Cool Dream of Cenarius - Why the hate?

Am I the only person who think's this talent looks great? Most reviews I read of the talent go something along the lines of this:

Dream of Cenarius -
    Meh, again I don't like this. Having to spend the 2+ seconds to cast starfire to buff my next healing spell by 30% on a 30 second cooldown seems very weak to me. Boomkins spend 2+ seconds casting healing touch to increase their next damage spell by 70%. Seems awesome but do the math and if you cast another spell (i.e wrath/starfire) during the 2 seconds it would end up being a dps loss. In PvP, you cast a heal on yourself and your "Burst" you prepared for really was a downfall because the 2 seconds you weren't bursting that person, yeah they healed up. Ferals, you need to spend the time casting the spell, another GCD to get back into your form, then you can do damage. This talent is an utter waste. Scrap it =/

But seem to be completely missing the point of the talent. The idea of this talent isn't that you use a healing spell to buff your damage abilities (Feral / Balance) or cast a damage spell to buff your healing (Resto); the idea is that it buffs your out of role spell usage.

As a Feral I'll almost always have this buff up during combat, increasing my next heal by 70%. Combine that with, for example, Nature Swiftness + Glyph of Cat Form and you've got 70% + 50% + 20% bonus to your Healing Touch! I'm not sure how that will math out but it's somewhere between a 100% to 200% increase on your heal.

Balance will similarly be able to toss out the odd heal thats significantly more powerful than usual (even better now they can cast some healing spells in Boomkin). Resto get buffed spell damage woven in with their healing (70% extra damage on Hurricane during an AoE dmg phase anyone?). As for Guardians....ok yeah it sucks for Guardians.

Basically it brings back a lot of the versatility to Druids. HoTW lets you switch rolls for 45 seconds every 6 min. DoC lets you switch rolls for a single spell almost whenever you want.

Deleted
    I can understand that Boomkins are a little sceptic to this ability.

As a guardian, combining this talent with Nature's Swiftness is going to be awesome, and make us more in tune with self-healing tanks such as Blood DKs

15+ Year Old Account
    from a healing POV it does seem a little pointless but its offering burst healing, but to get it I have to spend time casting a damaging spell, in which time I could have just cast another heal which would end up doing more than the 70% extra heal...

I appreciate that its opening up a bit more hybrid options, but realistically in raids I'm there to heal, I doubt anyone will be counting on my dps . . .

natures vigil still seems far superior for a PVE resto IMO

Wrath, Starfire, Starsurge, and melee abilities increase healing done by your next healing spell by 70%. Tranquility is not affected.
    Main point why a Boomkin would avoid it. If you end up tossing other heals in a raid, means there is something seriously wrong going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Main point why a Boomkin would avoid it. If you end up tossing other heals in a raid, means there is something seriously wrong going on.
    I'd argue that the ability to throw out a powerful heal occasionally would be useful specifically when things are going seriously wrong.

From a PvE point of view the talent is lacking vs the other two only in that it doesn't really buff your primary role slightly along with offering increased hybridisation. I'd still consider it useful but it probably needs something similar to the HoTW 5% stats buff.

From a PvP point of view though, it's my favourite. Largely because of it's synergy with the T2 talents and (for Feral) Predatory Swiftness.

Alot of people see the talent as, "I have to do something outside of my primary role to buff my primary role" when it should be looked at as "While i'm doing my primary role, I have a small buff that can assist in another role when plausible"

Nontheless outside of PvP it's still a pretty worthless talent. A boomkin should never be casting a single target heal during a raid, and if they do it should be on themselves and should either be Renewal or an HT with NS. The damage a resto druid would be able to do with this talent is pretty lackluster as well, so they might as well just keep healing and let the Disc priest and mistweaver monks damage the boss for healing purposes.

Deleted
    It is very much a PvP talent so dps can do a stronger heal when needed over anything else (maybe PvE for a resto for a down phase in healing so you let off a 'big' hitting spell.)

15+ Year Old Account
    orginialy it didnt work on instant cast heals wich made it kinda less desireable for ferals. but now that it does work on NS + HT i do see its uses, an extra heal for tanks, especialy now the heal from disenatanglement is gone.

but not sure if i want to spend 2 talent on that heal every 1 minute

i think renewal or cenarion ward seems more desireable
    i do wonder will cenarion ward or renawal count as healing spells and thus be 30% more effective? that be intresting
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2012-05-24 at 07:44 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

For a feral druid pve it is utter crap. I don't like blizz trying to force me into being a lesser version of a healer for 30 secs. If your healers in the raid are that bad you would need a dps to do this, time to get better healers. Same goes for HOTW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Currently, when we go in and farm H Baleroc, our Boomkin heals the tank for the first shard while our 2 healers build stacks. This would increase thier damage of thier next spell by 30%. Of course, thats for one spell only.

Dream of Cenarious should stack up to, say, 10 stacks. Thus, for a fight like Spine, we can cast healing spells while the dps requirement is low, and then be able to burst fairly nicely for when we need to burst, and then cast more healing spells that are all powered, and then repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Shoo, this isn't the place for that.
    Last edited by Ravenesss; 2012-05-26 at 04:45 PM.

I would remove that quote :P

Deleted
    As a balance druid I see it as a potential talent for me in pvp. I will dps anyway and throw heals when I need them. Its not like that you have to do something out of your role. You choose it if your playstlye is similar to mine: drop heals sometime. If you play like that, you will gain the occasional extra big heals and it will make up for the lost dps time by making your next damage stronger.