Poll: What Type Of Diablo 3 Do You Want Or Wish It Was.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm not a fan of always-online as a form of anti-piracy, but there's a lot of aspects about Diablo III that call for the connection anyway, so I'm not too worked up about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I'm on board with the concept that we as consumers do not own our games anymore.

We simply have the license to play the games on the companies' servers.

I was a couple years too young to have fond memories of LAN parties. I had some fun in the physics computer lab in college with Starcraft spawn, but by that time having a broadband connection that was always on was commonplace and game companies such as Valve and Blizzard already had their own networks to match up users.

I'm making the conjecture that the majority of folks complaining about no LAN or offline option are over 30.

Online Mode Only
    blizz already tols this like years ago, they never will change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    I would like blizzard to decide what kind of game Diablo 3 is.
    - If it is a single player game, make it a proper single player game and give it offline mode (completely separate from the online mode, no possibility of transferring anything from one mode to another, or from online to offline only).
    - If it is a multiplayer game, make it a proper multiplayer game, give us a lobby and an active game browser with filter options.
    The way it is now feels... unfocused.
    this 10times what is messaged up is d2 has a better lobby then d3..........makes you wounder why they didn't make a lobby even torchlight 2 has one
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I like the online mode, being able to chat to friends in other games (or in the AH etc) is really awesome, the persistance that is the AH is awesome too.

I would like to see some kind of lobby system so you can talk with multiple people setting up tourneys etc and an observer mode.

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    I'm on board with the concept that we as consumers do not own our games anymore.

We simply have the license to play the games on the companies' servers.

I was a couple years too young to have fond memories of LAN parties. I had some fun in the physics computer lab in college with Starcraft spawn, but by that time having a broadband connection that was always on was commonplace and game companies such as Valve and Blizzard already had their own networks to match up users.

I'm making the conjecture that the majority of folks complaining about no LAN or offline option are over 30.
    well ill let you know i want offline mode or at lease wish there was one and im not over 30.

edit: and why must age play a part in anything.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    this 10times what is messaged up is d2 has a better lobby then d3..........makes you wounder why they didn't make a lobby even torchlight 2 has one
    D2? Hell, D1 had a better lobby system (because it actually had a lobby system )

As a side note: I joined "General" for the first time a minute ago and the first message i see is a gold selling/powerleveling ad. Yay always online mode! Truly it solved the cheating problem.
    Last edited by Kisuro; 2012-05-22 at 08:49 PM.

can we please keep all of this mature no bashing/making up random things as to why some want a offline mode over a online

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 08:48 PM ----------

D2? Hell, D1 had a better lobby system (because it actually had a lobby system )
    only time i got to play d1 was the ps1 d1 i been meaning to buy it for the pc just never got around to it so i didn't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    well what about if you could have all of that but on days where your internet may be down you got the offline mode to give u something to do *if you wanted to play d3 that day*
    I'd hate it, really. I would. I would not like that if I wanted to progress on my hardcore barbarian, that I'd not be able to because I was offline and had to use my offline characters only. I would hate that if I couldn't get a drop for a slot I need, I wouldn't be able to access the AH...since I'm offline.

I've got hundreds of offline games. That's not an exaggeration; I've collected video games for nearly 30 years. I have plenty I can turn to if I'm bored or unable to play what I wanted to play.

But, that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'd hate it, really. I would. I would not like that if I wanted to progress on my hardcore barbarian, that I'd not be able to because I was offline and had to use my offline characters only. I would hate that if I couldn't get a drop for a slot I need, I wouldn't be able to access the AH...since I'm offline.

I've got hundreds of offline games. That's not an exaggeration; I've collected video games for nearly 30 years. I have plenty I can turn to if I'm bored or unable to play what I wanted to play.

But, that's just me
    well true i can see the downside of it kinda like the downside of d2 when u where able to play online why do offline but i like the choice to be there at lease.

Now that I think about it, I think an offline mode (that has no impact on online security/integrity) could still have negative effects.
    Many players would only play single player, and the AH would be less 'populated' (Even if not everyone uses it, being forced to play online increased the activity of AH i think)

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    Now that I think about it, I think an offline mode (that has no impact on online security/integrity) could still have negative effects.
    Many players would only play single player, and the AH would be less 'populated' (Even if not everyone uses it, being forced to play online increased the activity of AH i think)
    well with that some items may even sell higher then on the ah cause there harder to come by due to less people playing online.

