Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    Currently stuck on Diablo inferno shadow phase, that damn copy of me is raping my barb like crazy 55k hp, 10k armor, resists around 1k-ish, 9kdps.
    Is it possible to time it and do the AoE stun at the right moment?

I am not a barb, so excuse me if this is way off. But I am pretty sure the timing from when diablo despawns and when the add spawns is the same every time. Just stay still and time your stun so it goes off perfectly as the add spawns. Maybe you have enough time to burst him down before the stun has finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    Doing inferno with twohander seems out of question for now, act1 yes though, act 3-4 definitely not.
    Gem for vitality... same goes for weapon life per hit.
    Yes you currently really need sword and board for most of the time in later tiers.
    Gearing your barb towards +all resists is definitely the right way to go (not saying it's the only way). Don't aim for +vitality, but for that percentage vitality. Also when gearing for resistances don't be ashamed to go on AH and buy blue stuff instead of your rare items, many of them are just plain better.
    Thank you for taking the time to answer it
    Yeah, I'm currently going for physical resistance, trying to get some +all resistances as well... I was using Red (forgot the name) gems on weapons, I'll switch them to +adds life per hit then.

Again, thank you ^_^

I'm sorry, but I'm calling shinanigans on this. provides much better stats than this, my resists are way higher, plus I Have more health. I tried the build and nothing dies, except me. Please explain how you approach this. I asked before and the answer I got didn't provide any answers. Yes, I know some mobs can't be killed with certain combinations. I don't care about that. I want to know how 22k HP with this build, works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to answer it
    Yeah, I'm currently going for physical resistance, trying to get some +all resistances as well... I was using Red (forgot the name) gems on weapons, I'll switch them to +adds life per hit then.

Again, thank you ^_^
    You're welcome. Btw. impunity is a must .

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Yeah resists help so much it's not funny.

I need to farm Act I Inferno a ton more because my gears lacking. Cleared all of Act I Solo and in a 4 man group but aren't even bothering with Act II yet.

Current stats:

Str: 979
    Dex: 220
    Int: 179
    Vit: 741
    Armor: 6110
    DPS: 6700
    67% Dmg Reduction
    55% Physical Resist
    52% Magic Resist
    29K HP

Quote Originally Posted by Drmingmoon View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm calling shinanigans on this. provides much better stats than this, my resists are way higher, plus I Have more health. I tried the build and nothing dies, except me. Please explain how you approach this. I asked before and the answer I got didn't provide any answers. Yes, I know some mobs can't be killed with certain combinations. I don't care about that. I want to know how 22k HP with this build, works.
    Well you stun and kite... Thats how it works. I switched some stats out and now i am on 28k HP but less dmg.
    Worked better. Im at Belial now but i have no freakin idea how to get past him.
    The fight is insane

my new stats which worked trough act 2 second half:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XSP!beV!cccacZ

This is my ultra mobile build i'm using for farming Inferno Act I. The more mobs you pull, the easier it is.

Can quite easily do Skeleton King runs w/ 5 stacks of NV.
    Last edited by PowerGamez; 2012-05-25 at 02:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XSP!beV!cccacZ

This is my ultra mobile build i'm using for farming Inferno Act I. The more mobs you pull, the easier it is.

Can quite easily do Skeleton King runs w/ 5 stacks of NV.
    Sidearm on frenzy is vastly superior to maniac, try that.

I think the magic number is 300 resist for Act 1, 600 resist for Act 2, 900 resist for Act 3, and 1200 resist for Act 4. They will allow you to progress quite smoothly and kill most champion packs. Add another 100 to each breakpoint, and you can clear 99% of the champion packs in the respective Act.

End Bosses are much easier, and you can clear them with lesser resist gear.

Do you guys think STR is better than VIT? I have a ton of resists 700-800 in all of them but my DPS is only 5.5k and i have 44k HP. Should I stack more STR or is vit the way to go?

