Deleted

Melee and elites Nightmare and beyond

So, to further avoid going all over Barbarians only, how does a Monk/Barbarian hold up against 4-5 Elite mobs with immunity spells, slows, annoying arcane-beams and best of all an incredible amount of speed?

For my monk, I have troubles landing "hits" when it comes to the immunitybubbles. I tend to kite them around in a circle, wait till my CD's are done then stun them ( blind ) and unleash hell. If they already are imuum to the blind I'm basicly screwed.

For Barbarian ( which is my main class and almost regretting ) gaining Fury @ lvl 47 is a tad annoying. The skill Unforgiving ( which makes your rage top out at 100 instead of 0 ) isn't available yet, and I'm beginning to get really annoyed with all my attacks getting imuum, or stuns don't last long enough to do a healthy amount of damage. WHich basicly only leaves me with 1-2 skills I can use much, which is a charge/stun + seismic blow.

Any tips for this melee playing person? Did I already said I am terribly annoyed by the state melee's are in?

Now don't throw the " lolol nightmare is easy L2P " because frankly my gear is very shit and I'm trying my best

Deleted
    You could try farming where you can for items to either sell or use, and buy some upgrades on the AH.

I share your opinion on melee's state - but it has bin like that since d1, imo. My personal choice has always bin melee warrior/barbarian so I keep on :>

You should start gearing +All resistance>vitality>strenght. Atleast it works for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monk is fine, Barbarian needs help. Currently finishing act 1 Hell on my Barbarian.

Build:
    1. Furious Charge w/ the rune that reduces the cd per enemy hit (The knockback provides some great underrated CC and has saved me multiple times, plus it hits hard and generates Fury
    2. Revenge w/ extra healing/Fury gen rune. Hits like a truck, massive clutch heal especially when solo.
    3. Earthquake w/ the rune that makes it free and reduces the CD. I don't lose damage and i have Fury to spend on Whirlwind during...
    4. Ground Stomp w/ the rune that doubles its radius and pulls enemies in. Works beautifully with Earthquake and Whirlwind plus generates Fury on a very manageable 12 second CD.

Primary: Frenzy with Sidearm Rune (Adds a nice AOE component while keeping the massive single target DPS)
    Secondary: Whirlwind with Hurricane rune (Allows me to move at my movespeed during WW. I don't crit nearly enough for Blood Funnel to be worth it.)

This build works due to the massive amount of control and surplus Fury I can get. I dual wield 1handed swords and use Weapon Mastery, Blood Thirst (10% life steal total, goes very well with Revenge and Whirlwind during Stomp stun.)

I tried a crit build in which I had almost 100% uptime on 45.5% crit with a crit chance piece of gear and self buffs. This worked until about act III Nightmare. Simply wasn't able to take enough of a hit, and I didn't have much CC due to having to use 2 ability slots on Revenge and Overpower.

However in a co-op game, I'm there either for soaking damage til death so the DH and Wizard can finish the mobs off, or just kiting and until ground stomp's cooldown is done. I've heard that it's a good idea that, starting with NM Act IV, to start stacking defensive stats. That's cool, since it wouldn't reduce my ability to stun, but I don't know that I agree that should be necessary. No one else seems to have to. Barbs simply need help.
    Last edited by Aurinax; 2012-05-23 at 02:05 PM.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

I haven't tried looking into/building a gear set that revolves around bleed damage, but how possible do you think this would be to help deal with fast/teleporting/etc. mobs? You could dish out some melee damage and then end with a powered up rend before the stun wears off to help spread some damage on the mobs that get out of reach.

Speaking from a barb POV obviously.
    Last edited by Barawr; 2012-05-23 at 02:50 PM. Reason: barb only

I'm doing totally fine in nightmare with my monk...It's easy, however, I don't know how hell is going to be.