- If it is a multiplayer game, make it a proper multiplayer game, give us a lobby and an active game browser with filter options.
    The way the current game is set up I don't see how a game browser would help much. You select the quest you want to be on from a list, and are then put directly into a game. It's no different from going down a broswer list and looking for that elusive "Act 2 Q4", except that it's much faster and easier.

And if it's to find games that friends are in, you can join them directly by right-clicking on them in the Social tab. Couldn't be easier.

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 10:57 PM ----------

Another serious negative downside I see to it is that everyone with some technical skils would have all access to how the game is run and set up. The way it is at the moment, everything happens on Blizzard's server, which gives them a huge advantage in regards to security. It's not foolproof, but it's a big step along the way. Duping and hacking was/is rampant in D2. Having everything online-only takes a lot of it away.

Deleted
    People will keep making posts about what Diablo 3 isnt and what it should be right ?
    Can't you just be happy? If you dont like it then dont freggin play it.

interesting thx.

For players like myself who have never played Diablo online and have no interest in doing so the Blizzard design decision is nothing but a PITA. Lack of choice / options isn't generally a good thing especially when they are simple options that the franchise has always had... not to mention there really is no technical reason for it either.

Oh well. It is what it is. I prefer freedom of choice to play solo on a car trip or whatever but Blizzard decided to take that choice away if I want to play this game. There are other choices for a hack and slash game. When company A takes choices away there is an opportunity for company B. Simple as that.

No rage - not "F*** you Blizz" just move on if I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaroidsupercolor View Post
    People will keep making posts about what Diablo 3 isnt and what it should be right ?
    Can't you just be happy? If you dont like it then dont freggin play it.
    as for games any true gamer will find fault in any game they play it could be the best selling game in the world ever and true gamers will find something bad about it....its called not blindly fallowing a game or the people who made it. and finding the bad things and weighting them vs the good things can make a game more fun and better.

One thing Id liked is that its same loot system as in D2.

Where legendaries matters.

Where bosses drops phat lewt.

Where its possibel to gear up in Inferno, without using the AH to much. Right now loot dropping is way to RNG imo. No real way to farm drops, 5-10 hours farming 5 stack buff done over last 2 days in act1 inferno, and have gotten only a 600 dps one-hander babarian class weapon as the best drop.

Deleted

That is the single most important reason why Blizz made the game online only. People who talk about security is underestimating Blizz and hackers both. The fact that there's no offline mode (that is not connected to online ofcourse), does not help security very much at all. People talk about the "underlying systems", but what they fail to realize is that a single player game is not built the same way as you build the server for a multiplayer game.

If there's any serious money to be made from the RMAH, the game will be exploited. If it takes the hackers 6 weeks or 8 weeks to find the exploits matter little to blizzard. They have to stay vigilant and have the same security anyway.

I do find the discussion redundant in any case. Sure, I wish there had been an offline & Lan mode. I'm one of those guys who frequently LAN with my friends, and while we tend to have internet, 8 guys splitting a small connection... well, it's not very good.
    We have passed the point where we could protest however. 6 months ago, a big outcry might have done some good. Now those of us who have bought the game have already voted with out wallets, and we told blizz and all other gaming companies out there that "Yes, we are alright with online only even in single player games".
    The wallet vote is the only one that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    One thing Id liked is that its same loot system as in D2.

Where legendaries matters.

Where bosses drops phat lewt.

Where its possibel to gear up in Inferno, without using the AH to much. Right now loot dropping is way to RNG imo. No real way to farm drops, 5-10 hours farming 5 stack buff done over last 2 days in act1 inferno, and have gotten only a 600 dps one-hander babarian class weapon as the best drop.
    The thing about D2 is that only some legendaries (or uniques if nitpicking needs to occur) were relevant. Around 200 were never used except for when you didn't have anything better. It's supposed to be that way. Everything can be better than everything, except when you find that one item with the perfect stats on them. It's how it has always been.

And bosses still can drop phat lewt. You just need to stack your Nephalem Valor buff, ie. you need to actually work for it, not just join 30 Baal runs in a row.