Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    it is okay for buying, even though maybe more stat filters and the possibility to sort by dps, time left and bid are definetely missing.

but for selling, it's horribly clunky. 10 auctions are way too low and it should generate a price suggestion based on similar items that are being sold already. for now, i sell my 25-35 items for 2-4k gold because looking prices up would be way too slow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If you have to look through 57 pages, you need to narrow your search. That's an excessive amount of results to return. Remember to filter a max buyout (and lower it if necessary), and stats.
    Exactly. You can narrow your results to 1 or 2 pages if you adjust your max stats and buyout price. I don´t see any problem with the AH and I think that you just have to get used to it. I mean the game is out 1 week so it is still kinda new.

Deleted
    Stop this messi thing dont stack items in your Bank..... i just sell weapons and items with nearly perfect stats in the AH and then for several 100k....anything else just vendor ....gold comes in like crazy anyway.

Once more people hit hell / inferno the AH will flooded by cheap superior items. so no need to stack gold by any means....ah goblins dont work in diablo 3....its not WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I've seen worst!! But - It could use a little/LOT of love. I know I sound like a fanboi saying this but... I love wow's AH! If they could set it up like that - of course insane undercutting. I like the "its listed, deal with it" style so far.

-lance
    dacoolist.com

Quote Originally Posted by winema View Post
    Hello everybody!

I am not sure if anyone else shares this opinion, but I just cant seem to get my head around the Diablo 3 AH.... for the following reasons:

1) I am unable to search for specific item names - I am looking at a specific build I want to follow, but it seems impossible to search for these specific items without scrolling through every single page on the AH within a certain category.. Why can't blizzard install a search function!!? This was not an issue in World of Warcrafts AH.

2) I am unable to determine the actual value of individual items on the AH - I want to sell certain items for some extra gold, but I am unable to determine the actual value of the item because as previously stated I can't search for what others are selling the same item for.

3) I am unable to find items in my bags etc on any online database - I have noticed that out of my entire bag not a single item is on any item database for Diablo 3... all this seems to be related to the fact that Blizzard are not allowing add-ons on Diablo 3.

Just out of interested am I missing out on something completely obvious or are other people experiencing the same issues.
    This is because items are generated in a different way than WoW.
    WoW has set items with sometimes random values, D3 items are almost completely random.
    AH is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    This is because items are generated in a different way than WoW.
    WoW has set items with sometimes random values, D3 items are almost completely random.
    AH is fine.
    I don´t get it. Why does everyone compare Diablo with WoW? I see it all the time. Some complain that the Barbarian is a recycled WoW Warrior, which by the way is absolutely ridiculous if you consider that D2 Barbs were out long before WoW was released, some complain that the AH should be like WoW´s and the list goes on

Diablo is NOT WoW and a WoW AH would not work because of the random names and affixes and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 items....... sigh
    48 Hour Minimum..... sigh

I've started putting everything up for 2k in the hope that it sells quickly and I can forget about it.

Gems tho... AHing gems is nice and simple - They don't even give you a choice. It's "here's your price, you want yes/no" - Too bad buying a gem on the AH is way better than building it in game.

Deleted
    The first 5 minutes I thought it was horrible. Then I realized it's a system for completely randomized items. Considering that, I love it. Each 5 levels I buy 2-3 pieces and it doesn't take me more than seconds to filter the items I want (IE, new pants. I want int, exp, and vit. 90 pages. Filter from level-2 to level, put a max buyout. 10 pages. Filter with minimun int X until there is only one page. Look for sockets and buy one knowing is the best item with the stats you wanted)

I also think it's terrible. Besides other things people said, I hate it that you can't search for partial keywords on sets. That means if I want to search for the whole set (5 items), I have to search for each one separatedly, which is just silly. Why make 5 queries when you can make 1?

Also, the fact that you can't even look at the damaged items in your stash/inventory when you're in the AH interface...
    Last edited by Verdandy; 2012-05-22 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    regarding the 10 posts max well, i'd say that has to do with RMAH..(but i'm most likely wrong)
    I suspect its to stop people overloading the AH with crap. I mean, I personally have like 30 items waiting to be sold. And I just vendor anything I think is shitty. If I could put up every item I wanted, I'd have 200 different items up on the AH. All that extra load on the AH server may cause problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

I would settle for being able to look at what has the least/most time remaining on a auction like you can with buyout....so bloody annoying instead of having to bid on something and keep checking back over whatever period of time to see if you have been outbid or not =/

Hopefully they will fix a hell of a lot of issues with the auction house pretty soon
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    I suspect its to stop people overloading the AH with crap. I mean, I personally have like 30 items waiting to be sold. And I just vendor anything I think is shitty. If I could put up every item I wanted, I'd have 200 different items up on the AH. All that extra load on the AH server may cause problems.
    Í think that it is indeed a system to prevent players from overloading the AH with tons of crap. It encourages you to actually think about what items are worthy to sell on the AH and which should be just vendored or turned into smithing mats.

