Deleted

Why compare D3 to D2+expansion+patch 1.09?

If you want to compare, compare Diablo 3 to Diablo 2 patch 1.00 instead. This game will get better when patches and expansions arrive. Dont worry, youll still have D3 forever.

Actually it's a valid comparison just like people should be comparing Swtor at release to WoW at that time and not WoW at release almost 8 years ago. You have to compare "Insert New Product Here" to its competitors CURRENT offerings, not what it was offering X number of years ago.

Not saying anything is wrong with D3 myself, but just saying that it is an acceptable comparison to make.

It's a valid comparison, though, if you ask me, an inherently skewed one. It compares something that has been out for X amount of years, meaning it had all that time to figure out what works and what doesn't, to something that just came out and hasn't had that opportunity. One could argue that developers of the new game could look at the older game and see the same things, but what works for one game doesn't necessarily work for another.

Because common sense is not common? :P

Regardless, the same people will probably still think of D3 as worse, anyway. D2 was better, BC was best expansion, SC1 so much better than SC2, all the new games are for casuals, blah blah. It's all very tiresome.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Generally you would believe a company would carry over what they learned from 11 or so patches into their new game. So comparing it to D2 1.00 doesn't seem so fair either.

Diablo 3 had 12 years to become the "perfect" Diablo. Didn't turn out that way.

Diablo 2 was fantastic on release and just got better.

Diablo 3 was released without PvP and in my opinion is much weaker compared to D2 release on many fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Generally you would believe a company would carry over what they learned from 11 or so patches into their new game. So comparing it to D2 1.00 doesn't seem so fair either.
    Which is why I honestly try to avoid comparing a game to its predecessors. I just judge it for what it is, by itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people relate all new shooters to Halo 1 with no mappacks.
    dictated but not read.