Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you had trouble as a barb in nightmare, no offense, but your opinion isn't worth much to me.I cleared hell mode as a barb with ease, its inferno act 2 that I can't solo yet.

For one, i know melee is hard on inferno(act 2 barb myself). But thats kinda the point aint it? melee's have always been harder to play in diablo, but then again so much more funn at the same time..:P Ofc you could just roll ranged and get done with it. But the feel of managing skills to survive and constantly being on edge when facing blues and yellows as a melee is so much more fulfilling..

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    You struggled in Nightmare as a barb? Sounds like an L2Play issue not a "class is shit, kgo reroll" issue.

Sincerely,

Act I Inferno Barb
    QFT =/

I'm not a great player but I'm half way through act 2 inferno act 1 is a joke now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”

Quote Originally Posted by Dyminator View Post
    Was doing ACT III on inferno the other day as barbarian, and i have pretty decent gear.
    I prefer to play dual-wield or 2-hand, but even with a shield and decent resistance i get 1-2 shot by even the shittiest mobs in ACT III ?
    Now tell me how that is even remotely possible for a barbarian to solo? not being able to get close enough to do anything?

You are pretty much forced to go with a party and even there you can't really do anything since you get 1-2 shot as soon as you go melee.
    It's not even remotely fun to play, i had no problems with Nightmare or Hell.
    Each act in Inferno has it's own tier of gear entirely, plus in Act 3 the mobs are 3 levels higher than you. The fact that they're that high level alone makes them hit like a truck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlychap View Post
    Go ranged.

Ranged is literally a joke in d3. There is pretty much no negative to playing a ranged class over a melee, and there is TONS of negatives of playing a melee in the higher modes.

My barbarian started struggling in nightmare, and it's become plain disgustingly awful in hell.

My wizard on the other hand....facerolled NM & Hell. On ActII inferno now.
    While I'm not saying that ranged has it harder, you are exaggerating. On my Witch Doctor I have plenty of issues with plenty of boss types. Mortar and Extra Fast for one is terrible combination. Furthermore Barbarians are quite strong till they reach Inferno act II. So you probably played your Barbarian wrong if you struggled in Nightmare.

Deleted
    Went from 1-60 ( upto start of act 2 inferno ) as duo barbarians with a friend, had 0 issues till that point. Now is the grind time to get all the resistances as armor doesn't count for much now \0/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    You struggled in Nightmare as a barb? Sounds like an L2Play issue not a "class is shit, kgo reroll" issue.

Sincerely,

Act I Inferno Barb
    Because Act 1 Inferno is hard as a Melee class... Get to Act 2, then come back.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Mortar and Extra Fast for one is terrible combination.
    About Mortar, Ranged can easily avoid it and still be in range. Mortars have a deadzone - where you can stay in range to a mob but his mortar will go over your head and land behind you without touching you. I killed a lot of Mortar packs that way with no problem on my DH. The only thing you have to do is to kite them a bit so the whole pack is in one spot and their mortars are "aligned" to miss you. And it won't matter if they are extra fast - they are standing still, extra fast.

I also love pack that use Walls - they often just got themselves walled. Because i don't stand in one place waiting for them to wall me. So they wall themselves and I just shoot them in their stupid faces over the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I half expected to come into this thread and see:

"I feel bad for you son, I got a level 60 wizard and I got none."
    Made my day you have. <3

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently pulling my lvl56 Barb through Hell (At end of Act 2 Hell atm) and never had any problems through nightmare and Act 1 Hell, so i have to go with the rest here saying its not the class, its the player.
    I did have some problems in Act 2 Hell yesterday, got some really bad packs that kept ripping me in shreds a few times before i managed to kill them, and i expect it to be even worse in Inferno.

Of the packs i fought yesterday, I remember one pack having Plagued, Vampire and Vortex, and ofc their own ability to put down fire on the ground which hurts when standing in it. Took me over 20mins to get them all down, because i hardly got any time attacking them due to running and being pulled around the place.

I also had some bad luck on getting a pack of Champions AND Elite at the same time later on, and also there quite a nasty setup of abilities.
    One of the packs had Shielding, Waller and Vortex, the other i cant remember. But also there i spent a good amount of time before i got them down.

