Deleted

Hypnotic Dust in Mop

The question i am keep asking myself is: Will Hypnotic dust have a higher value in MOP?
    Just like Infinite Dust have right now. A stack on my server is around 150g. You think Hypnotic Dust will have the same value?
    Do u also think Greater Celestial Essence will go up aswell. You need around 100 of them to lvl up Enchanting for example and they can be quite hard to get, will probably be abit harder to get them in MOP so the price should go up on them aswell.
    U think the same as i do? If not, then why?

Asking this because i am currently stockpiling up items for MOP. Close to 5k hypnotic dust atm so :P. A higher value would be insane. Lets say they are on 100g stack = 5*5000= 25k gold. Pretty nice profit than seling them for 1g each.

If u have anything u are stockpiling up for Mop please share your "secrets"

im stacking hypnotic 2. Do u think i should sell them when people lvling theire monks in begining of mop or later on? like 1 year after release or so
    Last edited by nejozete; 2012-05-12 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rio94 View Post
    The question i am keep asking myself is: Will Hypnotic dust have a higher value in MOP?
    Just like Infinite Dust have right now. A stack on my server is around 150g. You think Hypnotic Dust will have the same value?
    Do u also think Greater Celestial Essence will go up aswell. You need around 100 of them to lvl up Enchanting for example and they can be quite hard to get, will probably be abit harder to get them in MOP so the price should go up on them aswell.
    U think the same as i do? If not, then why?

Asking this because i am currently stockpiling up items for MOP. Close to 5k hypnotic dust atm so :P. A higher value would be insane. Lets say they are on 100g stack = 5*5000= 25k gold. Pretty nice profit than seling them for 1g each.

If u have anything u are stockpiling up for Mop please share your "secrets"
    the reason why old world mats go up in price, even with reduced demand, is because of a reduced supply as well.

It would take a large chunk of time to move 5000 dusts even with people leveling alts.

Deleted
    I think a good way to look at it is this: the dust is completely worthless now - I have over 1500 (which isn't that much compared to some) from doing a small amount of ore crushing. So why would you sell it now for next to nothing when potentially it could be worth multiples of what it is going for currently? Imo it's worth taking the basically non-existent risk and sitting on it til MoP. A little patience goes a long way when you are trying to make money

Deleted
    It can't be worth any less

But I think it will go up a fair bit. There are always new players levelling enchanting and the supplies will be much lower so I think the price will go up. The essences even more so. Shards/Crystals probably not - since you don't need those for the levelling recipes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hypnotic dust is a long term investment, a lot of people will try to dump it the first couple of days of the expansion and the price will plummet, but this is just another opportunity to stock up. Once the market settles then start to trickle it out there and count your dollars. I have made a big profit from dust on every expansion and this one one will be no different. I currently buy hypno when it sells below 70s a piece and I'll start selling when it reaches 7g.
    I still currently buy huge amounts of items and de them for infinite dust to sell when the price rises on my server, but I'm making no where near the profit I did from the stock pile I once had.

Although there are other items I stock pile, dust is always a good investment as it is cheap to buy and will always rise in price.

Stockpiling it, cba to sell for 15g/stack when one essence goes for 50+...

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I too truly hope that Hypnotic Dust will show some increase in value. I think I'm up to 3 to 4 Guild Bank tabs full at least and it's just... erm... collecting dust... I hope if the value doesn't go up, they at least get a vendor price. I'd be more than happy to vendor a few stacks in all honesty to clear some space.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkaya View Post
    I too truly hope that Hypnotic Dust will show some increase in value. I think I'm up to 3 to 4 Guild Bank tabs full at least and it's just... erm... collecting dust... I hope if the value doesn't go up, they at least get a vendor price. I'd be more than happy to vendor a few stacks in all honesty to clear some space.
    You can vendor Hypnotic Dust?

I'm not willing to use up guild banks tabs for Hypnotic Dust, but the price crashed to less than 20 silver each on my server. I bought a ton and am content to resell now in small increments -- up to 20 dust per day - at 80 to 90 silver each.

Mostly I am stocking up on enchant mats for BoAs -- especially Essence of Air, Greater Eternal Essence, Large Brilliant Shards, Vision Dust, etc. My mining alt is stocking up on lower level ores (Copper, Tin, Silver, Truesilver, etc) and gems (Shadowgem, etc) for people that want to get a head start on power leveling professions. Otherwise I scan the AH for items at low prices that will be in demand for leveling Monks (leather gear with INT and AGI) and professions.

Deleted
    im not stacking hypnotic dust coz i dont have the room ive over stacked my gb with embersilk cloth tho all through the last 8 months of cata

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    It can't be worth any less

pretty much. ive been buying it for 5-10g per stack. although space is an issue if youre stockpiling shit on 1 account, sux.

Deleted
    My crappy server still has 5-8g for a single Hypnotic Dust on the AH, only sold by one or two players most of the time (they're probably buying out whoever undercuts them). About the same as Infinite Dust right now so when I'm not making enchants I'm just selling it. Can't ever be sure with prices like this =P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have so much Hypnotic Dust just from leveling 2 toons to 85. Plus it is so cheap on my server there is no point in selling it now.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Don't count on the prices going up so high until at least 8-9 months into the expansion if not more. Right now everyone is stockpiling it and more people are doing the shuffle atm then ever before.

Eventually yes for sure, but it will take a long time.
    1) people overload the market with mats they have
    2) people make Cata enchants for MoP leveling gear
    3) Green items from cata become cheaper and cheaper and thus disenchanted
    4) Less 77-79 Cata gear will be sold and thus enchanted for the first few months
    5) people start leveling alts again and especially pandas and monks or even wait for it..... panda monks! Alot of leveling gear/mats will come free
    6) At some point the MoP market will develop and stabilize, MoP prices will normalize and things like bags and starter raider gear will become available for players with some gold.
    7) At this point when we are a few months to one year (end of first tier, start of 2nd tier) Now the prices for the old mats will run up.

After this point people will more do Cata achievs and raids for their achievements
    If for some reason you have a bank full of mats you are unable to sell and you dont need the room i suggest you keep the mats. But in general i dont see a reason to save up on the mats.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will go up. A new race will be coming out, people will be leveling new characters, they will need this dust to help with their professions. But a loop might be that since so many people are leveling Monks/Panda's, the market could become flooded with the dusts and not go up as much as expected, but it will certainly go up from the rock bottom it is at right now lol.
    YouTube Channel. TTTT
    "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go went to do look more like."
    "just cuz u can't comrepehdnable the situational understand in to they of those that spoked to the point in understandable them and then comprehend what their said to them and until then dont spoke."

I thought I read that in MoP we would be able to convert our dusts into essences. I'm not sure if that is just for the new tier of mats, or if it will be implemented for all tiers.

(Also not even sure if I am remembering this correctly)

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 11:51 PM ----------

If that is the case, it might be worth it to stockpile hypnotics for that sole purpose.

I'm also mostly stockpiling at this time (selling when bank is full, still make a profit, as I did enchant/tailoring.)

Not really caring about enchanting Alts gear, so it makes it easier.

Keep in mind, ALL low level mats go up in price when a new X-pac launches (it was a pain leveling my skinner/leatherworker when Cata dropped, as I cba to skin three hundred mobs to get mats for low level LW recipes). I've seen low level mats (mainly copper, but some from enchanting) going for 100g a stack on my server at times, so keeping those dusts may prove profitable (step one: DE, step two: ?, step three: Profit)
    Link broken