Monk Tank Inferno Video Guide & Information

Hey everyone, I put together a quick video showing my Monk tank build for Inferno if anyone needs help with it

- Fastest Attack speed weapon you can find (no less than 1.4 ideally)
    - Increased Attack Speed gear (one or two pieces should be enough) to get your attack speed up (more hits = more spirit, more spirit = invincible from Mantra spam). Result should be around 2.0 attack speed in details screen.
    - Absolute Must-have: Mantra of Healing (Boon of Protection Rune) to keep yourself and your party up by spamming it (1200 health per second, 15% max health absorb shield, no cooldown).
    - Attack combo: Hit1 and Hit2 = Fists of Thunder (Lightning Flash), Hit3 = Crippling wave (Concussion Rune)
    - Must-have: Breath of Heaven (Infused with Light) for not only the heal, but most importantly the extra Spirit generation, which means more Mantra of Healing spam.
    - Must-have Passive: Resolve. I also use Transcendence and Chant of Resonance, but you can switch one of those out for Near Death Experience.
    - Skill slot 4 is pretty flexible, you can use whatever you want but most likely you will want Serenity or Blinding Flash.

Nice vid. The attack combos are really fun to use with monk. One two with fists and then finisher with something that buffs your defenses is great. Before lvl 26 when you get the rune for Crippling wave Deadly reach with Keen eye works well enough as defensive finisher. Also helps to have the damage numbers pop to see when you hit 2nd fists attack.

And it's nice to see that it works in inferno ^^.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2012-05-22 at 05:59 PM.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Are you running with a shield or duel wielding?

He has a shield in the video.

Unfortunately playing this way is incredibly boring, but almost required in inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    Unfortunately playing this way is incredibly boring, but almost required in inferno.
    Works great when your partners are high DPS. You tank everything for them, they blow it up, and everyone lives from the healing It's quite fun for me!

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMusicMan View Post
    Works great when your partners are high DPS. You tank everything for them, they blow it up, and everyone lives from the healing It's quite fun for me!
    All the power to you for finding this sort of gameplay fun, but it's incredibly 1-dimensional.

I play in a group too, and I'm currently trudging through Act 3 inferno, but I can't say I'm exactly having fun. Once Diablo is down in Inferno I think I'll be playing a Wizard/Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    All the power to you for finding this sort of gameplay fun, but it's incredibly 1-dimensional.

I play in a group too, and I'm currently trudging through Act 3 inferno, but I can't say I'm exactly having fun. Once Diablo is down in Inferno I think I'll be playing a Wizard/Demon Hunter.
    I don't think wizard is more fun than this. If you look at viable builds for inferno, there is not much action in that. Here you need to at least position yourself properly and do the combo. Maybe DH is different.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.