Poll: Will you play a year from now?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Definitely. Most likely not without breaks from time to time, we do have Heart of the Swarm and Mists coming as well this year. But yeah, I'll stay active in the game for quite a while.

I got into the D3 closed beta and played a bit. Wasn't too interested. Got the game for free with annual pass so opted to give it another shot. After sorting out my pixelated graphics issue (I have an ATi card that's affected by the pixelated graphics so had to roll back my drivers), I got a wizard to level 41 and started act 2 nightmare. Started to run through that only to die several times in a row. With the crappy loot system, constant dying, the professions, and the RMAH coming shortly, I have little interest in playing the game. The constant dying I don't mind since that only makes me bounce back and try again with a different tactic, but having to go back to a previous act I beat just to farm gear to continue with the act I'm currently roadblocked on interests me like a hole in the head. I also don't like that we can't customize our characters outside of our gear or the restricted camera. Makes me think the game is like 10 years old or better. The graphics are good, I'll give you that, but the setup of the game makes me think it's old. Another thing I don't like is the lack of a jump button. I'm so used to jumping around in my games that it disappoints me when I can't jump in Diablo 3. A minor nitpick compared to everything else that bugs me about the game.

I'm also not understanding the loot system in the slightest. I understand wizards need intelligence, demon hunters dexerity, etc, but everything else? There's a million stats and half the time I never know what's an upgrade, side grade, or downgrade. I tried to treat the game like WoW only to end up with really low health and getting one shot by the time I got to act 3 on normal. So I had to ditch the WoW gearing theory and go for a mix of intelligence and vitality, but that still doesn't help me any. The game isn't worth the headache for me. And if I have to go outside the game to research how to play it, the game really is not worth it. It's one thing to read a manual that came with the game, it's another to go to a 3rd party website to read their theories on what's best and what's crap. I did that enough for WoW, and for WoW it makes sense since it's constantly evolving. Diablo 3 is a single player game with multi-player support. As far as I'm aware, little will be added to the game in the future outside of PvP and maybe some items. So the game will stay fairly stagnant outside of hotfixes and maybe a patch here and there to fix bugs. I should be able to figure things out on my own from what's given to me in the game. Maybe playing D1 and D2 would help since I never played either game, but at this point, I've already given up on the Diablo franchise. If this game is this confusing and this frustrating, I don't want to know what the other two are like.

Simply put: no, I will not be playing Diablo 3 in a year. Chances are that I'll even forget I have it by then. I play games for fun and to relieve stress, not to create stress and give me an ulcer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure, but won't stop any time soon :P