High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

[Arcane] Low DPS

My armory is: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kifus/advanced

I followed the following guide to get to the point I'm at: http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/mage/arcane/

On target dummies, I'm only doing 12k dps. My very experienced holy paladin friend says that it's impossible I could be as bad as I am at being an arcane mage. I was wondering if anybody could help me figure out why my DPS is so low. Here are my stats:

Spell Power: 7158
    Haste: +11.00%
    Hit Chance: +17.23% (I'm hit capped)
    Penetration: 0
    Mana Regen: 1510
    Combat Regen: 870
    Crit Chance: 14.72%
    Mastery: 15.69

My arcane blast default cast time is 1.8 secs....I'm pretty sure that can't be good. When using the burst rotation (Pop trinket, Arcane Power, Mana Gem, and Mirror Image) my DPS spiked up to 20k on the target dummy. After the burn phase ended and I evocated up to 100% mana, I used the rotation I found on the guide, hitting arcane blast 2-3 times and then using arcane missles, while using flame orb every time it's off cooldown.

Any help would be appreciated. I can provide more information if needed.

Thanks,
    Neth

- 7158 spellpower isnt that great
    - Neither are the blue's you are still wearing
    - Dummies are a terrible measurement

simply put, get better gear and measure it on a raidboss ( be it LFR or normal DS ) and not on a dummy, i got an alt mage to make main in MoP, it has 382 ilvl and only hits a good 16k on those dummies ( not counting burn phase which spikes to 25k )

the gear is in no way decent tbh, do LFR/new heroics/JP gear, you can even buy the older tier set, but this is def far from doable. also when gearing up id suggest doing it all the way, not skipping enchants, etc.

Your gear is just all over the place, poorly itemized and terrible trinkets.

Read the stickies and fix your mage.

There are several upgrades that you can acquire without even getting in the trouble farming !

As in : Crafted bracers, BoE boots, Darkmoon Card Volcano, Cloak / Ring from valor.

How about you fix them issues, actually start getting some proper gear either from older tier raids or LFR and then lets discuss about your dps ! Hell i wouldn't even play arcane with that mana pool, but that's just me

Deleted
    Seriously your asking about your dps even while you have SPIRIT PVP CRAP GEAR and NO enchants?

On top of that you are not fully reforged, i.e. your head piece has crit on it that isnt reforged.

On top of that your understanding of arcane is obviously lacking if only from the statement "evocated up to 100% mana" and "hitting arcane blast 2-3 times and then using arcane missles"
    Arcane more so than Fire is a battle of the mind and a battle of control.

Evocate up to 100% mana:
    This is plain wrong, likely you didnt evocate to 100% mana, but to 105% which is mana wasted thus damage wasted.
    You never want to evocate to 100% or do you ever want to get to 100%, with glyph you generate about 4% every 5 seconds to make sure you never go over 100% mana thus waste mana, you always want to be below 96%. A rotation aiming for 90-95% mana is the way to go.
    Evocation gives you 15% Immediate + 45% over 5+* seconds, after which you need to cast a fresh AB for 1.5* seconds. Your total mana gain time as a result is 6.5+ seconds during which you will likely get 2 ticks of your Mage Armor, hence you should not even think about evocating before hitting 30% mana or even a little below.
    60% evocation + 8% for 2 Mage Armor ticks = 68%.

* Depending on haste levels

hitting arcane blast 2-3 times
    There is no set rotation, Arcane again is a game of the mind, it is full of burn and mini burn.
    Your ON use trinket** is about to come off cooldown, Haste/Spellpower trinket** about to proc, Power torrent** about to Proc, Lightweave Embroider**, Boss enters a debuff mode (Zonozz black phase, etc)
    These are all times for mini burns where you can AB * 10 and afterwards use AB > AM > AB > AM (AM as often as you can to mana back up asap, possibly with the help of Flame Orb)
    There is no set AB > AB > AB > AM > AB > AB > AM
    This depends on so many factors ... An addon like Power Aura can be setup to help you "get and stay in the zone" of 90-95% unless your executing a burn phase. or use something like MageManaBar

** Sadly you dont have any of this, but its something to keep in mind

I am sure 2/2 Fire power is the most immediate minimal dps increase out there, 2/2 Improved Arcane Explosion can be very helpfull on Madness (HC) though either fight is a bit away for you. Arcane explosion is something you can spam on some fights while on the move still putting some damage on something.
    Or take 2/2 Blink for increased movement speed.