Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movies] Justice League?

With the success of The Avengers, it seems likely that Warner Bros and DC will do something similar with Justice League. We know(or at least that's what it says on IMBD) that Christopher Nolan is producing another reboot of the Batman franchise after his current trilogy is done. I think it would be reasonable to assume that it might tie into a series of other DC movies which all set up a Justice League movie. All i can say is that if Christopher Nolan directed a Justice League movie i would shit my pants.

Any thoughts on whether or not this will happen? Who would you like to see direct it, and which actors would you choose to star in it?

Why reboot the Batman series again? At least make Bruce Wayne die and somebody else become the new Batman you see in the Justice League, I don't want to see another Batman origin movie this soon.

Also 2013 release date? That sounds very rushed, I don't predict it going to the heights the Avengers did if they are going to rush it. They should have took notes and learned you have to build it up. Otherwise it will be confusing and total crap.

Plus DC is boring in my honest opinion, Batman is the only DC character I like.
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2012-05-23 at 04:25 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Hmm... The difference between Avengers and Justice League is; that a lot of the members in JL are tjat much more "over the top". I mean Superman, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter just to name a few. I think scaling it down to a point where it isn't silly would harm the franchise more than it would help. And since Nolan likes his super heroes and villaims very "realistic"; I doubt that he would direct a JL movie.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    It would really depend on which members would be involved. As it stands, the only successful Justice League member who has had a sucessful film is Batman. I don't think "The Dark Knight" batman would be a good fit for a Justice League film either. Green Lantern was terrible so that will have to be re-done. Beyond that there aren't many other faces to attach to a film like this. Unless they just make a Justice League film from scratch and spend the first hour glossing over origins then it's probably not anything we'll see soon.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Why reboot the Batman series again? At least make Bruce Wayne die and somebody else become the new Batman you see in the Justice League, I don't want to see another Batman origin movie this soon.

Also 2013 release date? That sounds very rushed, I don't predict it going to the heights the Avengers did if they are going to rush it. They should have took notes and learned you have to build it up. Otherwise it will be confusing and total crap.

They are rebooting Superman, Spiderman and Fantastic Four, and they just rebooted x-men. Reboots = $$$

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post

Who said anything about 2013?

The Batman reboot isn't scheduled to come out until 2015, so if they are making Justice League, and if this Batman ties into it, it won't be for quite some time.

15+ Year Old Account
    John Stewart GL movie please!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really a fan of John Stewart's Green Lantern. I think he was just in the Justice League so they could have a black character in the main line-up.

With the New 52 Universe reboot, they've bought the popular Hal Jordan (that's the right one, yeah?). This then led to bringing Cyborg into the main group so they could continue to have a black hero to look up to. I don't have a problem with this, and I apologise if it comes off that way!

I'm enjoying The New 52. As a big fan of the Flash, I like what's happening. I also plan to start reading Justice League, Teen Titans and possibly Nightwing. I'll also pick up Supergirl if they bring back Terra in that. I'm a fan of Superboy thanks to 'Young Justice' (good cartoon!), but not sure if I can afford so many.

Now, to be specifically on topic. I would imagine Batman would need to be rebooted if they wanted a Justice League film. Christian Bale has issues and I doubt he would work well with a cast, even if he is the 'leader' of the league in the film. I'd love a Flash film, but not sure how well it would work solo.

The film could be fairly simple, revolving around the creation of the league using Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Hawk Girl and Cyborg or Martian Manhunter. Throw in a planet-wide threat and go go go. It would just be expensive since the heroes of DC are a lot more 'destructive' than Marvel heroes. I do prefer DC over Marvel, partly because of this.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2012-05-29 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They are rebooting Superman, Spiderman and Fantastic Four, and they just rebooted x-men. Reboots = $$$
    Spidey and F4 could do with a reboot if they're to fit with the Avengers continuum, hopefully leading up to the Civil War story. X-Men could work if they just forgot about everything to do with the Phoenix (including the whole third movie) until later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nolan won't be directing or probably even writing any Batman or Justice League movies any time soon. He is a producer on the Man of Steel movie, but that is it. He will probably have his name attached to any Justice League movie that does get made mostly because WB will want to try and link to to Nolan's Batman movies in any way they can. I highly doubt they would get Bale back to play the role either.

As far as I know, a Justice League movie does not exist right now beyond the basic idea that they want to make one since Avengers made a shitload of money. Marvel started planning an Avengers movie a long time ago before even Iron Man was complete and made all the other movies with the idea that they would eventually lead to an Avengers movie and that is why it worked. It sounds like WB and DC are trying to take their existing movies and squeeze them into a single continuity so they can make a Justice League movie and I do not see that working well at all.

