Religions and religious fanatics

*Disclaimer*
    This is not aimed at any group in particular and tho this subject is always prone to turn into a flame fest please keep it as civil as possible

-------------------

I'll start off by saying i am a "spiritual" person and do not follow any religions, i believe in a bigger power or being exists in my own way if you may, but i respect others who do follow a religion and their beliefs.

However, what bothers me about fanatics is when they try to drill into others, particularly ME how wrong i am for not following their religion or beliefs and how i will burn in eternal hell if i dont follow THEIR belief...and this to an extent applies not only to fanatics but to the average religious/church goer person that i have ever met...

when they speak to me about god i feel im talking to a cars salesman doing his played out sales pitch...more annoying is the fact that when trying to engage these people in a somewhat logical conversation about why their belief is better than mine they have absolutely nothing to back up things like god existence or stuff like that other than the bible for example...The bible or any other religious book are books written by men just like game of thrones for example...So, as i asked someone who engaged me in such conversation today "If any time i ask you why you believe this and why you believe that you will say well the bible says it, then am i supposed to believe Elune also exist and cite warcraft books to base those beliefs on?"

So is the bible or koran or the book of joseph smith the only thing religious people have to back their beliefs? someone please enlighten me

My life for Aiur.

OT: Yeah that's why its called faith you just believe stuff even if there is no proof.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Sorry, but religion is a forbidden topic. Closing this.