Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New animations up!

Video on the front page I can't link right now but go check it out.

They're pretty sweet. It'll be nice for combustion to finally have an animation. Also, some of the new spells look awesome. What do y'all think?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

None of them are anything we haven't been able to see on youtube for weeks and I'm not a massive fan of the new Flamestrike but they're generally pretty good. Can't really complaing.
    I hope Frost Orb is still up for some work, I dislike how the bolts transition from 100% opacity to 0% capacity in a second rather than fading away over time.

Deleted
    Seems kind of lame.

Dissapointed. These new animations have been used before. Mages are masters of fire, ice and arcane, yet it doesnt show it. Mages need something visual based on our characters. Mages have alot of potential for some really good visual minor glyphs and animations. Instead mages get more polymorphs to fill up our minor glyph slots.
    Our armor spells need improvement visually.
    Our water elemental is outdated with newer versions avaliable such as Water revnants, cata elementals, mist elementals.
    Several primary spells are outdated. Firebolt, frostbolt Arcane blast and Pyroblast need some kind of visual effect that makes them unique to the spec.
    Our Aoes need some work. Blizzard needs to actually look like a Blizzard, not some rain of ice.
    Polymorph needs to be random critters as one spell, but has the option of selecting a critter to use like the portals. This would remove the polymorph minor glyphs and any future polymorphs added.
    Maybe changing the armor spells into stances( dk, warriors, druids, paladins) that offer a better buff for our specs.
    Giving mages some kind of unique power system, something i believe all classes need, something that sets each class apart.

Water Revenants, Cata's Elementals and Mist Elementals are all different things to Water Elementals though. Every Water Elemental ever depicted as a mage's minion has been the vaguely humanoid water ball we have now 0:
    A model update would be appreciated but I don't want to turn it into an entirely different animal.

I also don't know what you would call a Blizzard other than a rain of ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Water Revenants, Cata's Elementals and Mist Elementals are all different things to Water Elementals though. Every Water Elemental ever depicted as a mage's minion has been the vaguely humanoid water ball we have now 0:
    A model update would be appreciated but I don't want to turn it into an entirely different animal.

I also don't know what you would call a Blizzard other than a rain of ice.
    A blizzard is a windy severe snowstorm. A rain of ice is a hailstorm. I see no reason why a water elemental couldn't be any of the above mentioned models since they are all elementals. Water elemental is just a more general term.

Nether tempest is awesome.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    I must be the only one not impressed at all by anything but Nether Tempest. They seem like the same old basic animations we've been staring at for 7-8 years, save for 1 or 2.

edit: Luckily I'm not. I've been reading too many ecstatic Mage posts on the official forums with our 'new' animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    this^...10chars

Deleted
    As far as mages go, i am really dissapointet so far, i hope we get some cooler spells, we have had the worst looking armor since T3.... seems like we are always getting the least amount of thought put into it.

Deleted
    Well, exactly the same thoughts had Warlocks for the last two years

Our time will come.

Deleted
    Our time doesn't have to come since we're pretty ok where we are. But where animations are concerned, we must be the most boring spellcaster in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Isn't it just jumping arcane missiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Isn't it just jumping arcane missiles?
    Doesn't mean it doesn't look awesome as hell.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would like a new Fireball animation, kinda like they changed Shadowbolt for warlocks..It's fire mages most spammable spell, make it look cool!

Deleted
    Nether tempest is the only good looking spell in there especially when you have it on a few targets, arcane bees ftw.

If things go unchanged I will be benching my Mage in mop. I have no doubt that Mages will be powerful come the next expansion, but they are boring. If this were vanilla or BC then sure the level of engagement is fine but seeing other classes excel in the 'fun factor' with interesting mechanics and new/improved spell animations, I honestly cannot bring myself to play the class anymore. Blizz needs to add some spice and flavor into the class.

A new resource for mages would be awsome. Charging the mage up with energies of its spec to unlease 2-3 abilities. 1 defencive, 1 offencive and 1 debuff or buff. Can only use 1 ability per charge up.
    Frost:
    *Ice form-Increase armor by XX for 10 sec and prevents snares, fears, stuns, roots.
    *Icy Shards- Instant Cast. 15 sec Cooldown. Sends shards of ice from the ground in a cone in front of the caster, dealing XX damage to anyone caught in the range and snaring them in place for 2 Sec. ( Think Haggra in DS)
    *Snowstorm-enemies within %% yards of the mage have there attack speeds/casting speed slowed by XX% and there movement slowed by XX%. Lasts for XX Secs.
    Arcane:
    *Corpral form-The mage becomes corpral increasing the mages chances attacks will miss you by XX%, during this time the mages mana regenerates XX% faster.
    *Nether beam-Instant cast. 10 sec cooldown. The Mage targets an enemy and a beam of arcane energy hits the target dealing XX damage, and XX damage to anyone caught in the line of fire. The target then takes XX% additional damage from arcane spells for X seconds.
    * Arcane overload-The mage unleases raw arcane energy on a target, increasing arcane damage done to the target by XX% and dealing XX% arcane damage for X secs.
    Fire:
    * Afterburn- The mages fire spells consume the caster in fire. Enemies within XX yards take XX% fire dame and an additional XX% over 5 secs. During this time all fire spells do an addtional XX% to the target.
    * Flamethrower-Instant Cast. 15 Sec Cooldown. Sends flames from the caster in a cone in front of the caster dealing %% damage, and dealing a further %% damage over XX amount of time. Those caught in the line of fire also take damage.( think Abyssals in Well of eternety.
    * Bushfire-The mage unleases its energies into a massive bushfire. Fires will randomly spawn within XX yards of the caster. Those caught in a fire will take XX% fire damage. "Stay out of the fire"

Quote Originally Posted by Kerari View Post
    As far as mages go, i am really dissapointet so far, i hope we get some cooler spells, we have had the worst looking armor since T3.... seems like we are always getting the least amount of thought put into it.
    agree, our last tier of gear looked lame and the on before also. Though of a mage isn't how they keep depicting it

Quote Originally Posted by Krendishx View Post
    agree, our last tier of gear looked lame and the on before also. Though of a mage isn't how they keep depicting it
    I rather liked the Cataclysm tiers.