Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snookiee View Post
    Alright, first night of attempts report:
    We got to the 3rd plate a couple times, but died pretty quickly. Our problem is what I expect most groups encounter, the bloods. During the second plate the number is already getting really out of hand. I may be mistaken, but aren't our options to stack up with raid CDs and kill them or to roll once or twice on every plate?

Edit: a quickie, is heroic cunning very good or very dangerous for this fight? Our balance druid has that and the 403 int trinket, which should he swap for a valor trinket?
    Do you soak any residue during rolls ?
    Cause to many bloods on 2nd plate shouldnt happen tbh.
    You should casually aoe the bloods at certain points (keeping in mind ppl's hp and debuffs) and you want them to die in a stream and not multiple ones at the same time (they respawn, and i find it easier to keep em off healers if they come dont come 15 at once)

When we roll:
    1st plate once 3 algamations is up.
    1st plate after first burn, soaking up all residue.
    2nd plate opens, kill corruptions, soak all residue.
    3rd plate when algamations are up, soak much as you can.

Cunning can be dangerous if it procs at bad times (like when you aoe down bloods, ppl got searing and you kill a couple bloods with the proc making ppl die.)
    Or if you stand close to a low corruption and it procs, killing it early.

I also recommend Against kiting bloods, its not necessary and usually just cause non tank deaths from aggro.

Agree with the non-kite method. As long as you are "soaking" up some of the dead bloods with amalgs right before the rolls, tanks should be fine during third plate, without needing to kite.

Have the bear tank be the blood tank. Bears can keep AoE aggro far better than a Prot Pally, and the bear tank I run with has commented that he dodges most of the slime hits anyways. As a healer I can tell you the damage on him is really negligible with 20-30ish slimes on 3rd plate. Just have the heals stand with the blood tank basically through the entire fight, that way he can just swipe/thrash and grab them back. A few Salvs can help here also.

You should be able to rotate Healing/Tank CD. SLT and maybe bear four piece for rolls (maybe AW from holy pal also), Barrier and resto-sham 4 piece for one of the amalgs, Favor+ Aura Mastery and prot pally 4 piece for the other? It doesn't have to be specifically like that, but you should be able to spread them out.

The benefits of getting off plates in one lift are far fewer bloods to deal with and less health debuff on the raid to deal with. Every time an amalg dies, the entire raid loses 5% of its maximum health. Traditionally this would mean 30% less maximum health at the end of the fight, but if you are only killing 5 (or less) than the healing gets much easier at the end, again. Some guild drop to two healers because of this, but this strategy works best if you are getting at least one plate off in one lift. Two healers is also a bit tricky if you get unlucky with dispells.

In terms of speccing and reforging specifically for this fight...I would suggest it if you are trying to get plates off in one lift. If you stick with 2-2-2 lift method, I dont see the need to spec or reforge specifically, as you should be fairly easily getting tendons in two lifts.

Edit: and yes, drop cunning for this fight, you dont want bloods getting killed by random uncontrollable aoe. All dps should have the valor trinket if you are doing 2-2-2, preferably with the stacking normal spine trinket of their primary stat. If you do fewer lifts, the valor trinket may not be ready for each lift, so some casters use the moonwell chalice, and the FL rep trinks are also an option since they have strong on use effects with short CDs.
    Last edited by Meejum; 2012-05-24 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've used the tanking the bloods method since our first kill, never kited them.
    Because of this strat (and the fact that our spriest finally decided to stop using cunning)I managed to rank 60th on H spine last night.
    As for your blood overrunning on the 2nd plate, i don't even understand how that's possible.. even if you don't aoe and soak and roll after the first tendon you should be no-where near overrun. Overrun is tanking 30+ bloods with 3 spawning per second, and even that is no problem whatosever for me. if you're getting that on the second plate, theres something seriously seriously wrong.

Regardless refer to my original post regarding what you should be doing on rolls, you need to aoe bloods, soak the residue and roll with major cooldowns.

Edit: If you want some logs to compare to, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j24r0aa9ujb513fe/
    I also threw in our madness kill log if you wanted to take a look at that. Always a good idea to prepare ahead of time.
    Looks like I ranked on H madness too.. baller
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-05-24 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Edit: If you want some logs to compare to, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j24r0aa9ujb513fe/
    I also threw in our madness kill log if you wanted to take a look at that. Always a good idea to prepare ahead of time.
    Looks like I ranked on H madness too.. baller
    Clever stealthbragging logs lol, but i beat you, on both fights ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Clever stealthbragging logs lol, but i beat you, on both fights ;p
    Guilty as charged. Also, FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

was wondering today, how challenging would it be to 2 heal your first kill if it meant 3x1 lifts? I'm guessing insanely hard but wanted some input.

10+ Year Old Account
    was wondering today, how challenging would it be to 2 heal your first kill if it meant 3x1 lifts? I'm guessing insanely hard but wanted some input.
    Considering you would have 1 healer dispelling on rolls and only one actually healing, I'm assuming it would be the most painful thing imaginable.
    I've only ever 3healed it, so i can't say for certain.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    If your dps can pull it off then probably a lot easier, but if they can't one shot the first lift without lust/pots then I wouldn't bother, it will be a major hassle towards the end if you only manage to one shot one of the tendons using lust/pots.

I doubt any guild is gonna be able to do 3x1 lifts on their first kill at this point in game, unless they run some weirdo comp or they've just come back from retirement or something.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-06-01 at 11:28 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is all great information to have read my Raid group will be doing H Spine tomorrow night and we look forward to implementing a lot of these suggestions.