Deleted

How to farm gold! Can contain spoilers!

I think it's time we combine our awesomeness and create a dedicated thread where people can find tips and tricks on how to farm gold.
    If you have any special place or way that makes your gold farming easier or more productive, please share it with us.

I will contribute with 2 special places i find amusing and lucrative and we'll see if we get a trend going

NPC abuse
    The first place is located in Act1 just outside of The cursed hold in a small zone called Highlands Passage. The easiest way to get there is to take the waypoint to Halls of agony level 2. Once there, work yourself through the instance until you reach the entrance to Highlands Passage.
    When you have arrived you will be encountered by one out of two possible scenarios.

Scenario 1: You will find a vendor called Kyr the weaponsmith, he will offer you a small side quest where he wants you to kill the cultists and their leader Dargon. Dargon is accompanied by an elite group of ghouls, these elites can be hard but it's doable. Kill them and claim your spoils!
    Don't forget to visit Kyr as he sells random blue quality items and occasionally one random rare item, these can sometimes be sold for quite a bit on AH. When you're done just go through the entrance to the cursed hold, there you will get an automatic checkpoint save.
    Now you just have to relog to reset the scenario and walk back to Highlands passage (which is really close with your new checkpoint) and you can farm Dargon and his elite pack easy and endlessly.

Scenario 2: Kyr won't be there to offer you the side quest and Dargon and his cultists will also not have spawned. Instead you will find yourself in a sea of Goatmen and a new vendor called Radek the Fence. Go check the vendor for possible profitable items and sell them on AH.

Fields of Slaughter

I have found that Fields of Slaughter in Act 3 is a very good place to farm elites, champions and lesser mobs for gold and treasure.
    There's not much to say about the fields of slaughter as it's simply a meat grinder zone and the only thing you have to do is, slaughtering and looting. Depending on your gear and difficulty it will take about 5-10 minutes to clear the zone and it can be very profitable for very little effort and time. On Hell difficulty i usually get around 20-30 k gold in one clear, not counting the items that can potentially drop and sell for good gold on the AH. With a bit of luck you can make a small fortune within hours.

Hope this was helpful to someone
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-05-24 at 09:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I farm for gold I simply farm either act 4 or late act 3 on hell, try to get the nephalem valor buff up as fast as I can and use the +gold find gem in the helmet.
    Farming elite/rare packs there gives huge amount of gold. once the buff is stacked up, I also open all the breakable stuff for even more gold. the drops can sometimes be sold for good amounts in the AH.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

with the ah so flooded with items i barely sell anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Deleted
    Whimsyshire > all other farming methods I mean getting loot and cleaving unicorns in half, doesn't get any better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    with the ah so flooded with items i barely sell anything
    If it's just your everyday rabble, just undercut the market. Not a 10% cut, but a 50% cut.

If it's some really nice item, just save it for the RMAH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Whimsyshire > all other farming methods I mean getting loot and cleaving unicorns in half, doesn't get any better than that.
    Agreed But there is this journey where you have to earn and spend 800k gold to get to a desirable difficulty in Ponyland.
    It can be overwhelming for some people. :<
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-05-24 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Agreed But there is this journey where you have to earn and spend 800k gold to get to a desirable difficulty in Ponyland.
    Also another reason for this thread to exist, so we can farm the 800k for that faster!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    I've opened up to Hell difficulty ponyland by myself and have 2million to spare.
    Its not really that hard if you aren't wiping constantly or spending gold on useless stuff like dyes,overpriced AH items, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Speaking of Ponyland, is the staff still bugged and disappear randomly? I just need to get the liquid rainbow but afraid to lose the staff after upgrading to specific difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    Speaking of Ponyland, is the staff still bugged and disappear randomly? I just need to get the liquid rainbow but afraid to lose the staff after upgrading to specific difficulty.
    I've got the Hell staff and it's still there, havn't had any problems in 30+ runs i've done on Normal/Nightmare/Hell so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I've got the Hell staff and it's still there, havn't had any problems in 30+ runs i've done on Normal/Nightmare/Hell so far.
    Every single time i read your Signature i laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    I've opened up to Hell difficulty ponyland by myself and have 2million to spare.
    Its not really that hard if you aren't wiping constantly or spending gold on useless stuff like dyes,overpriced AH items, etc..
    You're right. We should close the thread :P
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to farm the Ah, and it's going well for now
    I just search items ( weps mostly ) for lvl 35-40 and 48-51. Found most luck with these lvl ranges as they are in transation between act 4 and act 1 in the next diff. Most ppl find themselfs in shit after changing diff, and best way to prevent it is to shop for stronger gear....
    Search for items with low bids rather than buyouts, and just bid em, than if possible when the auction comes to 5mins till end just sit and be sure to not get outbided, after u win the item just put it back on ah with the bid price same as the one u payed and buy out 5-20k more depending on item, also socket every item if u can.
    When searching pay attention to what u looking for, this means ajust stats by ur needs
    Example:
    class: dh
    type: hand crossbow
    lvl: 35-41
    stats ( u can chose 3 those would be: dex, vitality and socket / lifesteal ) also put minimal stats to 60-80 in vit and dex slots, this will show u stong items that aren't too weak for that lvl

link to an example: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/screenshot000xj.jpg/
    IMPORTANT: avoid items with + int + dex + str, u only need 1 main stat and vitality rest is garbage

Hope this helps, also gonna try some of farming tips mentioned here
    Last edited by Denizly; 2012-05-24 at 09:36 PM.