Im keeping my gear up to date as much as possible, the only thing i had problem with yesterday was that i had changed my build to fit a 2-hander, but AH was down so i couldnt go get me a nice 2-hander. But it worked quite well with sword & board anyway, just took slightly longer time to kill them all.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    About Mortar, Ranged can easily avoid it and still be in range. Mortars have a deadzone - where you can stay in range to a mob but his mortar will go over your head and land behind you without touching you. I killed a lot of Mortar packs that way with no problem on my DH. The only thing you have to do is to kite them a bit so the whole pack is in one spot and their mortars are "aligned" to miss you. And it won't matter if they are extra fast - they are standing still, extra fast.

I also love pack that use Walls - they often just got themselves walled. Because i don't stand in one place waiting for them to wall me. So they wall themselves and I just shoot them in their stupid faces over the wall.
    Lol you shoot over the walls do you? They wall you regardless of if you're constantly moving or not (unless the mobs are positioned to you in a way that the environment breaks a lot of the wall out of course), also most mortar mobs don't generally just stand still and fire, especially not in inferno where half of the packs have the teleport or fast attribute.

OT: I'm sure there will be more balancing hotfixes etc. to come (such as the ones that nerfed monk spirit regen, DH smokescreen and wizard force armor). My guess is melee survivability may get buffed in some way or another.
    Last edited by Drahzere; 2012-05-24 at 10:40 AM.
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

Deleted
    Isn't it fun to think of. In the current WoW, a lot of people are complaining about the fact that there is no more grind. You don't have to get resist gear, no atunements, it's just boring now. Now, in Diablo 3, people complain about the grind. They just want to faceroll through everything. They don't want to farm the gear they need to survive.
    I play a Monk, i'm only half way through act 1 Inferno, but i like the challenge. I like that you have to work hard for the insane random gear that is required.
    And who the fuck said the game was surposed to be easy? Shame on you..
    Last edited by mmoc646f249359; 2012-05-24 at 11:30 AM.

I started out with barbarian when the game first came out. It kind of sucked. I'm well aware I probably didn't play it correctly, but I have hard time surviving without putting everything to defensive abilities. Am I forced to do this? I got bored with it since I wasn't able to find ways to make playing barbarian interesting.

Now I'm wizard lvl57 wizard and about to clear act2 on hell. So far I have much broader choice with abilities than barbarian ever had in every stage of the game. Many differents tricks. Many different styles. With barbarian its just everything on defense and hope for the best. I want to wield all those bad ass weapons and obliterate my enemies and not forced to sit behind a shield with tiny weapon.

I want to play all classes trough some day. I ask you people who say "lol, barb is pro. You just suck" (or anything similar), tell me your spec? What you do? Are you forced to defence? I want to hear how you do it. Not just say you do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramanie View Post
    Isn't it fun to think of. In the current WoW, a lot of people are complaining about the fact that there is no more grind. You don't have to get resist gear, no atunements, it's just boring now. Now, in Diablo 3, people complain about the grind. They just want to faceroll through everything. They don't want to farm the gear they need to survive.
    I play a Monk, i'm only half way through act 1 Inferno, but i like the challenge. I like that you have to work hard for the insane random gear that is required.
    And who the fuck said the game was surposed to be easy? Shame on you..
    Try to think about it that way: There's a group of people who miss the grind in WoW and complain about it. They are very likely satisfied with the grind in D3. Then there's the group who complained all the time about WoW's grind, and does so in D3 too.

Different people. Different opinions. The internet just makes it seem sometimes as if it's just one big person who shifts his opinion back and forth, but it isn't. You're just noticing the loudest ones.

On the melee issue: Yes, Barbs have it seriously harder. There are times when you just can't do anything at all, running around like a headless chicken and praying that you survive until stuff is off CD again. With everything available you wreak havoc for a short time though. It would be nice if the class class could have the ability to be in a sweet spot in between, without some funky range kite build. Sure, it works. But this shit just doesn't feel like playing a rage filled, blood lusting, maniac warrior.

