Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ventrilo vs. Mumble vs. TS

Since late TBC where I went from TS to Ventrilo, I've actually never used anything but Ventrilo. But lately I had to get both Mumble and TS for various reasons and it really felt like Mumble just had a much better sound quality. That said, it did crash at least once and I've heard people talking about, how this is the main problem with Mumble. Don't really think TS stood out in any way, but I'm curious if anyone else have experience with all 3 voice mods?

Edit: Wish I knew how to add a poll?
    Last edited by mmoc3a262a3a21; 2012-05-23 at 01:23 PM.

Mumble never crashes for me and it's the best sound quality and lowest latency of all of them.

Agreed. I've been using mumble for 2 years now and never had any problems with it. Sound and latency are very good.

Deleted
    The guild I'm in now uses mumble, the previous guild used both TS and vent, I much prefer Mumble.

Mumble is excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    From experience with all 3, mumble wins with lowest latency. Using it atm.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Deleted
    Ive been using TS for years never had a problem with it never had any reason to change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Ive been using TS for years never had a problem with it never had any reason to change.
    If you've never tried the others you cant say which is best, now can you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Use ventrillo for years but swapped to teamspeak because someone had a free server for my guild.
    Used mumble once, the sound quality is definatly better than TS or VT. I believe VT is so popular due to its low CPU/memory usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    If you've never tried the others you cant say which is best, now can you?
    He didn't. Just said he never had a reason to try the others meaning his opinion of Teamspeak is that it is very reliable and good enough to not look elsewhere

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried them all and I must say Mumble is the best. Since I'm always in skype with a healer in the raid I never hear him twice because of latency in mumble like I've always done in TS and Vent

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Since late TBC where I went from TS to Ventrilo, I've actually never used anything but Ventrilo. But lately I had to get both Mumble and TS for various reasons and it really felt like Mumble just had a much better sound quality. That said, it did crash at least once and I've heard people talking about, how this is the main problem with Mumble. Don't really think TS stood out in any way, but I'm curious if anyone else have experience with all 3 voice mods?

Edit: Wish I knew how to add a poll?
    Try clicking on "Thread Tools". If I don't remember wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    I have used ventrilo since CS1.5 and most of my WoW guilds used Ventrilo as well. During my brief spell of playing EVE I had to use teamspeak though. I prefer VT over TS. I have no experience with mumble.

At the moment I pretty much only use skype. No longer play WoW and all my RL friends are also on Skype (I play D3 with them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Used vent for about 7 years, probably will continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

We're on Vent because somebody has a server and TS was outright awful...

I wanted Mumble because it's open source, but meh.

Used Vent for years because it was the de-facto choice of most guilds on my server. Earlier this year our guild went to Shivtr for hosting and they offer a Mumble Server as part of their premium package so we flipped to Mumble. Loved the sound quality; hated everything else. Setting up Mumble compared to setting up Vent is just a ridiculous endeavor.

Our mumble server crashed a lot too but I attribute that more to Shivtr than the Mumble application.

Cant say much about VT and mumble as im using them only for puging parties that dont use TS3. From the admin point i thing TS server can handle almost anything you wish because there are just ton of server functions and options for everything. Our guild hosts TS for 3 guilds and the superb management TS offers just make every other system i have been using a lot worse. VT server specially is hard to setup...

the Voice quality i think they are equal and that strongly depends on the codec you use for that. Never had any latency issue with TS unless it was my internet connection problem.

Deleted
    Mumble because you can easily link pictures..

I've used them all and personally I like ts3 the most and mumble the least. Mumble is really annoying with updates and requires alot of setup, in ts3 and vent you just log on and you're good, but tbh all 3 are fine products its just personal preference which one you like and which one you dont