Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Police officers aren't fucked up, human beings are.

Don't expect them all to be saints, cause there's always a few dipshits to make the rest look bad.
    If we don't strive for the best in are selves and exspect it from other we're in a d@mn sorry state. That said I choose to except the reality in front of expect better and work toward it. Humanity is a sorry creature but it's a sorry creature of progress.

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 02:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stopbeingdumb View Post
    But i bet that cop thinks twice before manhandling another person.
    Not really. No idea what your talking about but using violence as a deterrent for more violence is a game of Russian roulette. You could be right in this case or just as easily a friend, family member, collegue, or even a stranger who identitfies with this person/event/etc. could do something potentially worse to whoever harmed this person your talking about. The cycle of violence is often a down-spiraling one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Some Police are just completely void of responsibility and have no idea what it means to be a *Police Officer*. It's very sad really. Oh and that soccer video is utterly foolish. The guy didn't deserve to get beat up. Yes the bad cops are bad but getting beat up by everyone else just shows you're no better then the bad cops. Not sure why people think they deserved it. You're no better then the cops.
    Eye for an eye mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Clearly, we should use this case to generalize and assume that all Police officers who spend every single day assuring we are safe are just legal bullies and murderers.

Boo police are bad booo!
    I think the one guy in this entire post who said anything even remotely similar to that wasn't being serious (I could be wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    I think the one guy in this entire post who said anything even remotely similar to that wasn't being serious (I could be wrong)
    Yeah, but what she said was probably more like a preemptive strike against what is likely to be an opinion held by some, you know what I mean? A lot of people are really fired up about police brutality, and they get carried away. I personally think it's the culture of the department that causes these kinds of things to happen.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heard about this case a while back, watched the video then.. Not watching it again. It made me feel sick to my stomach.

Lock the fuckers up and throw away the key. They are cops, they are hired to protect the people. Most of them do their job. Some, like these, think they are untouchable and above the very law they are supposed to uphold.

They should be punished more severely than regular civilians, imo..

Why didn't the guy just do what he was told though?

If he did, I doubt the situation would have escalated. Even when he stood up he kept walking away from them, instead of getting on the ground like he was told. Not saying what the police did is justified, but dear god if a police officer tells you to do something, you do it!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post

If he did, I doubt the situation would have escalated. Even when he stood up he kept walking away from them, instead of getting on the ground like he was told. Not saying what the police did is justified, but dear god if a police officer tells you to do something, you do it!
    He was mentally ill, keep that in mind..

If he's being deliberately uncooperative, okay, fine, MAKE him get on the ground, but don't proceed to beat the shit out of the poor guy. He didn't deserve to get beat. He submitted but they kept on him.

Why was a mentally ill man randomly roaming the streets at night? That sounds like a failure on behalf of his carer. If he doesn't need somebody to look after him, then he should have done what he was told.

The beating was deffinately out of order, not disputing that.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why was a mentally ill man randomly roaming the streets at night? That sounds like a failure on behalf of his carer. If he doesn't need somebody to look after him, then he should have done what he was told.

The beating was deffinately out of order, not disputing that.
    He was homeless. He was a homeless schizophrenic.

What did he do in the first place is a good question. They treated him like this because he was a vagrant. Man in a suit would not be subject to this.

Do homeless schizophrenics not get any form of support or care in America? Are there just loads of random homeless crazies walking around? If there are, might be better off to just "get rid of them". As horrible as that sounds, it's the only real alternative to them wandering around causing disturbances etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I hate the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    This is why I hate the police.
    Yeah, you're smart. I hope you get violated on the street one day, and there's no police to help you. Because trust me, the "general" populace won't.

Report me all you want, sheep. You probably think this guy deserved what he got, because he's a cop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX5kwVc9IOk

The cop in that video should have tazered the offender almost straight away, but because of people like you, he was undecisive in his decision. While there are some bad cops, officers SHOULD use violence in some cases, for the safety of themselves, and for the safety of the innocents.

Infracted

Also, do not edit Moderator messages.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-05-23 at 04:32 AM.

Do homeless schizophrenics not get any form of support or care in America? Are there just loads of random homeless crazies walking around? If there are, might be better off to just "get rid of them". As horrible as that sounds, it's the only real alternative to them wandering around causing disturbances etc.
    For the most part they don't. Since they are homeless they have no where to go and most places that take them are overcrowded or full. Not to mention they are mentally ill and won't go for help due to their condition. Any major city has tons of crazies walking around that I have been to in America. Also I cant beleive you said to kill the crazies thats just wrong in many ways and Im a fucked up person IRl so if I Say its wrong then dude you got a problem for real.

The thing is, schizophrenia is very difficult to manage. When someone suffering from schizophrenia receives treatment and medication, they can become normal. Then they decide they don't need the medication anymore, or some other psychological anomaly possesses them and they fall back into psychoses. You cannot simply lock someone away in a mental institution against their will (sans a crime), those days are gone. Is it good? Humane? Difficult question.

There wouldn't be so many bad cops if they didn't think/know they could get away with it. There's stories all the time of shit like this, and the police cover it up and nobody is charged. Or the police gets a paid vacation or a slap on the wrist. It's insane.

We need more police training (training to DE-ESCALATE a situation, not escalate it), more standards for becoming an officer, and more punishment for getting out of line.

The militarization of the police in recent years is probably one of the biggest factors. Especially in big cities. Like Bill Adama said once: "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."

@Lockedout:

I have a problem for real? I'm not saying run around executing them. Calm down princess pissy pants. What I'm saying is America has a problem, with no solution. Nobody here has actively discussed the cause of the problem, or possible solutions. I looked into the only realistic ways out of this. Other than free medical care to all homeless people (which nobody wants, because money) the only thing to do is either have dangerous homeless crazies walking around, assaulting people, causing disturbances, robbing etc, or "get rid of them" somehow.

I'm not petitioning for death squads to roam the streets of a country I don't even live in.

You've got problems for real, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    is that a miniority officer beating up a white boy? yeah this one doesnt have legs

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    is that a miniority officer beating up a white boy? yeah this one doesnt have legs
    I can tell you honestly, race played an insignificant, if any, role in the prosecution of these officers. They tried to protect these officers. Police departments very much become like fraternities or clubs, in a way. They circle the wagons when one of their own gets into hot water.

Most cops where I live are total ***holes, so this just makes me.. Yeah.