Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
LastLast
  1. #261
    Pandaren Monk Myz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    a bit bland compared to deathwing laying an egg in stormwind however it is nice and peacefull and i like the leaves floating past :S
    You mean staring at the horrible Deathwind model?

    When I'm looking at the other Aspects, they look amazing. Deathwing looks like he was modeled by a infant.

    I love how Inabu infers gameplay related factors from his subjective assessment of the login screen.

  2. #262
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    You mean staring at the horrible Deathwind model?

    When I'm looking at the other Aspects, they look amazing. Deathwing looks like he was modeled by a infant.

    I love how Inabu infers gameplay related factors from his subjective assessment of the login screen.
    That's actually exactly what I didn't do. If you bothered to read the post, you'd know that.

  3. #263
    Stood in the Fire Cipero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    389
    I think this is pretty baller in comparison to the previous login screens. In my mind, a login in screen should be what it is, an entrance into the game... and with this they have done that. With cata and wrath login screens, you were confronted by bosses which was cool I guess, but didn't really leave any mystery as to what you are stepping into. This, I feel does that.

    On a side note, it's just a login screen so it really wouldn't make a difference to me either way. Giving that 'entrance' design does however give an epic feeling of upcoming adventure.

  4. #264
    That music.....the only thing that ever makes me want to go back to WoW

  5. #265
    Brewmaster Constraint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,279
    Love the music, as always. Good job on that front. Utterly woeful log-in screen, in my humble opinion. Obviously it screams LotR Pillars of the Kings with inferior/different graphics, but that's not really the point. As far as epic/mystery goes, they could have chosen so much better. Color-wise, awful, no way am I looking forward to gazing at that every day for the next 2 years. Almost zero chance it'll be changed, obviously, but here's to hoping.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    Best login since Vanilla/BC
    My sentiments exactly.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM/Surv Gekkani - Disc/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost/Fire Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Demo/Destro Yin - WW

  7. #267
    no way this will be the final login screen

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You know what would be nice?

    Just a few cloud serpents drifting through the sky in the distance every now and again.
    Wow.
    You just blew my mind.

    Please go suggest this on the official forums, immediately.
    If you chose rock as a weapon, in order to beat a pair of scissors, don't start whining when you get pwn'd by a piece of paper.

  9. #269
    Nice Log-on Screen but it still doesn't beat the Lich King screen...

  10. #270
    It definitely lacks a meditating panda somwhere around the center, and those statues are ugly, but overall I can live with that.

  11. #271
    Grunt
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    14
    MOP-Release... let me log in... nah bro.. 2 days after release... "let's play the awesome new addon.."... oh.. nic.. wait! I can't login because ALL THE SERVERS are down due maintenance full login-servers messages spam.. that is the point you gonna hate that (idd very nice) login-screen.. =)

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Love the music, as always. Good job on that front. Utterly woeful log-in screen, in my humble opinion. Obviously it screams LotR Pillars of the Kings with inferior/different graphics, but that's not really the point. As far as epic/mystery goes, they could have chosen so much better. Color-wise, awful, no way am I looking forward to gazing at that every day for the next 2 years. Almost zero chance it'll be changed, obviously, but here's to hoping.
    Never been to the Valley of the Kings in Loch Modan then?

    Personally I like it, it's very in type with the aesthetic of the Xpac. It conveys a sense of mystery and of the forbidden and the inwardness of the race, after all they have been basically out of the loop for thousands of years and chose this lifestyle, why not put two big statues in place saying "Stay out!".

    Then again if this is your argument for not gettin the expansion or if you're just here to QQ, good for you, I'm sure you'll enjoy qqing from the sidelines for YEARS to come.

  13. #273
    this is by far the worst out of all the previous login screens

  14. #274
    Pandaren Monk Myz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    That's actually exactly what I didn't do. If you bothered to read the post, you'd know that.
    Says a lot about the direction of WoW; while I won't say that gameplay is slipping - obviously it's not, a lot of people still love to play - but for the story aspect, it's now picking through a mire of humdrum new enemies and storylines to find the few interesting scraps. The MoP login screen makes Pandaria look, to me, uninteresting and not worth renewing to play through.

    _______

    Yeah. You did not connect your opinion on the login screen to the direction of WoW and its gameplay. At all. Obviously. My mistake. Or do you mean to say that you play WoW because of the mesmerizing storyline that permeates everything we do in the game?

  15. #275
    I love the new login screen. I think it looks very nice and simple.

  16. #276
    Pandaren Monk 3DTyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Aether
    Posts
    1,798
    love it, nice, peaceful... best of all, NO FREAKIN' DRAGON!

  17. #277
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Says a lot about the direction of WoW; while I won't say that gameplay is slipping - obviously it's not, a lot of people still love to play - but for the story aspect, it's now picking through a mire of humdrum new enemies and storylines to find the few interesting scraps. The MoP login screen makes Pandaria look, to me, uninteresting and not worth renewing to play through.

    _______

    Yeah. You did not connect your opinion on the login screen to the direction of WoW and its gameplay. At all. Obviously. My mistake. Or do you mean to say that you play WoW because of the mesmerizing storyline that permeates everything we do in the game?
    I'm just curious, are you really illiterate or just being intellectually dishonest in denying the existence of the sentence immediately following the first bolded part there?

    I made it pretty clear that while I don't think that WoW's gameplay is slipping in quality - it's as good as it's ever been, as far as I know (I assume nothing has changed since I stopped subscribing a few months ago). That was this bit:

    while I won't say that gameplay is slipping - obviously it's not, a lot of people still love to play
    In case you missed it, here it is again:

    while I won't say that gameplay is slipping - obviously it's not, a lot of people still love to play


    And yes, as a former PvP buff, since battlegrounds sucked after BC and Cataclysm failed to offer anything quite so fun as Wintergrasp (Tol Barad remains a joke), the main reason I, personally, played WoW was for the story. It's the same reason I play most RPGs, I enjoy the story - and I'm not exactly alone in this. What I'm saying about the login screen is that it's symbolic, for me at least. The story is dull and uneventful, like this login screen. The enemies are boring, like the Mogu statues depicted. I can't begin to express how tragic it is to have boring enemies as the main focus of an expansion - this extends to the Sha, too.

  18. #278
    looks very cute

  19. #279
    I love the art work, good job blizzard.

  20. #280
    I love the slight throwback in the music to the vanilla login theme

    Oh nostalgia...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •