First time builder, many questions to come.

First time builder; my roommate kept telling me it's better to build one than to buy one, and told me to check these forums for advice.

In the U.S., price range 1000 or under for the tower.
    Games I'd want to run: WoW/D3 (Max) MW3/BF3 (High - Max)
    1080p monitor when I buy one.

I'd like to go through Newegg, buying it all at once. I'm curious if anyone has used their 12 month no interest plan, and how your experience with it was. I can pay it off easily, I just don't like to spend a large amount of money at one time.

PC Questions:

1. I don't plan to overclock at all, but I understand it's pretty easy nowdays. Would the heatsink/power supply I picked work if I do plan to OC? Should I just use the stock heatsink if I decide to never OC (and save some money when buying)?

2. The video card I picked looked like it got pretty well reviewed, just want to double check it. I know the CPU and GPU are vital for playing games at max settings, and don't mind putting half the money into those two pieces.

3. Will the Motherboard work with the GPU/CPU/Ram? Especially if I go with overclocking? I'd love suggestions on better ones, even if it costs a little more.

4. Will everything fit? The case seems large enough, just want to verify it (especially if I do go with the heatsink, would the Ram and Video Card fit under it)?

5. I have a 1tb hdd in mini tower that I bought when my older comp died off on me. Could I take that and install it in the new tower? Would it save me buying a hdd and OS? Or is that just bad thinking on my part.

Many thanks in advance, and many questions to come most likely.

Wouldn't let me post the links of the build, so here it is:

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    ASRock Z68 PRO3 GEN3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card
    Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower Case
    Corsair 600W ATX12V Power Supply
    Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit)

Total: 1039.29

No Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse needed, buying at a later date.
    Last edited by SeruKai; 2012-05-24 at 05:56 AM.

1. Overclock if you want decent WoW/BF3 performance. Get the HSF you picked either way.
    2. Assuming it is the Twin Frozr, those are fine.
    3. Yes, but you want to go with a Z77 motherboard, not Z68. ASUS is a better brand.
    4. Yeah.

The only thing I would do is go for a slightly better PSU. The XFX 650w, 650TX V2, or another quality PSU.

Sounds good, thanks for the quick reply.