Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Eeh, aren't you mixing the cards a bit here? Mugabe is the president of Zimbabwe, not South Africa.
    Thats why he says: ANC and Mugabe. ANC ruined South Africa with communism (land reforms mostly) and Mugabe did the same in Rhodesia (currently Zimbabwe), they were allies in the South African border war in which they fought together with Cuba and Angola against South Africa, Rhodesia and the United States.
    Both Mugabe and Zuma both hate Afrikaners and they both are corrupt racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Do Americans have the same problem? Are you annoyed by the abuse of the word racism? Were you aware of the difference between racism and discrimination? Or did you mix them up yourself? And do you ever make abuse of being the “victim” of racism in the passed?

Share your thoughts and stories about this with me, but please keep it nice. As a cosmopolitan, im aware of the fact that it’s a sensitive subject.
    Yes, this subject is something that I particularly do not like discussing especially with people of different races. Although I do value input from different sides, it usually just stirs up too much emotion when talking about a particular subject. I am American and the actions of my ancestor's is something that I have to deal with in modern times, not just slavery but colonization. This has created a big sore gap between the blacks and whites of America (although I see it casually vanishing generations from now.) Really we could have retired this rift many many years ago if not for the media and the stirring up of controversy by them.

People looking to retain power like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton only cause more trouble. You see Al Sharpton at ANY event that even would be remotely called "racist." Was there a time and place for organizations like this? Yes, certainly because a people was very much oppressed, but what active oppression is there today? I realize that racism will remain as long as we live on this planet, but certainly no one can believe that a black man has any less of an opportunity to make himself better than any white man, just look in the White House and who occupies it.

Eh just a little rant... this was more of a venting out of frustration than an organized post. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmydinner View Post

People looking to retain power like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton only cause more trouble. You see Al Sharpton at ANY event that even would be remotely called "racist." Was there a time and place for organizations like this? Yes, certainly because a people was very much oppressed, but what active oppression is there today? I realize that racism will remain as long as we live on this planet, but certainly no one can believe that a black man has any less of an opportunity to make himself better than any white man, just look in the White House and who occupies it.
    Just because the president is black doesn't mean there isn't still a strong element of racism in the US. I'm well aware that some of my extended family, for example, is deeply racist against black people. I've been in bars where all the patrons were white and throwing out racial slurs like you would not believe. And then you get into the hard stats, like black people being consistently given harsher jail sentences that other groups, having a lower life expectancy, lower average income, lower average education level, etc... it's hard to claim that there's no longer any racism in the US, being overt prejudice or simply implicit racism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Kachyna is confusing cornhusk dolls with kachinas.

Kachinas are spirits from Pueblo mythology. Iroquois cornhusk dolls are dolls made for Iroquois girls based upon a legend.

Completely different things. Iroquois use dolls in some ceremonies and stories, but the term 'kachina' and the connotation you attached to it, of a spirit dancer, are PUEBLO. Have you been talking to New Age white people pretending to be Indians?
    The dolls are not made only for girls, are made for children, in general.. And the cornhusk dolls you prolly read about on the web are made based upon a legend the legend of the spirit dancer. Also I am not white, nor ever stated to be indian, which I am not, I am very proud of being Afro/Irish.

On Topic:

I do agree with Melpo in most of the thing, but some I might need to disagree, but once agains, it all personal opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post
    http://www.genocidewatch.org/southafrica.html

Yes, a genocide is on the edge of starting. Many Afrikaner are murdered each year in so called 'plaasmoorde'. White Africans are the victim of this. Apartheid was bad, very bad, but it won't justify a genocide or these murders.
    Like I said you then the people of South Africa will have to speak and act in order to stop it, nothing else can prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmydinner View Post
    Yes, this subject is something that I particularly do not like discussing especially with people of different races. Although I do value input from different sides, it usually just stirs up too much emotion when talking about a particular subject. I am American and the actions of my ancestor's is something that I have to deal with in modern times, not just slavery but colonization. This has created a big sore gap between the blacks and whites of America (although I see it casually vanishing generations from now.) Really we could have retired this rift many many years ago if not for the media and the stirring up of controversy by them.

Eh just a little rant... this was more of a venting out of frustration than an organized post. Oh well.
    Totally on your side here. Btw, maybe an Alien Invasion would unite us all

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    Just because the president is black doesn't mean there isn't still a strong element of racism in the US. I'm well aware that some of my extended family, for example, is deeply racist against black people. I've been in bars where all the patrons were white and throwing out racial slurs like you would not believe. And then you get into the hard stats, like black people being consistently given harsher jail sentences that other groups, having a lower life expectancy, lower average income, lower average education level, etc... it's hard to claim that there's no longer any racism in the US, being overt prejudice or simply implicit racism.
    Maybe not, but step by step and we build the right future. Change will always happen even if we don't clearly see it. There is still racism in the U.S. but a black president would be unthinkable 40 years ago, maybe much less.

Deleted
    Sorry to hear that, so much for judging people by the content of their character, eh...

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    In sweden if you sing the national anthem you are called a racist. I don't even see how someone can be a racist since we are all the same race.
    bullshit. if you break out singing the national anthem randomly in a public place you'd be called retard not racist.
    because that's what you seem to be if you break out in song in a public place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Eeh, aren't you mixing the cards a bit here? Mugabe is the president of Zimbabwe, not South Africa.
    I started this thread about Southern Africa, not South Africa. Most people in this thread read it wrong. And yes, ANC = South Africa, ZANU-PF (Mugabe) = Zimbabwe.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KachynaEU View Post

Like I said you then the people of South Africa will have to speak and act in order to stop it, nothing else can prevent it.
    Well the government is absolutely not doing this, it's supporting the racism. The president sang a song, this year, about how he wants to see the whites slaughterd. Now come again and tell me there is no genocide going on in South-Africa. And tell me again how apartheid is to blame for the problems nowadays. This reacism, anno 2012, Black vs White, is totally ignored while it's the problem. People are looking at apartheid, totally blaming the wrong thing. That's my point.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isslag View Post
    The wound is very deep, 22 years is nothing not even one generation what do you expect to be welcome with open arm?
    Our ancestors have treated these people like animals and now we still abuse them by stealing their natural ressources.

Put yourself in their shoes maybe you'll get it, forget about being treated as equal that won't happen and it's a sad reality in all Africa.
    What!? xD
    ''I was treated with injustice 22+ years ago'' is not a valid defense for verbally assaulting an 18 year old.
    But please, enlighten me with your superior logic.

OT:

This example is just a long chain of people taking advantage of what x ancestor did to y ancestor. Not to long ago, the united states government apologized for the way their ancestors treated indians, the way their ancestors treated blacks.

Mark my words when i say i will never apologize to anyone for what the Vikings did, or what the Norwegian military was/is doing in Libya and Afghanistan. I was not 18 years and was not able to vote, thus i denounce any responsibility. Anyone trying to hold me personally accountable can go F*** themselves.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar