Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    as DH, elite leaper = game over pretty much. :P Too fast to kite. I would recommend using that knife attack with overpenetration rune, that way if they are all stacked up, and at least one of them doesn't have shield up, then you'll hit that one, and if you catch him without his shield you can just spam it. Will probably take you several minutes to kill them. Shield FTL

Kite backwards, throw knife, kite backwards, throw knife, kite backwards throw knife, etc. Try to keep him in an open space and save ss for when he walls you so you can at least get started towards the hole in the wall. Overpenetration also helps you with killing any collateral aggros while you are kiting.

Yep as a Monk I find the leaper's to be next to impossible to solo on Hell with abilities like those or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You are lying.
    IN Hell difficulty, a rare/elite mob can only have 3 effects, but you named 4 (not counting Burrowing, since that's a mob-type ability).
    he was a burrowing leaper. With molten, walling and invinerable minions. DO NOT come in to my thread and call me a liar.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You are lying.
    IN Hell difficulty, a rare/elite mob can only have 3 effects, but you named 4 (not counting Burrowing, since that's a mob-type ability).
    You haven't played Act I at all, have you?

It's always worse when the mobs have special abilities by nature of their type, in addition to the normal ones. I ran in to a group that could teleport, knockback, shielding, fire chains and they were casters so the ai was always set to run away from me. I have absolutely no idea how I would have even hit them, let alone killed them. Thank god I had two demon hunters with me.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    To OP... combinations like that, I will smoke screen, prep, trap, smoke screen etc, until I get them into a corner, and then die. At least this way if you're in a dungeon you can continue on and get a sweet yellow chest to open. Invulnerable minions I've found to be the hardest buff an elite can have as a demon hunter, along with reflect damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyllastus View Post
    To OP... combinations like that, I will smoke screen, prep, trap, smoke screen etc, until I get them into a corner, and then die. At least this way if you're in a dungeon you can continue on and get a sweet yellow chest to open. Invulnerable minions I've found to be the hardest buff an elite can have as a demon hunter, along with reflect damage.
    I had not thought of that. Just get them someplace out of teh way and then get by or get to what they are guarding , I like it. Thanks

Deleted
    I goddamn hate jailors/wallers with those arcane sentry combos on my barbarian...
    Or just about anything with arcane sentries.

entered the caradeum sewers (where you know its really tight) and i got a pretty BIG snakedemon with her little pack on me.
    Frozen plus arcane sentries, in that little space.
    Took alot of minutes and a few earthquakes to get free from her infernal corpsecamping.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-05-24 at 10:00 PM.

Some combinations are just a killer on Solo, nothing left to do but skip them really.