Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wish all the haters would just leave Diablo and go back to WoW, it's obvious they wanted a new 2.5D WoW.

Xer already debunked all the OP's points in one post, so I won't bother to do the same.

So many times it was said in WoW forums around the world, but the same applies to D3: don't like it, don't play it. Blizzard made the game they wanted and sold it, you bought it. If you're not satisfied, apply to Blizzard and change things from the inside or start your own company, but that would cost too much effort. Something you're obviously lacking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    9.5 seems about right to me. Sure there are teething problems, but they'll be fixed and for the VAST, VAST majority of the time, the game is damn near perfect.
    I like D3, but...near perfect? Are you kidding me? No game is anywhere close to 'near perfect' and Diablo 3 certainly isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    (seriously Wizard can take more punishment then Barb in Inferno, even tho Wiz have 0 vitality on his gear).
    I stopped reading your comment there
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    I understand blizzards idea of making "go out and explore the dungeons", but there is a major flaw with implementing it - Acts are not broken down by portals (how it used to be) and end-bosses anymore, but some unintuitive Quest names which are preventing to "go out there and explore" but instead "hey you cant go here, you havent done previous quest" which is a BIG sh!t implementation. I hate this thing the most about D3 at the moment. + Tyrael has become a whimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I understand blizzards idea of making "go out and explore the dungeons", but there is a major flaw with implementing it - Acts are not broken down by portals (how it used to be) and end-bosses anymore, but some unintuitive Quest names which are preventing to "go out there and explore" but instead "hey you cant go here, you havent done previous quest" which is a BIG sh!t implementation. I hate this thing the most about D3 at the moment. + Tyrael has become a whimp.
    Once you get all the way through Act II and Tyrael's memory returns, he becomes anything but wimpy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer66 View Post
    Once you get all the way through Act II and Tyrael's memory returns, he becomes anything but wimpy.
    Nope, he still in Act 4 whines "omg its all in vain, you cant stop [spoiler] anymore, we are all dooooomed!" which is totally not what Tyrael used to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    Paid review? How can this possibly be a 9.5.
    QT3 gave it a 8.5 and they are usually some reviewers who would rather give every game the lowest rating possible and are definitely not paid.
    The IGN one could be an honest review, it could be a paid one, if unpaid ones give it 8 or higher out of 10 at least then you know the general direction.
    9.5 is probably too high but 8.5 doesn't look unreasonable.

The game needs a patch asap to fix a lot of issues concerning loot and classes.[...]
    Anyways enough ranting, could have been way better.
    The game is fully functional so there was no reason to lower its ratings based on its technical shortcomings. If it would crash frequently, if there were constantly graphical glitches, obvious broken things like script errors, missing assets then yes there would be a reason because then the game is not functional and fixing these things are equal to a 3 months release delay at time whereas connectivity issues could be just temporary. Since the product is fairly polished rating it lower would be considered unfair.

If you decide to do a one-time review only - some reviewers actually do tend to do two reviews - then short-term issues have to take a backseat and only be mentioned without getting factored into the final score. Remember your review has to be somewhat valid even a year later.
    Personal feelings are tricky, you have to balance them against what you expected and what was actually advertised. Also it is wise not to review a game of a genre which you per see dislike. If you hate FPS games then you generally judge them differently, more unfair than someone who's playing FPS games all day and knows what and where to look at.

Either way I remember when D2 was released, I actually bought it even though I really didn't have a lot money then, but the game had a lot of issues and bugs - yes, the dreaded moonwalker bug has never been fixed actually - and the game had a lot of imbalances and broken trees as well as mechanics. Some classes were overpowered (Barbs with WW), some very weak (Amazons overall). Even LoD came with two classes which were clunky and imbalanced, Feral Druid worked, Elemental Druid - not so. Yet, people would not give it as scathing reviews like they would these days and would agree with ratings. Today's gamers are definitely angrier.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Oogly View Post
    If you look at the date of the review it is May 14 2012. Meaning the review was written even prior to the game launching. So of course nothing will be spoken about the terrible launch "problems" with abysmal servers, multiple errors, account hackings and stupidly long downtimes the game has had this last week.

