Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Angry Official Announcement via FB on BWE's for May : (

Many of you have been asking about when we will have our second Beta Weekend Event. As we are approaching a long weekend in many parts of the world, we understand that some of you want to make plans for that. To help you with that we can confirm that we will NOT be running BWE2 this coming weekend.

Our BWE1 was super successful, we exceeded our expectations. As some of you might have experienced first hand, this lead to some technical issues. To make sure we are not running into the same situation for BWE2, we recently had a stress test, and we are currently deploying a lot of additional hardware in our datacenters.

We will be able to tell you exactly when BWE2 will take place as soon as all the hardware has been deployed. We are not withholding a date intentionally, we want to make sure that BWE2 will be a really great experience for all of you.

I hope this helps a bit in understanding where we are standing – you all have a really relaxing long weekend! ~MK

Last edited by Edge-; 2012-05-23 at 05:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darn. Oh well. Life goes on! This just means I can get bored with D3 before the next BWE.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    why sad face? ''Our BWE1 was super successful, we exceeded our expectations'' isnt that great?`gief release soon

Nice that they provide an explanation as to why it's not happening. Hardware deployment. Good, less problems next time.

Can you imagine the rage if they'd just said: no beta this weekend ?

Imo this is just another example of the good way in which they do things.

Real beta, guys.

Anet's turn around between builds seems robust IF the leaked internal patch notes are anything to judge by. Good news in the grand scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Real beta, guys.

Anet's turn around between builds seems robust IF the leaked internal patch notes are anything to judge by. Good news in the grand scheme.
    what are these patch notes you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerabret View Post
    what are these patch notes you speak of?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ed-patch-notes

10+ Year Old Account
    Attack of the caps :P

Really isnt a bad thing to me, just means there will be less problems next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be no BWE2. Guild Wars 2 is vaporware. They plan to announce there will be no GW2 on December 21, but the joke will be on them when they find out the world isn't ending! Haha!

/tinfoilhat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    There will be no BWE2. Guild Wars 2 is vaporware. They plan to announce there will be no GW2 on December 21, but the joke will be on them when they find out the world isn't ending! Haha!

/tinfoilhat.

The Mayan's would like a word with the Tinfoilhats "Newly discovered wall writings found in Guatemala show the famed Maya culture's obsession with cycles of time. But they also show calendars that go well beyond 2012....." Sorry but the World aint ending yet

ETA: OT Yay new Hardware, combined with Awesome Anet and the awesome patch notes, im just fire trucking excited, it's all coming together nicely

ETAA: Perhaps one could read more into the Shiny new hardware and feel that a release is not so far away after all ... hmmmm
    Last edited by Cherrysoul; 2012-05-23 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    ETAA: Perhaps one could read more into the Shiny new hardware and feel that a release is not so far away after all ... hmmmm
    Don't tease me woman!

Honestly don't really see how this announcement can be taken negatively rly...
    ...also funny how they wish "you all" a nice long weekend. Can be certain that also means they won't be lol.

Real beta, guys.

Definitely, also enforces the idea that it was a true beta test, not a demo.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I say kudos to them for keep us informed at least so we're not in the dark. I say, the longer time between BWE's, the better the next BWE will be which makes for an even better release.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

My eyes! My beautiful eyes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Don't tease me woman!

Honestly don't really see how this announcement can be taken negatively rly...
    Apparently Optimism was so 90's

10+ Year Old Account
    Not an indication of that at all. It's an indication that they realized their servers aren't up to snuff and are more than willing to correct that based on player feedback.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Apparently Optimism was so 90's
    I miss indie pop rock :'(

I was listening to Orange Juice & Supergrass while slaughtering millions of demons this afternoon in D3. An odd contrast but can't say I was unhappy in either circumstance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss grunge :'(

I was listening to Orange Juice & Supergrass while slaughtering millions of demons this afternoon in D3. An odd contrast but can't say I was unhappy in either circumstance.
    Ahhh supergrass, great feel-good band. Plus made me more aware of dental hygiene haha.
    Seen them live a few times and they were awesome fun.

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 03:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I miss grunge :'(
    RIP Kurt Cobain.