Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nice to see that "nation bashing" only applies to US on this forum.

Probably a lot of propaganda from both side... but certainly the quality of life and freedom of speech must be one of the worst on the planet....

Still hear me carefully, NK can annihilate SK in an instant no question about that, if you really think that a clean war against NK is possible you're fooling yourself they have lots of artilery and won't hesitate to strike SK.

A bomb from the 60's is not less deadly that an supra modern lazer guided bunker percing missile.

So no NK is not a sham they are dangerous and should be handled accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isslag View Post
    Nice to see that "nation bashing" only applies to US on this forum.

Probably a lot of propaganda from both side... but certainly the quality of life and freedom of speech must be one of the worst on the planet....

Still hear me carefully, NK can annihilate SK in an instant no question about that, if you really think that a clean war against NK is possible you're fooling yourself they have lots of artilery and won't hesitate to strike SK.

A bomb from the 60's is not less deadly that an supra modern lazer guided bunker percing missile.

So no NK is not a sham they are dangerous and should be handled accordingly.
    Firstly, if you think "nation bashing" rules only apply for the US here, you're clearly new to this community. I was once banned for implying that Europeans migrate frequently. Think about that for a moment.

But anyway, I believe that the unofficial rule is that if your country is a military enemy of another country, you're allowed to say more or less whatever you want about them. That's why we're allowed to talk shit about North Korea, Iran, and Syria (plus Libya for awhile there). Plus, those countries don't allow their citizens to be on Western websites (except for NK, which just doesn't have internet), so there's nobody here to get offended by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    But anyway, I believe that the unofficial rule is that if your country is a military enemy of another country, you're allowed to say more or less whatever you want about them. That's why we're allowed to talk shit about North Korea, Iran, and Syria (plus Libya for awhile there). Plus, those countries don't allow their citizens to be on Western websites (except for NK, which just doesn't have internet), so there's nobody here to get offended by it.
    It's allways a matter of point of view my dear american friend...
    PS: I don't like unofficials rules

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Ahahahaha, dude, you're killing me. NK has about the same military strenght as a former soviet country, like Georgia or Latvia or w/e. Their military equipment is dated and bought from China. NK is currently under UN embargo and no country is allowed to sell weapons to them. This means that, while smugglers can get in small arms, their tanks, airplanes and other such large equipment is from the stoneage and mostly of chinese manufacture. N

Not to mention the soldiers and officers are very likely to just defect to south korea if given a proper chance.
    Source for all your information? I have been reading articles made in the 2000's stating that North Korea's military while less advanced then the US is still capable of putting up a fight. The former military command of us forces in South Korea stated the north Korean military could wipe out the ground forces in South Korea in 3 hours. Which is around 20k troop so if you know more then him then why are you not working for the DoD?

Yes in the long run we would win but how many lives lost total? a hundred thousand......a million? North Korea produces their own weapons which they learned how to do from the USSR and China and their troops are brainwashed from a very young age. Their mind set might be no different from a member of a terrorist organization. The North Korean Military and China's in the 50's far less advanced then the allied forces we didn't win. Vietnam again didn't we didn't win so i don't know why people think a war with NK would be a cake walk when most analyst and military men say other wise.
    Last edited by Rumred; 2012-05-24 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Ahahahaha, dude, you're killing me. NK has about the same military strenght as a former soviet country, like Georgia or Latvia or w/e. Their military equipment is dated and bought from China. NK is currently under UN embargo and no country is allowed to sell weapons to them. This means that, while smugglers can get in small arms, their tanks, airplanes and other such large equipment is from the stoneage and mostly of chinese manufacture. N

Not to mention the soldiers and officers are very likely to just defect to south korea if given a proper chance.
    You obviously don't know what you are talking about... comparing Georgia or Latvia to NK? This is just a terrible demonstration of your (lack) of knowledge.

So laugh all you want fool, your ignorance and your arrogance are very representative of the western oppinion....this attitude is not a surprise to me.

Oh btw "middle ages weapons" that obviously make you laugh have made 60 millions victim during ww2 I don't even suggest that NK weapons are so old at all, I'm just poiting that it doesn't matter if you threaten me with a 1895 colt or a Glock both have the same result.
    Last edited by Isslag; 2012-05-24 at 12:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    The North Korean Military and China's in the 50's far less advanced then the allied forces we didn't win. Vietnam again didn't we didn't win
    There are two things blatantly wrong with what you just said. I'll point out one, but I'd like to see if someone else can find the other. The one I'm giving you is that North Korea was defending their home territory in the Korean war. That's a massive advantage, regardless of your technology. If they attacked South Korea, they would be the attacker, not the defender. Thus their advantage would be gone. South Korea would get that advantage instead, in addition to the fact that their technology is vastly superior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Are you in the armed forces? If not, you should have no say in the matter. I for one do not want to risk my life or the lives of my men for those crazy bastards. If north Korea wants to be free then they can do it themselves.
    That's something that is thrown around often, but that's quite incorrect. The US, as far as i know, is a democracy, not a militar dictatorship. The military has no say on the decision to wage war against a country. It's the population (mostly civilians) who decides that, through their representatives.

The US military is not formed through compulsory conscription (at least not now, i assume that if the war front was in, or next to the US territory, that would change). Whoever joins voluntarily becomes a weapon to execute the will of the people.

