Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    The US isn't Spider-man thanks for the quote without citation.

Our, responsibility shouldn't be to force people to act like we do, but rather set the example of how to act.
    Honestly, US or not, we should all have a duty as the human race to make sure our civilization is on the same page, not 100 years backwards or in shit conditions.

Cheesy or not, there is a point where any nation should step in and stop it, not like it wouldn't be hard.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    When something happens all you'll hear from the south koreans is "you broke down my shitty wall!"

Deleted
    You don't understand how North Korea works. It's like this, North Korea threatens south Korea and then tells its people "look, they were so scared they didn't even respond". There was one time South Korea actually did respond, but by now they're bored of the North Korea and just ignore them unless they launch nukes to test them or something.

Despite what you think, even with the amount of brainwashing in North Korea, there still needs to be a constant reminder to the people why the regime is good, and they do this by threatening other countries, from USA to South Korea to trick the people into beliving they're superheroes.

Deleted
    How much do we actually know about North Korea that is actually factual? I see the country mocked often, despite it having the potential to be a formidable threat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    North Korea is participating in the most atrocious war crimes since the Holocaust, read about North Korean political prison camps. In a nutshell the NK government imprisons entire families for three generations if one member of the family tries to flee NK or participates in anti-regime activities. In said camps rape, murder, starvation, and slave labor are rampant issues. Most prisoners are born in these camps and die by age 40, from starvation and over working.

We said we wouldn't turn a blind eye after Nazi Germany's atrocities but it is already too late, we must act. North Korea would be incapable of waging a war faster than Iraq during Desert Storm, unfortunately China has a hidden agenda.
    Are you in the armed forces? If not, you should have no say in the matter. I for one do not want to risk my life or the lives of my men for those crazy bastards. If north Korea wants to be free then they can do it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    It's always a bluff. They aren't actually capable of... anything, actually. Their military is beyond a joke. "But they have the highest military spending as percentage of GDP in the world!"
    Shut up. When was the last time you saw North Korea's GDP? 99% of nothing is still nothing. They are using technology that the 1950's US military would have called garbage.
    They are certainly capable of destroying Seoul and crazy enough to do it... The country would be flattened within hours of first attack but Seoul would probably be too...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They are kinda the chihuahuas of Asia. They yip and make a lot of noise act big and strong, then run and hide or quit at the first sign of any real response.
    hahahaha this is the best definition of North Korea I've ever read. XD

Plus, NK threatened to reduce SK to ashes several weeks ago. O_o Not one week ago....

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Cheesy or not, there is a point where any nation should step in and stop it, not like it wouldn't be hard.
    Yes, this is true, BUT, the US has been doing this shit for the past 100~ years, it's someone else's fucking turn now. Give our military and people a fucking break already. God damn.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    hahahaha this is the best definition of North Korea I've ever read. XD

Plus, NK threatened to reduce SK to ashes several weeks ago. O_o Not one week ago....

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 11:45 AM ----------

Yes, this is true, BUT, the US has been doing this shit for the past 100~ years, it's someone else's fucking turn now. Give our military and people a fucking break already. God damn.
    Include the British in that statement too please, we have been dealing with too much shit lately, let our troops rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Include the British in that statement too please, we have been dealing with too much shit lately, let our troops rest.
    For sure, /British military included.
    "A flower.

N. Korea is the internet tough guy flexing behind a keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    SKorea is one of the most amazing countries on the planet, everyone loves them. It's problem, a conjoined maniac twin that constantly glares at it, with verbal abuse and threats...

The south ingores the north and the north's people are happy to bow down thier "Leader".

What can really be done?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    If NRK opens fire it'll be wiped off the map within the hour.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    SKorea is one of the most amazing countries on the planet, everyone loves them. It's problem, a conjoined maniac twin that constantly glares at it, with verbal abuse and threats...

The south ingores the north and the north's people are happy to bow down thier "Leader".

What can really be done?
    Like any child throwing a tantrum, you ignore them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    They are certainly capable of destroying Seoul and crazy enough to do it... The country would be flattened within hours of first attack but Seoul would probably be too...
    You know, they keep pulling that whole "we could reduce Seoul to ashes in minutes if we felt like it" card, and the whole world doesn't question it a bit. I'm highly skeptical, however. They claim to have a somewhat absurdly large amount of artillery pointed at the city. Now, the CIA and USAF have been spying on these guys pretty much 24/7 for the last few decades. I have to wonder... have we ever actually seen this artillery? Have we confirmed that it actually exists, and in the numbers that NK claims it exists? Let's say it does for a moment. Does it even work? Maintaining military hardware like that isn't cheap. Even if they did hypothetically have it at one point, my money says that it's all scrap metal by now.

And yes, they have a nuclear bomb. Maybe 2 or 3 nuclear bombs, even. And they're worthless because North Koreans can't figure out how missiles work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, /salute to the Brits too, never forget the troops, even if a conflict seems off.

It still always boils down to the guys/gals dodging bullets and explosions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    If NRK opens fire it'll be wiped off the map within the hour.
    Yeah and to be fair, one must wonder how much longer China will really stand for NK's constant BS. At some point I bet they'll just go like, "Hey US? Yeah, go ahead, do w.e, just don't let nuclear pollution come into Chinese territory. Cool? Cool, have fun."
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL yes, when a country's foreign policy consists of pretty much 100% trolling, /ignore

Look i know its bad whats going on in North Korea but sorry its not worth the lives of our military men to go in there to stop it. They have nukes prob crappy ones but nukes all the same. They would do everything in their power to use them on US forces and on South Korea/Japan before it was over. And it would only take one going off to make the whole thing FUBAR as the military would say. Not to mention they could also pummel Seoul with artillery for awhile before we got that shut down. North Korea's military is outdated but don't think we will just drive a tank across the border and it all be over. This wont be Libya hell i doubt it will be Iraq since nukes would be involved.

And those who dismiss China not caring you have to be kidding. The last time we tried this whole Korean war thing they didn't like the idea of a in their eyes "Western Ally/Puppet" on their border. Would they attack? prob not but it would sour relations big time and put the whole US-China relationship back decades. At some point the people of a country have to help themselves. The US and the West cant go around invading every country where stuff like this happens especially if they have nukes

10+ Year Old Account
    Trouble is, while we can ignore the Kim family, the people of North Korea can't. There are hundreds of thousands of political prisoners trapped in death camps there. Worse, most of those prisoners' only crime was being related to someone who stood up to the government. These people are living in the worst conditions that have ever existed on this planet since the dawn of mankind. Our farm animals live better lives than they do, and by a wide margin. And even those living outside of the death camps are only barely surviving. Hell does exist, and it's just North of the 38th parallel.

It's easy to forget that those are real people this is happening to. If it's not our problem, I think it damn well should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post

In case you haven't noticed, most people are tired of war. And most people would agree that we are NOT the world police. Most people would also agree that North Korea's affairs are it's own. Especially considering, aside from some loud talk, they really aren't much of a threat to the rest of the world.
    Right now I'm a sailor stationed on a ship in Japan where on of our major tasks is to project our naval power towards North Korea to keep them at bay. I highly doubt an entire fleet of ships would be out there if we didn't feel North Korea was some type of threat.

We don't straight up attack them, but we certainly make it known that they will quickly regret attacking South Korea. Hence the term military police.