Elite mob buffs.

I see it talked about here or there, but I cant find a full list of buffs an elite can have. Moreso, how to counter each buff well.

Like the immunity shield? I have no idea how it works, but I know if I fight long enough the shield drops often enough to get the damage though. However, is there an easier way?

Im posting this in hopes people can list the buffs they know, and how they have best countered each buff. Seems the biggest evils are the vampiric buff, the molten buff, the sentry laser spell or any of the damage ones in combo with the vortex buff.

So.. anyone out there know all the buffs, or even have tips on how to counter each buff type? Even if you only have a tip for one of the buff types, toss it up and lets see how this thread sounds near the end.

Excellent thread! I'm curious and would like a compendium of this stuff as well.

I think I know all the buffs (or at least I should have encountered all of them by now. almost 70+hours played on barb currently on act 3 inf. Not soloing though )

I dont know if i'll be able to list single abilities and ways to counter them because its the mixture of the different abilities that make it really hard (Like you mentioned. Arcane/frozen/desecrate/molten + waller/jailer/vortex is a bitch if you dont have defensive/movement cds).

About the shields.

There are two kinds.
    Shielding and Minion immunity.

Shielding makes the rare/magic champions immune to everything, including stuns/snares and you cant hit them for lifesteal. Shields go on and off automatically and I dont think you have to 'break' them to make them go away (not sure if you even can actually 'break' the shields. The intervals of it on and off didnt seem to be affected by my damage)

Minion immunity (i believe they are only on rare champs. Dont think that works on magic champs) makes the minions 'absorb' all the damage you do to it, but you can still lifesteal/stun/snare them. Dps the main rare champ and his minions will disapear when the champ is dead . This is especially tough if you rely on a few health globe drops from minions to actually keep fighting.

Avengers was one I was not sure of until I met the 3rd or 4th pack of them in hell. They 'enrage' when you kill one of their members and you can see their 'bloodlust' type graphics on them. (can only happen on magic champs I'm assuming.)

mortor mobs will only target their mortor at you when you're at a certain range. If you're in melee it wont hit you (unless theres another one that is mortoring you from far away).

I think the rest are pretty 'self-explanatory'

Illusions of illusionist mobs dont seem to actually have the special ability of their main body,(molten+illusion doesnt make the illusions leave patches of fire) but they still do normal attacks (and its a bitch if their normal attacks are special attacks, like the 'spider-like caster ' mobs that shoot ice/poison/fire at Act2 on the Zoltan Kulle dungeons. ESPECIALLY the fire one because they leave patches of fire that deal a shit-ton of damage).

I guess I could keep editing this post to add more to how the affixes work. but I think different classes deal with them in different ways so I really dont know how to write up a 'counter' to them. (Some champs are honestly impossible when they have certain affixes as a barb, or at least thats how I feel like it).

Shitty affix + shitty base mob = mobs farming you, not the other way around
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2012-05-22 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    I think I know all the buffs (or at least I should have encountered all of them by now. almost 70+hours played on barb currently on act 3 inf. Not soloing though )

I dont know if i'll be able to list single abilities and ways to counter them because its the mixture of the different abilities that make it really hard (Like you mentioned. Arcane/frozen/desecrate/molten + waller/jailer/vortex is a bitch if you dont have defensive/movement cds).

About the shields.

There are two kinds.
    Shielding and Minion immunity.

Shielding makes the rare/magic champions immune to everything, including stuns/snares and you cant hit them for lifesteal. Shields go on and off automatically and I dont think you have to 'break' them to make them go away (not sure if you even can actually 'break' the shields. The intervals of it on and off didnt seem to be affected by my damage)

Minion immunity (i believe they are only on rare champs. Dont think that works on magic champs) makes the minions 'absorb' all the damage you do to it, but you can still lifesteal/stun/snare them.

Avengers was one I was not sure of until I met the 3rd or 4th pack of them in hell. They 'enrage' when you kill one of their members and you can see their 'bloodlust' type graphics on them. (can only happen on magic champs I'm assuming.)

I think the rest are pretty 'self-explanatory'

Illusions of illusionist mobs dont seem to actually have the special ability of their main body,(molten+illusion doesnt make the illusions leave patches of fire) but they still do normal attacks (and its a bitch if their normal attacks are special attacks, like the 'spider caster like' mobs that shoot ice/poison/fire at Act2 on the Zoltan Kulle dungeons. ESPECIALLY the fire one because they leave patches of fire that deal a shit-ton of damage).
    this is a perfect example of what we need. maybe by the end of this others and myself might have a better idea of whats going on

thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    this is a perfect example of what we need. maybe by the end of this others and myself might have a better idea of whats going on

thanks man
    You're welcome.
    I'll keeping editing my post to add things about affixes that aren't very obvious when you first encounter them.

Deleted
    Immune mobs can't be damaged, no matter what you do. This condition does not occur with purple elites, it only occurs with a yellow + his white subordinates. When they have immune, the white subordinates can not be damaged, only the yellow boss can. Kill him and the whites despawn.

Shielding can occur on purples aswell as on yellow+whites. This gives them a shield that goes on and off, on a timer. Nuke them while the shield is down, don't bother while the shield is up.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/4107...onster-traits/ for a full overview.
    Last edited by mmoc1663e6f809; 2012-05-22 at 08:00 PM.

I suppose that avengers are to be AOE'd to die roughly at the same time.

I suppose that immunes discourage the strategy of picking off minions one by one and saving the elite for last.

i hate the ones with invulnerable!