Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, in hell I was forced to skip some before I got geared up better so yeah I think it's normal to have to skip some bad combo rares+.

Depends on your hero. From a Barbs' point of view. You will have to skip certain packs till you get gear, eventually you will be able to do any elite combo in act 1. Act 2 is a huge step up, again gearing up, skipping some eilites till you get stronger.

Pick out elite packs you can kill and kill those. Ignore ones you can't kill and take the long way of needed. If they're blocking your way completely, just leave and remake.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    Diablo 3 is not like Diablo 2 in that you farm bosses over and over for loot. They have said several times that champion packs and rares is where the best loot comes from, and that's why they are harder than bosses. The Nephalem Valor buff is an extension of this, to most optimally farm for loot you kill 5 difficult champion packs and then you kill a boss.

Blizzard said that they intended for Inferno to be soloable. Some classes were able to get extremely far very quickly because of unintended overpowered abilities, but those have been nerfed and they aren't getting quite as far now.
    Sure they nerfed them NOW, but the fact that they have already done it and are geared as hell pisses me off, it put me off the game knowing someone got the easy way out and could farm and make millions in profit and gear all their other characters =(

10+ Year Old Account
    I mainly skip the mortar, molten packs.

Molten + Vortex + w.e + w.e are the worst, they just suck you in and insta death from the molten on the ground.
    Sometimes I'll just kite them away from the way i need to go and run past them the next death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Class? For a barb that's normal, for ranged you can kill them all with clever use of skills and terrain
    I am a Witch Doctor and I have to skip packs as well. Extra Fast, Mortar, Minion Immune, Vampiric (or Mortar, Vortex, Arcane, Frozen) is near impossible for me.

Deleted
    Try Wrath of the Berserker with Insanity rune, Earthquake and Ignore Pain with Ignorance is Bliss rune. You can kill elites and rares rather quickly that way. (You'll still have to skip the packs with shielding tho)
    Last edited by mmoc68ceb3652c; 2012-05-24 at 06:07 AM.

It's 'normal' but it shouldn't be. They didn't test this garbage inferno at all and the gear you would need to stand your ground with these mobs literally DOES NOT EXIST.

Deleted
    Immun Minion should be reconsidered, at least they should make them ccable by removing the shield and just giving them insane amount of hp/regen. Currently with my gear, even with proper kiting and 0 death there is no way I can kill a Immun Minion champion before enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    I am that point in the game where Hell mode no longer offers me a challenge. I don't feel like I am going to get any better equipment from Hell mode. I ran Diablo like 12+ times today, and he did not drop a single upgrade.

I went to Inferno Mode, and I had no problem following the Act, and played up through the Skeleton King. I did not have any problems with the Skeleton King either. However, there are a lot of Elite Champion packs that I have to skip altogether. Is this normal for a lot of players?
    Yes, currently, rare/champion packs are harder than bosses, on Inferno. They can have completely random combinations, along with an already present latent ability (for instance you could get Arcane Enchant, Horde, Vortex, Molten, and the mob could passively have Jailer, giving it a 5th random ability).

On top of that, for any pack they have an 'enrage timer', where if you wind up dying and running back quickly enough to keep the pack's HP from reseting, they stay in in the same combat, and their 'enrage timer' keeps ticking, eventually the mobs will put up a DoT debuff that will just kill you even faster, forcing you to reset the pack, and waste even more time trying, or just resetting the chapter all together.

So yes, on Inferno, you will have to skip/avoid/game reset multiple rare and champ packs. You can spend 45 minutes kiting a boss around his room until you win, but you take longer than 3 minutes to kill that rare pack and you can get fucked. Or so that's how it seems anyway.

Enrage timers belong in MMOs, not action RPGs.
    Last edited by Illunis; 2012-05-24 at 08:28 AM.

Deleted
    Thing is:

They always stated the best loot would come from the champion/elite packs
    They also stated that it is intended that you go back and farm for weeks if needed to get the gear for Inferno
    We're only 1 week into the game

People always complain when things drop dead in the first week in an mmo. So why complain if it might take you a month of farming to get through this?

edit: oh I also think the AH is to blame there, people buy gear from people further ahead in the content and then complain that when they get there those mobs don't drop upgrades. Personally I won't buy anything of the AH, no point in ruining the game for yourself.

Deleted
    I skip like 20% of the packs, I had a pack of ghosts ( those that teleport ) in act 1. with vortex , arcane ench, extra hp and couldnt kite it

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Class? For a barb that's normal, for ranged you can kill them all with clever use of skills and terrain

Fast, horde, invurnable, most of thoes combo's rapes wizards no matter what.

Deleted
    In Nightmare still, and just...Arcane Sentries ;-;

Yes. Some combinations are really not worth the time.

Deleted
    I am now forced in hell due to an impossible vampiric plagued mob. Try that solo...

Quote Originally Posted by Svinder View Post
    I remember in D2 there have been champion packs that were totally broken, extrafast, extrastrong, and some others, on the guys in act5 with the two axes... but even normal mobs were skipped thanks to a teleporting sorc, souls! nobody wanted to face 10+souls, they just killed everything on hell...
    so i dont think that it is all that bad at our current gear that not all rare packs can be killed
    No they didn't, just get a Thundergods Vigor and Storm Shield and make sure you have all resistances up to 170+ so you can survive even during aura's.

Deleted
    As a barbarian in act 1 inferno, the only REAL problem I have is shielding.

As a melee, have fun with Dervish type elites who have plagued, molten or desecrated, and jailor, and whatever. My worst combo with them was back in Hell act 2, where I was in one of the sand tombs and got a Dervish rare with plagued + jailor + invulnerable minions.

(Monk btw, so I do have some escapes, but still)