Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I actually enjoy Nightmare (at the end of act2 atm) because its a perfect difficulty imo. I havent played d1 or d2 so getting used to the game is very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    are there any benefits whatsoever for running hardcore?
    It's a challenge.

General thumb of rule is:

Normal - Finish at 30
    Nightmare - finish at 50
    Hell - finish at 60

Nightmare is pretty much exactly the same diff as normal unless you have had really bad drops.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Nightmare is pretty much exactly the same diff as normal unless you have had really bad drops.
    I wouldn't say that though. Normal mode (as a DH) I could run straight into the middle of a pack and kill them before they killed me. In Nightmare you actually have to play your class a bit more correctly; snipe, lay traps, evade. Again, not saying it's "hard," but it is certainly harder than normal by a noticeable amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    I wouldn't say that though. Normal mode (as a DH) I could run straight into the middle of a pack and kill them before they killed me. In Nightmare you actually have to play your class a bit more correctly; snipe, lay traps, evade. Again, not saying it's "hard," but it is certainly harder than normal by a noticeable amount.
    I honestly never noticed much of a difference until act 4. Diff ramps of like crazy then at least for a Monk.