I play a Demon Hunter solo at Hell (derp...) and only the champions with tele, wall (sometimes that fks me over), vortex will get me down unless I use the right spells as Smoke Screen -rune Lingring fog, and prep -rune backup plan.
    If you watch Kripp, hes a barb. He soloed Butcher on inferno post enrage, and I cant down butcher after enrage as a DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are having issues on any difficulty other then inferno, its because you need more gear.

I'm not sure if there is gear good enough to make Inferno farmable, I think the point was that it will always be difficult... however, all the other difficulties are easily overcome by resistance on your gear, and just having the proper gear overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can play the barbarian as a ranged infact, look it up :P

And ranged classes will die faster than a melee, if they get jumped. Though in inferno, everyone dies more or less instantly XD

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drahzere View Post
    Lol you shoot over the walls do you?
    Yes.
    They wall you regardless of if you're constantly moving or not (unless the mobs are positioned to you in a way that the environment breaks a lot of the wall out of course),
    I didn't say they don't wall me because I'm moving. I said they fail to wall me because I'm moving so they end up being walled themselves. I'm specifically looking for tight spots to make them fail at walling me more. And if I happen to be in the open space - well 2 vaults and I'm no longer walled, while they are burning their feet on my flame vault-path inside their own walls. And then I proceed to shoot over walls. yes.
    also most mortar mobs don't generally just stand still and fire, especially not in inferno where half of the packs have the teleport or fast attribute.
    They do stand still if they are using mortars, and that happens when they think that they can get me with their mortars, but I'm in a dead zone so they don't hit me. All i need to do is to get them in one place. As I said earlier. it doesn't matter how they get to that place: be it fast or teleport. If they got mortar they will use it.
    AI is stupid (I'm not bashing it, it's just the way it is with game AI in all games) - so if it thinks it can hit me with mortar - it will try to, since it's the best strategy to kill me. I'm standing still in their range - no need to teleport or run to me. I think it will be fixed in a patch - like no minimum range for mortar arc. Or maybe it works as intended.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I started out with barbarian when the game first came out. It kind of sucked. I'm well aware I probably didn't play it correctly, but I have hard time surviving without putting everything to defensive abilities. Am I forced to do this? I got bored with it since I wasn't able to find ways to make playing barbarian interesting.

Now I'm wizard lvl57 wizard and about to clear act2 on hell. So far I have much broader choice with abilities than barbarian ever had in every stage of the game. Many differents tricks. Many different styles. With barbarian its just everything on defense and hope for the best. I want to wield all those bad ass weapons and obliterate my enemies and not forced to sit behind a shield with tiny weapon.

I want to play all classes trough some day. I ask you people who say "lol, barb is pro. You just suck" (or anything similar), tell me your spec? What you do? Are you forced to defence? I want to hear how you do it. Not just say you do it.
    Inferno shouldnt be facerolled. It should be a challenge, no matter what class you play.
    What you could argue about, is the crazy setup of abilities on champions/elites that can pretty much 1-shot even a tank.

Im playing a lvl56 Barb (57 really soon), and my current build is more aimed towards damage, with some defensive abilities.
    The build im using now looks something like this:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XRT!bUT!YZcYbb
    I will play around more when i reach 57 and can equip the 2-hander i got waiting, atm im running sword & board.

So far in act 2 hell, it have served me quite well, but since its Inferno that is the challenge, i wont judge it just yet.
    It was only at one pack with Plagued, Vampiric and Vortex Elite that made me having to change around for even more self-healing.
    Mostly because of their fire-circle on the ground that they also used.
    Stats are: 38k hp, 5,6k armor, 3,7k dmg (sword & board), and it will change some the next lvl when i can equip some other items.
    Going to try reach Inferno by the weekend and see how everything goes there, then play around some more with gear and build.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlychap View Post
    Go ranged.

Ranged is literally a joke in d3. There is pretty much no negative to playing a ranged class over a melee, and there is TONS of negatives of playing a melee in the higher modes.

My barbarian started struggling in nightmare, and it's become plain disgustingly awful in hell.

My wizard on the other hand....facerolled NM & Hell. On ActII inferno now.
    Sorry, but you're just bad at meelee.
    I'm playing a tank monk and going at act1 Inferno right now.
    Act 2 is simply broken, the wasp mobs are too difficult and those invisible snake people are OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.