Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I dont care my class is broken fix the AH first.

If I could get some gear I might not suck anymore. But every time I try to make a purchase it always times out. When I try and post an item to sell it times out. This AH is worse than the GTN released with SW:ToR.

Works for me. Maybe you should take a look at your PC and Network?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Works for me. Maybe you should take a look at your PC and Network?
    Diablo 3 has had such a flawed release that it's even borderline offensive to suggest that it might be a consumer's fault in any way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Diablo 3 has had such a flawed release that it's even borderline offensive to suggest that it might be a consumer's fault in any way.
    Not sure if serious.

I had this issue a couple times, their servers are just super duper busy with all the people playing. Just be patient, relog, and/or try a different time.

AH works fine for me. I've been buying stuff off it for nearly a week now. Guess that means that it must be broken, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    If I could get some gear I might not suck anymore. But every time I try to make a purchase it always times out. When I try and post an item to sell it times out. This AH is worse than the GTN released with SW:ToR.
    By the way, when it times out, 4 out of 5 times it actually does go through. Check your completed auctions page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    Not sure if serious.

I had this issue a couple times, their servers are just super duper busy with all the people playing. Just be patient, relog, and/or try a different time.
    Yeah it's great to have these qualities in my single player game. It all comes with the package. It's surprisingly good to have a single player game with a forced online play and possiblity of getting your single player game hacked just because of the auction house which doesn't even work!! that's some magnificent work there.

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 03:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    AH works fine for me. I've been buying stuff off it for nearly a week now. Guess that means that it must be broken, right?
    No but if you actually read the forums in general you'd notice that it's plenty of people who are having problems

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's great to have these qualities in my single player game. It all comes with the package.
    Are you even playing the game? The Auction House, what this thread is about, is most certainly not part of a single player game. It's part of an online multiplayer game. And when you're online, shit happens with servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just sent in a ticket because the Inferno Dye I just bought isn't appearing in my completed box, but it shows on the recent transactions list, and my money sure as hell is gone. It's not in my stash or anything.... I haven't even noticed anything wrong with class balancing, and it honestly doesn't matter, the AH is so goddamn borkeded!!!
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Yeah it's great to have these qualities in my single player game. It all comes with the package.
    So, you want to be able to play offline AND have an AH? Wow... just wow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    Are you even playing the game? The Auction House, what this thread is about, is most certainly not part of a single player game. It's part of an online multiplayer game. And when you're online, shit happens with servers.
    Yes when you're online in a single player game shit happens. Especially when the greedy company didn't bother to have back up servers or even sufficient amount of servers for the launch.

Fun with the AH! I was trying to buy a rare sword last night and it kept timing out until someone else bought it. So I picked another one out. That one was no problem and popped up in my completed list. Then the first one I was trying to buy popped up in my completed list. Never got a "successful auction purchase' message for it, it just always timed out.

I could see this being really infuriating with top level gear for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    So, you want to be able to play offline AND have an AH? Wow... just wow...
    How about A) A functioning AH -> force people to play online

Or the current scenario B) Shit AH that doesn't work for hundreds of thousands of people -> force people to play online for no reason at all.

Or C) offline mode as it's a single player game.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Or the current scenario B) Shit AH that doesn't work for hundreds of thousands of people -> force people to play online for no reason at all.

Diablo is not a single player game, stop spouting that. Even the developers said it is not a single player game.
    The AH is not broken, it just has a very meh UI. I have had no problems with it, and none of the people I play with (12 different Real ID friends) have had no problems with the auction house.
    Any popular game is going to have launch problems with stress NO MATTER WHAT. Blizzard took their best guess, and it still wasn't enough, but meh, all the problems were fixed 1-2 days later anyway. Hell, I was able to get on an hour after launch and experienced no problems.
    Also ironic that your sig is semi-begging for a guest pass to a game you are complaining about so much.