As far as the reboot of Spiderman, Fantastic Four and X-men fitting into the Avengers continuity, not likely. Sony still owns the rights to Spiderman, Fox owns Fantastic Four and X-men, and Disney and Marvel Studios owns the rights to all the Avengers movies. The chance of any of those franchises appearing in the same movie is slim to nil.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible with the upcoming superman reboot and an alleged batman reboot incoming soon, but it will be a while off yet. Probably the same distance between Ironman 1 and the avengers, if not longer. (I think Iron man 1 was first? Possibly hulk though)

I liked the green lantern movie fuzzie, am I the only one? :< Though since it had 0 mention of Justice league, if they want to make it as awesome as the avengers they might have to reboot it with the intention of it carrying on to a Justice league movie.

I would love to see a Justice League movie though, I've always wanted one.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Granted that the previous X-men movies weren't X-men. They were Wolverine and the X-men. Just an fyi I despise Wolverine and don't get the hype behind him. hopefully an X-men reboot focuses more on the X-men and not having them there following Logan around.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

I don´t think the Justice League has too many interesting characters that would fit a movie... I mean, I really like Ajax, Nuclear and the Green Lantern, but don´t think the crowd would like to see them in a movie.

The only characters that might have what it takes to win the crowd are Superman and Batman... And only Batman is making a (huge) profit with his movies...

The animated DC films recently were alright, but in all honesty, we'd need a decent Superman film, a decent Wonder Woman film, Flash film.. Green Lantern was errrmmmm.

The Avengers set a new benchmark in both levels of awesomeness and blending in elements from various sources of the respective comics and heroes they used while dropping those that would have only complicated things and been a bit OTT - Wasp, Ant Man and Black Panther - so things didn't get too confusing AND did it successfully.

A Justice League movie right now would be shite. I'm worried they'd fuck Wonder Woman right over, Superman / Batman would get all the attention, the Flash is made out to be the comic relief rather than the powerhouse he is, not enough people get Martian Manhunter due to him being hastily written in.. etc

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 06:40 PM ----------

Anyway, sod everything - give us the Flash movie first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O_benaKlsA

Listen to the crowd at the end of that dodgy teaser trailer! Listen to them! Jog on, GL, Superman and Batman reboots - give us the speedster!
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they need to wait for a Justice League Movie. We already know Bale isn't going to be Batman/Bruce Wayne anymore after Dark Knight Rises. So there isn't much point to make one. We would have to wait. As for the Flash, he probably should have a movie but with another super hero with him IMO anyways.

Those are my thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there is a good chance they will do this. But your facts seem off because both Nolan and Bale said this will be their last Batman movie. They will reboot batman again after this one just like they are now doing with Spiderman, and it will most likely have a new director and batman actor.

For Justice League, they will have to have a few solo releases before hand......first the Trinity: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman. Then most likely Flash and Green Lantern (perhaps together?). Lastly, Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter (can prob just be in the final movie like Black Widow/Hawkeye). Those 7 pretty much make up the core of the JL.

I would love to see a JL movie, I think DC movies and animated series are more polished and well done (cept the crap that was Green Lantern). I'd be interesting in a "Young Justice" movie too with the teen versions of the superheros like the new animated series, which is REALLY good if you haven't seen it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I think there is a good chance they will do this. But your facts seem off because both Nolan and Bale said this will be their last Batman movie. They will reboot batman again after this one just like they are now doing with Spiderman, and it will most likely have a new director and batman actor.

For Justice League, they will have to have a few solo releases before hand......first the Trinity: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman. Then most likely Flash and Green Lantern (perhaps together?). Lastly, Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter (can prob just be in the final movie like Black Widow/Hawkeye). Those 7 pretty much make up the core of the JL.

I would love to see a JL movie, I think DC movies and animated series are more polished and well done (cept the crap that was Green Lantern). I'd be interesting in a "Young Justice" movie too with the teen versions of the superheros like the new animated series, which is REALLY good if you haven't seen it yet.
    I've watched some scenes and I don't really have any interest in the more younger characters. I truly don't. As you say solo releases would have to be done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I liked the green lantern movie fuzzie, am I the only one? :<
    nope, you're not the only one. I liked it as well. Didn't LOVE it, but i liked it.

Justice League movie, however, i don't see that happening anytime soon, if ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I've watched some scenes and I don't really have any interest in the more younger characters. I truly don't. As you say solo releases would have to be done right.
    That's understandable but you should really watch the first few full episodes.....they have some really good stories and all are connected to the finale and a certain group called "the light".....plus alot of action which IMO is better then most everything I have seen so far like the reg justice league cartoon or teen titans. Only animated DC cartoon I have seen with better action is Batman: Red Hood movie, which has some crazy action and has the old Batman:Animated Series retro style and look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    That's understandable but you should really watch the first few full episodes.....they have some really good stories and all are connected to the finale and a certain group called "the light".....plus alot of action which IMO is better then most everything I have seen so far like the reg justice league cartoon or teen titans. Only animated DC cartoon I have seen with better action is Batman: Red Hood movie, which has some crazy action and has the old Batman:Animated Series retro style and look.

I've watched Red Hood. That was one of the best animated Batman movies I've ever seen in a long time. It wasn't Kevin Conroy voicing him but the actor did him justice. The movie was very well done and sadly left me wanting for more.