Help installing windows on new SSD

My friend was putting together my desktop for me, but had to go to work before he could complete it. Basically everything is done, and I just have to install windows.

I'd like to install windows on my SSD drive, and would like to know how to proceed. I'm using 1 ssd hd, and one traditional hd, and I have the windows installation cd in hand. I'm using an asus motherboard, btw.

My friend mentioned something about setting the boot sequence and trim. Can anyone provide additional instructions? Thanks!

not good with computers
    1. Install windows
    2. Done

There is nothing different than installing on a normal drive. You may want to move some of the folders in your user folder to another drive, but that can be done at any time.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/s...-for-ssds-hdds is a great guide to follow for not only installing Windows 7, but optimizing your SSD as well. I highly recommend it.

Just tell the windows installer to put it on the SSD. Make sure the SATA controller is set to AHCI mode beforehand though, changing it after installing Windows can be a real pain in the backside. If you really want to be sure, unplug the HDD's data cable so that the only place Windows can be installed on to is the SSD.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Thanks for the info everyone! My motherboard was already set to AHCI, so i just had to install windows. I'm planning on following the guide to optimize my ssd, as well.

just remove the power on the spindle drive until youve installed windows on the ssd. keeps things easy.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.