Yes when you're online in a single player game shit happens. Especially when the greedy company didn't bother to have back up servers or even sufficient amount of servers for the launch.
    You do realize your sig is still pandering for a D3 guest pass right?

If you even have that, you dont have AH access. You have absolutely 0 to contribute to this discussion other than regurgitating what you've heard or seen online, and may even be getting that wrong or twisting it to fit some convoluted agenda.

On topic, Maelstrom51 is correct. Most of the time, a timeout goes through, you just have to check your completed auctions table.

This isn't to say the AH is working properly (searchable item names? how could this not be in by default?) but the fundemental mechanics are up and pretty solid.

Guess my friends and I have been super lucky... I'm connecting regularly via a sub 2 mb/sec internet connection... Occasional lag, no issues with the ah (I've probably only made about a mil off it so I'm far from hardcore ah user), and just a pretty decent experience. My sample size is def too small though.

I would love more sorting options though. But eh, I have no problems with it as it is.

And I'm sorry your single player game isn't single player
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Diablo is not a single player game, stop spouting that. Even the developers said it is not a single player game.
    The AH is not broken, it just has a very meh UI. I have had no problems with it, and none of the people I play with (12 different Real ID friends) have had no problems with the auction house.
    Any popular game is going to have launch problems with stress NO MATTER WHAT. Blizzard took their best guess, and it still wasn't enough, but meh, all the problems were fixed 1-2 days later anyway. Hell, I was able to get on an hour after launch and experienced no problems.
    Also ironic that your sig is semi-begging for a guest pass to a game you are complaining about so much.

Yeah right this "not me or none of my friends" flawed argument again, just check the damn support forums and see for yourself. And yes, by default it is a single player game, no matter what the money-grubbing developers have publicly said to gain the blind trust of the fanboys.

And "any peopular game is going to have launch problems with stress"? Oh really? Don't recall many single player games of late that I couldn't play because the company was too greedy to put up enough servers for the launch because they thought it would be cheaper on the long run to put the amount of servers to handle the average capacity for the next few years instead and have no back up servers. Oh wait! There are no other single player games that require this shit DRM.

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 03:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    You do realize your sig is still pandering for a D3 guest pass right?

If you even have that, you dont have AH access. You have absolutely 0 to contribute to this discussion other than regurgitating what you've heard or seen online, and may even be getting that wrong or twisting it to fit some convoluted agenda.

On topic, Maelstrom51 is correct. Most of the time, a timeout goes through, you just have to check your completed auctions table.

This isn't to say the AH is working properly (searchable item names? how could this not be in by default?) but the fundemental mechanics are up and pretty solid.
    I already got my game but I'm not going to bother changing my signature just because of your irrelevant ranting.

You do not have to use the Action House, heck you do not even need to play this game. So many people complaining just for the sake of complaining; when there are ways to give constructive feedback regarding missing items from the Action Houses. The people at blizzard are doing everything they can in-regards to all the problems that Diablo III is having. If you would like things to go much faster, how about you learn some programming to do two things, A) a lot of hours to fix these "small problems" and B) apply to work at Blizzard so even if you get the job, you will find out, people like you bashing on the game, that your fellow co-workers and you are trying all they can to fix. You will see this type of complaining does nothing good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    You do not have to use the Action House, heck you do not even need to play this game. So many people complaining just for the sake of complaining; when there are ways to give constructive feedback regarding missing items from the Action Houses. The people at blizzard are doing everything they can in-regards to all the problems that Diablo III is having. If you would like things to go much faster, how about you learn some programming to do two things, A) a lot of hours to fix these "small problems" and B) apply to work at Blizzard so even if you get the job, you will find out, people like you bashing on the game, that your fellow co-workers and you are trying all they can to fix. You will see this type of complaining does nothing good.
    No, I most definitely don't have to use the auction house but I most definitely suffer the side effects of it.

10+ Year Old Account

Dude quit the game if you dont like it, because we dont care.
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.