I think it depends on if you're running with a group or not. If you're in a group and have some awesome WD/Wizard dps just stay stacking tanking stats (Resist/Vit/Armor). If you're looking to solo play through then grab enough str so you can beat enrage timers on elite packs.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    What about Belial? Although I have different setup and gear and a 2 hander, this guy is trashing me. I can just about get past the snake bit but Belial himself almost 1 shots me. I'm gonna need some korean skills for this. Sad to see Dh's, etc. faceroll him when we have to work so damn but I guess the win is so much sweeter. Best attempt 50% of Belial before I messed up.
    Yeah just don't ever get hit. Phase 1/2 are far more difficult, Phase 3 you literally just don't ever get hit, it's really not too difficult with leap for the meteor phase and knowing how to predict that second quick fast attack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    What about Belial? Although I have different setup and gear and a 2 hander, this guy is trashing me. I can just about get past the snake bit but Belial himself almost 1 shots me. I'm gonna need some korean skills for this. Sad to see Dh's, etc. faceroll him when we have to work so damn but I guess the win is so much sweeter. Best attempt 50% of Belial before I messed up.
    Go for as much offense as possible. Str/+Dmg based gear, max damage spec and a 2hander. The only damage the boss can do to you is the breath, and even that doesn't always hit. Just dodge everything.

Rend should work fairly nice there as you will be moving a lot, the damage is quite high and often you can just let it tick on the boss.
    Sprint is useful too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This is what Blizzard want people to do. Experiment with builds and find something that works. Not whine on forums about how the game cannot be beaten a week after launch.
    I can see where you are coming from, but I think it is the fact that your average ranged class flew past the average melee class in Inferno mode. If Demon Hunters, and Wizards had struggled as much as Barbarians and Monks then I don't think you would have seen nearly as much griping. Or on the other hand, if Ranged DPS had struggled more than Barbarians and Monks you would have seen a lot more griping, lol.

Been doing the same thing as OP and it makes Act 2 damage very bearable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    This is what i've been saying for a while now and most people just laugh at me. "Ha you have 26k HP, no way can you be on act 3 inferno"

Thank you OP now lets hope others with listen to it.
    You're not the only one though, when telling people can tank through Act 2 get called a troll since "only ~24k HP???". Oh well, eventually.

Well, as the other said.. get more armor and vitality...
    Im soloing act 2 as a Demon Hunter with 13k hp and 5.5k dmg. Barely any int cus I dont need it. Altho if I get 100 demons at me im really dead, even if I use smoke screen (invis for a few secs)
    I also play a barb, lvl 23 (eh..) and I had some trouble in NORMAL ! at act 3, the big packs with shamans (like 4?!) and shit, kinda op, but its hard.
    Melee is kinda "meh" cus you cant really kite for sh**... ranged at bosses, harder than melee (I guess)
    But, gl hf !

10+ Year Old Account
    You need SOME vit to keep your health up from revenge/charge/overpower whatever you use to heal. Than its armor/resist. I have 400+ resists, 30k health, and Act 1 got much easier to farm. Now once I get 500-600 resists I'll go try act 2.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...PWV!VeS!bccZcc

this is the build I use for duoing w/ a monk tank.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2012-05-25 at 08:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So this was my build through act 2: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VRk!bVa!abZcbc
    This was my spec for Belial kill: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VRk!bVa!bcacZc
    (Forgot to switch Vanguard for Sidearm, was killing diablo on inf before)
    Diablo kill build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VRk!bVX!bZacZc

Belial kill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4HlJWanqHg
    Diablo kill (with my friend wiz): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sjhl...2&feature=plcp[COLOR="red"]

*If you wanna check my gear it's at the end of Diablo kill, when I am switching to MF one...

Uh just had a 3% wipe on belial with a 4-man rnd grp... FUUUUU
    But great its working...

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Uh just had a 3% wipe on belial with a 4-man rnd grp... FUUUUU
    But great its working...
    Those wipes are the worst. So close and yet so far.