However those things would never be put in to a game review especially not paid ones.
    lolwut? D3 is the biggest release of online project ever. If care to look at SWTOR release which has 3-4 eu primetime downtimes per week and 2-3 hours queues without place saving you probably realize that D3 started pretty well. As eu player I meet only 1 maintenance during this week. People should get real - its just first week passed and game stable and have no queues.

It took them 10+ Years to make diablo 3, Seriously 10 years for 4 Acts ?
    and yet in 5 days it was cleared up. very disappointing but better than AFKing in stormwind for me.

edit : i understand diablo is about grinding etc over and over, but 10 years they should've done more than this.

5 difficulty modes (1 optional) and im just playing the game over and over and over again, only the Elites are broken as hell for melee classes
    (seriously playing a barbarian just to leap stun run away Seismic Slam while my ranged partner does the damage isnt fun) bosses get higher hp and higher damage, nothing special and much easier than the elite mobs themselves.

And if u wanna solo Inferno mode as a barbarian. You will have to over gear it first.

i would give this game 10/10 for a Time Waste Game when you are just afking in SW like myself :P
    Also would give it WTF/10 for the time it took them to make this game to have this much content in it.
    and 0/10 in terms of class balance differences between Barbarians and Wizards/DemonHunters
    Last edited by Gamez; 2012-05-23 at 11:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    IGN is worthless when it comes to actual game scores.

The reviews are ok with the amount of info they provide, although I don't consider them a reliable/unbiased source of information when it comes to how good games are.

That being said, I think Diablo 3 does deserve 9.5. I am finding it extremely fun, playing with 2 friends. It's precisely what Diablo always was - a dungeon crawler with a lot of replayability. It was never about 60h long campaigns.

Yes, there are balance issues but none of them are gamebreaking. For whatever bad you want to say bout it, if you stop and think you'll realize it's probably still within reason or makes sense for the game.

IGN voted SWTOR game of the year for 2011, it was live for about a week of that year. You cant really take much they say seriously. I like D3 but it has its issues, as all new games do.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Systam View Post
    10 hours on the whole game? damn i had 23 hours on my monk before i beat normal. Guess just shows that people who race complain more about time spent in game
    It took me 12 hours of /played to beat normal. And I explore EVERYTHING and destroy EVERY barrel.
    It's a good game. Not a 9.5, but definitely a good game. The only thing that phases me (class balance and such will be addressed, I'm certain of that) is the story. Some of it is, imo, poorly written. The pussyfication of Tyrael, the obnoxiousness of Cain as a character ("It has...BEGUN!") and the way he dies, the not so terrifying lord of terror (granted, I did like his model) and much more...
    Last edited by Legion; 2012-05-23 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    It took them 10+ Years to make diablo 3, Seriously 10 years for 4 Acts ?
    and yet in 5 days it was cleared up. very disappointing but better than AFKing in stormwind for me.

edit : i understand diablo is about grinding etc over and over, but 10 years they should've done more than this.

5 difficulty modes (1 optional) and im just playing the game over and over and over again, only the Elites are broken as hell for melee classes
    (seriously playing a barbarian just to leap stun run away Seismic Slam while my ranged partner does the damage isnt fun) bosses get higher hp and higher damage, nothing special and much easier than the elite mobs themselves.

And if u wanna solo Inferno mode as a barbarian. You will have to over gear it first.

i would give this game 10/10 for a Time Waste Game when you are just afking in SW like myself :P
    Also would give it WTF/10 for the time it took them to make this game to have this much content in it.
    and 0/10 in terms of class balance differences between Barbarians and Wizards/DemonHunters
    News flash. This Just In. A game was released alittle over a week ago and has some balance issues. Big fking deal. They're already fixing them. And the barbs who are bitching are the ones in D2 who went balls to the wall damage and didn't give 2 shits about survivability. I personally play with a barb and a monk in Inferno on my wizard and they do fine. You cant solo everything? Please refer to the numerous posts by blizzard stating this was mainly a multiplayer game.

