Wait to identify items?

Remember in D2 when you could get some stuff and wait till max level to identify it? or something along those lines my memory is hazy.

Anyone think that waiting to identify rares for more levels or different acts will be better or are they set when you get them?

I'm 99,(9)% sure that would have no effect (also because the items identified are different from nightmare to hell) .

Deleted
    It would be easy to test if you have unlocked multiple difficulties. Get a rare/legendary on normal, switch to nightmare/hell/inferno and identify it, and see what you get. Then do the reverse.

Would not do much, base stats are set anyway when you get the item

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want to wait. 9/10 the rare is worthless for me anyway. Why sit around with my limited space?

Quote Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
    It would be easy to test if you have unlocked multiple difficulties. Get a rare/legendary on normal, switch to nightmare/hell/inferno and identify it, and see what you get. Then do the reverse.
    that would be a way to test it.
    put an unidentified ring or something, in your stash.
    switch chars and/or difficulty
    pull it out and identify it, especially in another difficulty

unfortunately i just have lowbies

10+ Year Old Account
    That has no effect in Diablo 2 nor does it have any effect in Diablo 3. The item is determined by the monster that drops it.

The indentify mechanic in this game kind of annoys me. In d2 you had to spend a small amount of money to have scrolls to identify an item but in d3 all you are doing is right clicking and wating 5 seconds. If you are not expending some kind of resource then whats the point of having to right click on an item to begin with? Why not just let the stats show up as soon as it hits your inventory?

I don't want scrolls back, as it was a pain in my inventory slots, but I just dont see the point of adding in that extra click and wait function.

The stats and such are determined as the item is dropped. That's why d2 had a hack that let you see stats on an item without ever IDing it.

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 01:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The indentify mechanic in this game kind of annoys me. In d2 you had to spend a small amount of money to have scrolls to identify an item but in d3 all you are doing is right clicking and wating 5 seconds. If you are not expending some kind of resource then whats the point of having to right click on an item to begin with? Why not just let the stats show up as soon as it hits your inventory?

I don't want scrolls back, as it was a pain in my inventory slots, but I just dont see the point of adding in that extra click and wait function.
    It's a slot machine, what's the point of making all the wheels spin and music play? It builds anticipation.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)