to avoid, not just several ranged attacks that he does but also the flaming ground. Hitting the auction house for new weapons and gear isn't a bad idea, particularly if you feel too squishy. Vitality helps and ofc weapon dmg lets you kill him faster.

Deleted
    As mentioned before I would say hitting the AH would be a great idea.

Some people list gear for buyout for as low 5k, with any stat combination of Dex, weapon dmg, and vitality should help you. Definately get yourself a good weapon.

In terms of which moves you want, it part down to personal preference, and part down to utility of the move. Anything that stuns/slows helps a lot.

However I would say that Smokescreen (lingering fog), and Preparation (Battle scars) are just too useful to pass up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumu View Post
    -Grind up a bit in public games if your current act is giving you trouble. Even if the group consists of all DHs or Wizards, it can be easier kiting bosses than soloing them.
    -AH all gear. Don't forget + Damage > Dexterity (will probably be nerfed soon)
    -Throw vitality gems in.
    -Utilize smokescreen with that rune in that makes it last longer (you can use that AND vault, its what I do)
    -have an attack with a snare. In NM I switched out ball lightning for frost arrow just because of the slow.
    Don't use vitality gems vitality is a bad stat in diablo for demon hunters you will never get enough hp to live the hits of mobs in hell and inferno its much better to just go pure damage

Quote Originally Posted by Wadoo View Post
    Don't use vitality gems vitality is a bad stat in diablo for demon hunters you will never get enough hp to live the hits of mobs in hell and inferno its much better to just go pure damage
    I think thats a bit extreme I would at least put a purp gem in your helm for the vit bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus4004 View Post
    I think thats a bit extreme I would at least put a purp gem in your helm for the vit bonus.
    well helm gems are kinda crappy im running around inferno with 19k hp if i wanted to live a hit from the mobs i would need ~60/70k hp then I would have nowhere near enough damage to kill the packs if my current shoulders have 140dex/120vit and some more drop with 142dex i will use the 142 dex because everymob oneshots pretty much rendering vitality useless

Personally I find everything an awful lot easier soloing even when playing with good people.

Chain gang and duo chakram basically takes care of all my needs....and Im also hugely dependent on vault

Im a little embarrased at dying twice in act3 on nightmare...and im a total noob

Quote Originally Posted by Wadoo View Post
    well helm gems are kinda crappy im running around inferno with 19k hp if i wanted to live a hit from the mobs i would need ~60/70k hp then I would have nowhere near enough damage to kill the packs if my current shoulders have 140dex/120vit and some more drop with 142dex i will use the 142 dex because everymob oneshots pretty much rendering vitality useless
    That's inferno. This guy's having trouble in nightmare, where vitality can make a huge difference. If you have none you can probably get 1-hit even on nightmare, but if you stack some, you can tank mobs with your face.

Deleted
    ye i was looking at my gear and saw that i got shit gear :P so i went to the AH and bought alot of new stuff after that i found some great Xbow and even a legendary thing go pretty well now :P act 2 almsot act 3 :"D

Deleted
    Smoke screen + preparation... Ball lightning... Roll face on keyboard..

10+ Year Old Account
    AH is your friend.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...