Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ograkk View Post
    My thoughts; I never played much Diablo 1, didnt overly enjoy it eventhough Im a RPG fan. Diablo 2 I only played a few minutes.
    Didnt plan to buy D3 but as all friends played it, I fell for the pressure and I have to say - its the most boring game Ive played in several years.
    My biggest problem is that the story is so incredibly short, its like 2% of Skyrim for example. Played through Normal in a few hours which was moderetly fun but then Im supposed to do it all again with little to no change. And then again. And again. The bosses are extremely easy which is another big let down, random elite packs is way harder than the bosses which is a design flaw imo.
    The itemization is also completely stupid and makes no sense. I know random is random but I would prefer to get better loot from a boss than from a broken vase. I also made the mistake of playing a Witch doctor which is not only quite bad, the voice acting is awful at best.
    If people don't like ARPGs, they won't like Diablo 3. Blizzard never pretended that the game would divert from the tried-and-true formula. Some people enjoy the endless item grinding in the genre, some people don't.

If there's one mistake newcomers to the series make, it's that they think the story is everything. And I can't blame them for that, there has been a lot of focus on the awesometastic cinematics. But story has never been the highlight of the Diablo-series, it is more or less just the perpetual runs for better gear.

I've never played 1 or 2, but to everyone out there, the the team that made d1 and d2 left blizz and made torchlight... which is why you're noticing so many differences with the game.

That said D3 is awesome, I can only play a few hours a week but my god is it a blast with friends or solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestish View Post
    Pretty fun, it was worth all the money i spent for it. But I'm up to hell mode, and ive run the story line around 3 times now, and it just seems to get boring and repetitive.
    That's basically what diablo is. Keep playing through harder modes for a bigger challenge and better loots.

OT: I love it, demon hunter is alot of fun.

Basically everything inside the game is just great!
    There's a lot of complaining, but that's because people try to project their own vision of what the game should be on it and then whine on forums when it isn't (perfect example: rares drop the best loot). Gameplay is awesome, there's tons of stuff to try it throughout all 5 classes and lots of loot to collect

The bad side of the game is the shell: battle.net 2.0
    Login servers crashing (not just on day 1), constant online connection needed even for singleplayer, AH overflow due to the amount of players, lack of good chat options, I could go on for a while. Personally for me these issues are not game breaking, but for some I can imagine they are. Battle.net 2.0 was bad in SC2 and it's bad in D3, no doubt about it.
    The game itself though? Amazing and definitely worth a try if you don't mind the aforementioned issues (or can ignore them like I do :P).

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 08:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    I've never played 1 or 2, but to everyone out there, the the team that made d1 and d2 left blizz and made torchlight...
    I wouldn't try and inform people if you don't know the whole story, because that's not true. Not entirely either way.