Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Not getting every Diablo 3 Cinematic

Hey guys so im playing Diablo 3 (obviously) and today I was watching som1 else playing & he got a cinematic I didn't get 0.O Im curently on act 1 on HELL so I didn't get the cinematic twice now... while at the very very end I do get the last cinematic which ends Diablo 3. Whats whrong? normal or ?

Well I got an issue with this too I don't have the cinematic that start in act 3 wich is the black soulstone cinematic, and i dont know why the hell i dont have it

I didn't get the cinematic for ending Act 1 Nightmare last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok so im not the only one, I was thinking re-install but well, if other people have it too then mhhh.... there couldn't be so many corrupt diablo 3's right? 0.O

Look in your Diablo 3 preferences file under my documents/diablo III if the cutscenes have been unlocked. I play with a german client and in my file it says

PlayedCutscene0 "15"
    PlayedCutscene1 "15"
    PlayedCutscene2 "23"
    PlayedCutscene3 "143"

I don't know exactly why the numbers aren't the same but I think it has something to do with the characters they played the last time or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    in my documents in Diablo 3 file I only see screenshots & D3Prefs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Two possible reasons:

- Sometimes it takes time to load. I waited 30 seconds once
    - If you click or press a key without realizing it (such as returning from another window or a separate monitor), you will cancel it.

The D3Prefs is the preferences file where all your settings are stored.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't even load, it happens, or I go to next act asap. Dno if I hit a key tho :s I do use push to talk button ² for teamspeak but... really? :s every key will cancel it? mannnnnnnnn

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    The D3Prefs is the preferences file where all your settings are stored.
    I know ^^ but I was looking for these:
    PlayedCutscene0 "15"
    PlayedCutscene1 "15"
    PlayedCutscene2 "23"
    PlayedCutscene3 "143"

You're probably just flagged as having already seen them based on some of the games you've joined. Just view them cinematic in the main menu instead (on the left side before you login).

So far what I've gathered is that the end-of-act cinematics won't show if you've already been through it on your character. Could be wrong though. I did get them all on my first playthrough, but none after.

Cinematics only show on all acts through normal mode. Nightmare and up only the Act 4 cinematic plays.
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz | Corsair H70 | SLI GTX580 @ 850 Core | OCZ Vertex 2 90GB (Boot)
    G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB RAM @ 1800mhz 8-9-8-24

Avid game lover and Twitch streamer @ twitch.tv/rendhammerTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok thanks for all the info, eventho I didn't get some cinematic (Tyreal one) at first playthrough with my char on normal mode but ah, alt inc anyway so thx

15+ Year Old Account
    You can go back and watch them after logging in. Should be a cinematics button.

15+ Year Old Account
    You only get the cinematic first time you play through that act on a character, doesn't matter difficulty, but obviously it would be normal.

You always get the end cinematic after beating diablo.

You can watch them under the cinematic tab on the log in screen.

I know this thread is old but I have question and I dont wanna make another thread.

I got cinematics only in normal. In higher difficulties they are just skipped all the time (like people above said already) and I wonder its working as intended or its a bug? For me is very annoying when instead of great cinematic betweena acts nothing happen, just kill boss and boom, you are in next act
    I hope itrs a bug, if you dont want watch you can always press button and skip but not having a chance see this second time its very annoying (I know I have all movies unlocked but leaving diablo, turning on again to see one cinematic is not an option).

10+ Year Old Account
    Working as intended. They skip now for me in everything I've already done except for the last cinematic. If I re-do normal, they show up again.

I stopped getting cinematics after I've seen em for the first time, no idea if that's supposted to happen or not...

The first time I played through, I kept having to go to the start menu to watch the cutscenes. Didn't touch a button, but it probably happened because I was playing with a friend (his first time playing as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Working as intended.
    Really stupid move from Blizz if its not a bug