Think about it. Without the 10 items max. system you could basically put 200 items on the AH at the same time. This would destroy the whole AH system.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggyballs View Post
    The AH is terrible. The worst part apart from not being able to do named searches is the fact you have a 10 item limit. I've hit my limit every day since release. My stash is completely full with rares ready to sell but I can't. Also, 2day baseline sell time? Awful.
    I've started making alts just to hold items :<

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    After learning how to use Diablo 3 AH, i just love it!!
    The only things i would like to see added to this, is to be able to cancel auctions even after the 5 minute timer when you first put it up.
    I noticed the day after that i had put up an item that i would have been better off selling to vendor/salvaging, and now i had to wait for it to expire.

But i guess now when know it, it wont happen again. But it would still be useful to cancel auctions after the 5minutes.

And ofcourse the the tooltip to see if its an upgrade or downgrade.
    But when getting the hang of your class, it gets slightly easier to notice if its an upgrade or not.
    Unless you ofcourse go after some other stats over what you currently have. (Hatred Regen, Attack Speed, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ril-gania View Post
    it is okay for buying, even though maybe more stat filters and the possibility to sort by dps, time left and bid are definetely missing.

but for selling, it's horribly clunky. 10 auctions are way too low and it should generate a price suggestion based on similar items that are being sold already. for now, i sell my 25-35 items for 2-4k gold because looking prices up would be way too slow.
    just sell them at a price that you yourself would be willing to pay for that item and done... putting up ridiculuous high prices just for the sake of being goldgreedy wont solve your 10 auctions max problem.. also (not generally speaking to you here) dont put in crappy stuff... nobody will buy an item with no +stats and maybe just some +radius +xp and a bit goldfind... thats just a total garbage item.
    if people do this, it might increase the general quality of the ah... and to those who hate the ah... you are probably doing it completely wrong... like always people never look at themselves, if there would be room for improvement ~~

AH as it is is already fantastic if you want to buy something.
    If you need to know what you need you need to read up on your class and then do searches for it.
    There usually are some really good bargains if you know how to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    nobody will buy an item with no +stats and maybe just some +radius +xp and a bit goldfind... thats just a total garbage item.
    The exception being weapons. If you find a weapon that only has +weapon damage and/or a socket, it will sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    i really very very honestly dont believe that you can already fill your complete stash with items that are worth selling.. i just dont believe it for even a second!
    your stash is probably full with crappy yellows, to wich youre only holding on to because they have a yellow name ~~

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    The exception being weapons. If you find a weapon that only has +weapon damage and/or a socket, it will sell.
    thats why i didnt mention those in my "crappy affixes" listing

i could also add thorns damage probably, but sometimes theres actually some pretty good +thorns damage items that might be worth buying for someone whos going for a build like that, so i wont add it

I don't understand why people are mad about name searches. Item names and stats are randomly generated.... So, even if you have the same named item as someone else, the chances of having similar stats are very low. You can do name searches on Legendary/Sets though, so that's not an issue.

I love the AH, I can set search perimeters on items to a very fine detail. I only want a chest that has more than 80 strength because my current one has 75? Yup, I can filter that.

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Those are called Mules and have been being used in the Diablo series for ever :P People had full accounts filled with mules in Diablo2.

At least you don't have to perm your toons anymore so they don't expire after 11 days.
    Last edited by NoRest4Wicked; 2012-05-22 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regrettably, I must agree that the AH is beyond dismal. I have avoided this D3-bashing trend because I am thoroughly thrilled to be back in Sanctuary again after so many years. For the most part, I have been very forgiving. But the AH is, so far, a big fat failure.

It's slow and clunky. The search functionality is already outdated and feels like something from 1990... Move to Stash? Really? I have to log in and out of games to use it? I can only put 10 items at a time up for sale? There is no relevant mouse-over information for items in the sell window? Searches for crafting mats only turn up the cheapest one result and when you go to buy it, you get an error saying it's been sold if someone got there first and so you have to search again?

The whole system is really pathetic. I'm hoping they were in a rush to get the game to market and this incarnation of the AH will die a miserable death just as soon as they get around to it.

Why reinvent the wheel? WoW's AH system is the envy of the gaming world and has been tuned to perfection over the last several years. COPY AND PASTE imho.