Inb4 people bitch my wizards OP. I've never used the rune that enabled the 0vit build because i knew it was going to be nerfed.

Deleted
    Easily deserves a 9.5.

All I'm seeing here is the same people bitching over diablo as they did with wow. MMO-Champ is a haven for people to laugh at, with all their whining and crappy posts with no justification or evidence to defend their argument.

So they had a few problems on launch, was fixed pretty fast. Always online is fine too. I've had no lag, no bugs (Except 37 at launch, which i got around within the hour).
    Even the error 37 bug, happened in Wow cataclysm on launch night. Couldn't get on, went to bed.

I'm loving the game and have found 0 problems with it. Friends of mine feel the same and we're all avid gamers.

(ps, I know I'll get a warning for the word "bitching", but meh. If any of you 6 year old girls are insulted by my terminology, i suggest you search 4chan for a while. Bitching will seem like a phrase from the care-bears after that).

There is a lot of shitty games out there, so when you get your hands on something decent you give it 9/10 ... that's what D3 is. It's decent, fun, worth the money. But it's not 10/10 omg this game is godly.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maztech View Post
    Even the error 37 bug, happened in Wow cataclysm on launch night. Couldn't get on, went to bed.
    Didnt have any problems with cata launch night :P

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Exorsaik View Post
    News flash. This Just In. A game was released alittle over a week ago and has some balance issues. Big fking deal. They're already fixing them. And the barbs who are bitching are the ones in D2 who went balls to the wall damage and didn't give 2 shits about survivability. I personally play with a barb and a monk in Inferno on my wizard and they do fine. You cant solo everything? Please refer to the numerous posts by blizzard stating this was mainly a multiplayer game.

Inb4 people bitch my wizards OP. I've never used the rune that enabled the 0vit build because i knew it was going to be nerfed.
    A wizard soloed inferno mode , THERE is something wrong if it was "mainly a multiplayer game."
    I dont even believe that a wizard did solo inferno mode, and dont want to but if true then there is something wrong.

and why mention D2 ? irrelevant
    Last edited by Gamez; 2012-05-23 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    I sure as hell tried to log on 2 hours at Cata launch After it i thought they gona figure out that "damn thats not nice launch" and will provide decent launch for D3.. .but meeh... I still got in after only 45 mins of waiting in D3 so it was an "improvement"

Guys, you think they could do different Act locking in some patch? Like, you have all zone unlocked when you finish it once (quest wise) and then you can start game like in D2 - you just pick difficulity and portal wherever you want (and not be broken down by quests which is major turnover for me).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Nope, he still in Act 4 whines "omg its all in vain, you cant stop [spoiler] anymore, we are all dooooomed!" which is totally not what Tyrael used to be.
    Might want to actually pay attention to the quests you're doing. (the angel of) Hope was literally lost at that point. I think it makes all the more intriguing quest seeing as how the angels are paragons.

Don't really trust IGNs reviews either, but at this point I'd give it a 9-9.5 as well. When my carpal tunnel gets worse I might lower it to an even 9.

I'd personally give it a 9 after playing it, but IGN reviews are definitely suspect.

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 02:55 PM ----------

A wizard soloed inferno mode , THERE is something wrong if it was "mainly a multiplayer game."
    I dont even believe that a wizard did solo inferno mode, and dont want to but if true then there is something wrong.

and why mention D2 ? irrelevant
    Did you even read what i typed? The game has been out for a week. It is not perfectly balanced. WoW has been out for years and is not perfectly balanced. I mentioned D2 because alot of people went into this game with the mentality they had from D2 where going full on dps could be pulled off in high level play. There is nothing wrong with someone soloing Inferno mode. He didn't solo the game he solo'd Diablo. Diablo wasnt meant to be the most challenging. Thats like saying Baal was the hardest part of D2. If you've played the other games you'd know the Bosses/Final boss where never the hardest part of Any of the Diablo games. Nor where they the point of the game.

Each game has bugs at launch, thats why there are patches. D1 and D2 both had bugs that allowed you to PK in town, dupe, ect. Nothing is flawless until its been live for awhile.