Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jon Snow knows how to brood on the fact that he's a bastard. Oh yes.
    When someone asks, “What is best in life?” there’s only one answer: “To crush the newbs, see them driven before me, and read their lamentations on the forums” - Lylirra

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    If by Astapor you mean Qarth, unless the show is changing that, then yes. Can't wait for that to happen at some point in the next two episodes. The only downside is we will instantly know who it is in the show as opposed to it being somewhat of a mystery in the books for a little bit. Can't wait since he is totally up there on my favorite characters list.
    That's right, I forgot it was just before she left... been a while since I read the book. That's about when her story starts getting good though, regardless
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    That's right, I forgot it was just before she left... been a while since I read the book. That's about when her story starts getting good though, regardless
    Ya Qarth sucked in the books, it is better in the show (personal opinion). She doesn't really come into her own as a character until the slave cities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavannie View Post
    Jon Snow knows how to brood on the fact that he's a bastard. Oh yes.
    Does he do anything but?

15+ Year Old Account
    You can really see that they're struggling with time constraints this season. I'm glad the next two books are a season and a half each (unless I dreamed that up).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    You can really see that they're struggling with time constraints this season. I'm glad the next two books are a season and a half each (unless I dreamed that up).
    Season 3 will be two seasons (probably ending the first one with that event we're all looking forward to so much), while books four and five will probably be trimmed and filmed concurrently to avoid backlash.

I mean, an entire season of Feast would be pretty bad television.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Season 3 will be two seasons (probably ending the first one with that event we're all looking forward to so much), while books four and five will probably be trimmed and filmed concurrently to avoid backlash.

I mean, an entire season of Feast would be pretty bad television.
    I can deal with that, I think Storm deserves two, and Feast and Dance could be two filmed together with Dance getting 75% of the time. I'd be cool with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    This is a confusing thread. I was really confused as to why someone would be upset with the channel 4 news anchor
    He knows nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like Jon Snow, the actor is playing him very well, but so far i dont like the changes they made to Jon's situation with the wildlings... i know not everything has been played out yet, but i thought the way the book handled it was much better.

same thing with Robb and that Volantene chick... when he got with Jeyne in the book ,it was for a very specific reason, but now he's just horny and doesnt want to honor his deal with the Freys. it makes him seem weaker and less honorable.

The fact that is GRRM's writing alacrity kind of suggests that the show has an uncertain future in itself.

But yes, the kingdoms storylines kind of work best right now.

I swear, if they put Tywin, Tyrion, Arya and Varys in the same room, they could speak about knitting and I'd still follow every word. Oh, actually, let's add Bronn and Sandor Clegane too, they could boredly glare at each other as backdrop.

\o/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorenos View Post
    i like Jon Snow, the actor is playing him very well, but so far i dont like the changes they made to Jon's situation with the wildlings... i know not everything has been played out yet, but i thought the way the book handled it was much better.

same thing with Robb and that Volantene chick... when he got with Jeyne in the book ,it was for a very specific reason, but now he's just horny and doesnt want to honor his deal with the Freys. it makes him seem weaker and less honorable.
    Spoilers for the book (I feel this thread would need more people using spoiler tags)

Rob in the books wasn't a much better story. In fact, in the books there was pretty much no story about how he met his love. He was missing for quite a while in the books, then came back with a wife, whom he'd married cause he loved her. No more explanation then that, so not sure what this specific reason would be. The only difference here is that Rob is made a bit more compassionate, by falling in love with a woman who help wounded people, instead of just some brat he met in some castle where he staid for a couple of nights.

They will get the reference soon enough.

Soon enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    Spoilers for the book (I feel this thread would need more people using spoiler tags)

Rob in the books wasn't a much better story. In fact, in the books there was pretty much no story about how he met his love. He was missing for quite a while in the books, then came back with a wife, whom he'd married cause he loved her. No more explanation then that, so not sure what this specific reason would be. The only difference here is that Rob is made a bit more compassionate, by falling in love with a woman who help wounded people, instead of just some brat he met in some castle where he staid for a couple of nights.
    Actually, there kinda was. He was overcome with grief after hearing about Bran & Rickon and he was wounded if I remember correctly and Jeyne was nursing his wounds at the time. Would've been fine if they'd have added her compassion and empathy to his reasons for bedding her. He felt he had to marry her afterwards for reasons of honour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The only downside is we will instantly know who it is in the show as opposed to it being somewhat of a mystery in the books for a little bit. Can't wait since he is totally up there on my favorite characters list.
    You'd be suprised what they can do with a little makeup give him long hair and a huge beard, stick him in long robes, maybe with a hood, I reckon the could make it a BIT of a mystery, at least until people look at the credits :S

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    I swear, if they put Tywin, Tyrion, Arya and Varys in the same room, they could speak about knitting and I'd still follow every word. Oh, actually, let's add Bronn and Sandor Clegane too, they could boredly glare at each other as backdrop.

\o/
    True fuckin story :P Tyrion, Ayra and Varys are my top three characters in the whole series, and Bronn has some of the best lines in the whole TV show ('You can't cure being a cunt' EPIC) Clegane is a pimp as well, and Twyin is probably the best change so far in the TV show(he got very little... for lack of a better word screen time, in the book) so these guys in a room together? Tv GOLD
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

That phrase got so annoying while reading ASOS, reminds me of my moms old BS sayings, but I guess in the end she didn't know how to dodge a arrow lolz
    Last edited by jlcamero; 2012-05-24 at 02:14 PM.
    “I’m tired of being crushed under the weight of greedy men who believe in nothing.” - Jax Teller

I love Jon Snow! He's the bastard son right?

Quote Originally Posted by siugdfghdz View Post
    I love Jon Snow! He's the bastard son right?
    If you really loved him, you would know the answer.

Big fat phony.