Deleted
    There are two things blatantly wrong with what you just said. I'll point out one, but I'd like to see if someone else can find the other. The one I'm giving you is that North Korea was defending their home territory in the Korean war. That's a massive advantage, regardless of your technology. If they attacked South Korea, they would be the attacker, not the defender. Thus their advantage would be gone. South Korea would get that advantage instead, in addition to the fact that their technology is vastly superior.
    Also they had better rifles than the allied forces in the Korean conflict, not to mention we are still officially at war with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    North Korea is about as much as a risk as a pine cone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    That's something that is thrown around often, but that's quite incorrect. The US, as far as i know, is a democracy, not a militar dictatorship. The military has no say on the decision to wage war against a country. It's the population (mostly civilians) who decides that, through their representatives.

The US military is not formed through compulsory conscription (at least not now, i assume that if the war front was in, or next to the US territory, that would change). Whoever joins voluntarily becomes a weapon to execute the will of the people.
    You can refuse to fight and leave the armed forces, which will happen in huge numbers if they try to send troops against the mentally unstable, nuclear armed north korea.

Deleted
    The problem is not really offending them. The problem is if you end up believing all of the propaganda and assume it as a fact. Having your facts wrong leads to making the wrong decisions, more often than not.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to forget that those are real people this is happening to. If it's not our problem, I think it damn well should be.
    Activism is well and good, and an applaudable stance to take, but the US military is already poorly-regarded worldwide for trying to police the planet. Add to it the numerous issues here at home? I don't think we honestly have the manpower or resources available to devote to helping other countries with their problems on a scale as large as North Korea's. We've been in a war/armed conflict in the Middle East for eleven years now, we're trillions of dollars in debt due to multiple presidential terms and congressional terms with poor spending and foresight, the government's corruption is slowly reaching an all-time high, public trust in the government is alarmingly low and plummeting each quarter, corporations are able to buy politicians with massive campaign donations, a startling class divide is only growing every year while the federal reserve continues to tank, and the public education system is rapidly failing while the military gets over 50% of the national budget and has for the last eleven years.

I honestly think we need to bring our boys and girls in uniform home and spend a few years picking ourselves back up before our face hits the pavement, because at the rate things are going the US won't have the power or the responsibility. We'll be too busy competing with Enron for the most fantastic financial collapse in the last fifty years.
    Last edited by Thage; 2012-05-24 at 01:16 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

North Korea isn't a sham. They're a blood elf DK. Nobody likes them, everybody wants to erase them, but we need them around to make the rest of us feel better, so we put up with them.

So? your point is what? It still does not change the fact that the tech gap between the allied forces and NK/China was wide. And in a war today we would be fighting in North Korea agian so you are just making my point even more that a war with NK would not be easy and blood bath. And also you do know before the US intervention in the Korean War that North Korea Occupied MOST of South Korea save for a small portion around pusan. So at the start of the war they were not defending their home turf as they were on the offensive.

The whole thing i was trying to point out is that superior tech does not guarantee a easy win more so when they are on the defensive in a country where the terrain does not favor mobile warfare in the north.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    And those who dismiss China not caring you have to be kidding. The last time we tried this whole Korean war thing they didn't like the idea of a in their eyes "Western Ally/Puppet" on their border. Would they attack? prob not but it would sour relations big time and put the whole US-China relationship back decades. At some point the people of a country have to help themselves. The US and the West cant go around invading every country where stuff like this happens especially if they have nukes
    China can eat a giant dick IMO. They are exploiting their people so the western "Plutocrats" can make an extra >9000% profit.

They are only sucessful because of greed and short term profits, by scumbags.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    You can refuse to fight and leave the armed forces, which will happen in huge numbers if they try to send troops against the mentally unstable, nuclear armed north korea.
    So? It's still a decision of the people to wage war or not. Not the military's. Of course the people should have in account how many armed forces they can count on. But my point was that you called out someone on expressing their opinion about their wish to wage war, and then you said they should have no say on the matter. Which is a very dangerous path for a democratic country to follow.

Deleted
    As Ri Yong-ho the chief of the General Staff of the North Korean army put it recently:

"If the U.S. Imperialists and their followers infringe on our soveriegnty and dignity even slightly, we will blow up the stronghold of their aggression with a merciless and righteous retaliatory strike".

So there you have it. I'm tempted to write some sort of frivolous ad hoc internet response like "u mad" "problem?" or something.

Deleted
    North Korea threatens South korea or usa or some shit, silence for a few weeks, another threat, more silence. north korean threats are getting boring

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    North Korea threatens South korea or usa or some shit, silence for a few weeks, another threat, more silence. north korean threats are getting boring
    Boy.... don't you miss the 90s?

Or 80s?

Or or....
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I still think a war with nk. is going to be a historical bloodbath. if lets say the us forces dosent disable there nukes, in a first strike, they will launce them on south korea. and that will open up for a massive counterstrike, with wmd's. beside, i think you will more or less have to purge nk for a win.
    and no contry will pay that butcher bill.
    there is no doubht that nato. will win fast if they set there minde on it.
    Beside im pretty sure china woulden like a united korea. im sure they are happy with the buffer nk provides. to keep there people in line