Guard kills rewarding honor on Beta...

I just read this on the front page and thought it was really interesting. This could bring back World PVP from its grave. Then again there needs to be a solution to keep players from farming guards.

What do you think? DISCUSS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilhealz View Post
    I just read this on the front page and thought it was really interesting. This could bring back World PVP from its grave. Then again there needs to be a solution to keep players from farming guards.

What do you think? DISCUSS
    That it's a bad idea.

Discussion over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope this is not Blizzard's way of saying:

Now you can venture into the world, kill any guild you see in a settlement, and earn honour!!!! World PvP is fixed.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We don't want to encourage people to "farm" guards. It's a bit counter to the purpose of world PvP. If it helps, we have some information we're putting together for you. It will go into a bit more about our plans for PvP in Mists of Pandaria that we'll share with you before much longer though.
    Posted yesterday.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5151269734#13

I thought it was a cool idea. As it is getting Honor is either horrid for the people you get in the BG with because you have no res or trivial because those with res don't need it.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    That it's a bad idea.

Discussion over.
    It's not a bad idea, worked like a charm back in the olden days (@ faction leaders giving honor).

Do want dishonor re-implemented
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    It's not a bad idea, worked like a charm back in the olden days (@ faction leaders giving honor).

DKs (Dishonourable Kills, for the newer players) stopped PuG world PvP. If they made it killing blows, or made it so every quest mob, auctioneer etc wasn't attackable (I would prefer this, at least you don't have to wait for respawns), then sure.

Deleted
    I think it could be interesting. Definite potential to spark more world pvp. Particularly in the new zones where people are leveling, farming, doing dailies etc.

I can't honestly see people being able to farm any great amount of honour from guards anyhow.

I think it would work fine if they did it right.

Like, you could only get honor for guards within you level, so like level 20s or whatever can kill guards in a level 20 town.

Max level people should only be able to kill guards in capital cities for honor. Otherwise they would just farm honor in some random nowhere place. If it is farming guards at a capital city, it is fine since it would result in actual PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post

Dishonor is a good way to make people never want to random world PvP again. I'm still stunned they let both that and the original honor system go live, but well, it was a different time back then.

Anyway, OT, it sounds like a good idea, in conjunction with other changes they're hopefully making. I don't think just making guards give honor is going to fix much of anything on its own though.

Deleted
    even if the guards do give honor it will be lik 3-7 honor points dnt expect to get 100+ hp for a kill

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 10:08 AM ----------

to make world pvp viable they need to make like aworld event based on raiding another factions city